Phantom of the Opera 13 Durieux Release Discussion 06/06/13

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:33 pm

Timbrh2001 wrote:
DarkHallMansion wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:DHM you really have to stop directly addressing someone who will never be a fan. Keep it positive, yo.
Very true Earl, thank you for that.

We just really want collectors to know that because we're growing each year as demand continues to expand and our projects become larger, that's all because of them, collectors, and so we're grateful and matters they know we'll continue to do all we can to make the experience better for them with each drop.

Thanks again,

DHM
http://www.DarkHallMansion.com
How come your Phantom is green on your avatar? I've read this whole thread (so nobody can blame me for being lazy, haha) and haven't read any mention of these being GID or are they?
It's the teal one in DHM's avatar...
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
DarkHallMansion
Art Expert

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:36 pm

Timbrh2001 wrote:
DarkHallMansion wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:DHM you really have to stop directly addressing someone who will never be a fan. Keep it positive, yo.

We just really want collectors to know that because we're growing each year as demand continues to expand and our projects become larger, that's all because of them, collectors, and so we're grateful and matters they know we'll continue to do all we can to make the experience better for them with each drop.

Thanks again,

DHM
How come your Phantom is green on your avatar? I've read this whole thread (so nobody can blame me for being lazy, haha) and haven't read any mention of these being GID or are they?

Hey Tim,

Here's the closeup from Laurent, no GID, couple shots from diff angles on the Std "Phantom."

Thanks,

DHM
toobs
Art Expert

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:37 pm

DarkHallMansion wrote:

Thanks again,

DHM
I'm sure Blue has bought and flipped the sht! outta some of your previous prints, im sure he's bummed he cant do the same with this :wink:, wish i coulda scored a variant but i failed like many
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
Ctg9095
Art Expert

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:38 pm

DarkHallMansion wrote: Here's the closeup from Laurent, no GID, couple shots from diff angles on the Std "Phantom."
I caught a phantom STD once, fudge burned like a mofo...
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:39 pm

DarkHallMansion wrote:
Timbrh2001 wrote:
DarkHallMansion wrote:

Thanks again,

DHM

Hey Tim,

Here's the closeup from Laurent, no GID, couple shots from diff angles on the Std "Phantom."

Thanks,

DHM
Oh ok, the phantom's face looks like it has more Green than Teal in your shots vs. the ones that were on your website. Makes it look even better.
lilorphanFunkhouser
Art Expert

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:40 pm

Laurent Durieux wrote:For those of you who weren't fast enough, I'll have about 40 AP's available pretty soon... stay tuned! Thank you, Laurent
アキラImage
"Gkohler"-it only takes 1 idiot to throw that much cash at something for it to instantly be "worth" that much.
"Celsius"- Welcome to Expressobeans, bitch.
alexphoto01
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:45 pm

lilorphanFunkhouser wrote:
Laurent Durieux wrote:For those of you who weren't fast enough, I'll have about 40 AP's available pretty soon... stay tuned! Thank you, Laurent
Shhhhh. Hurting the flippers man.
aivc
Art Expert

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:45 pm

Blue says he would buy one if DHM's servers allowed him to, then goes on to say that it's an awful print :?

Got to hand to it to DHM for posting on EB even after having hickups on the drop. Ballsy move, I like it.

Also, this is a failip, so people shouldn't be so butthurt about it. You'll be able to pick up for around cost in a month or so.
aibohphobia wrote:Maybe, but either way you get some cred for joining on 4-20 at 4:20. Nexus of the Universe.
*****adap*****
Art Expert

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:46 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:Next DHM Durieux drop: edition of 40. Instant sell out!
drymount that just go Lotto from now on :wink:
Last edited by *****adap***** on Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These Pretzels Are Making Me Thirsty
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:46 pm

toobs wrote:
DarkHallMansion wrote:

Thanks again,

DHM
I'm sure Blue has bought and flipped the sht! outta some of your previous prints, im sure he's bummed he cant do the same with this :wink:, wish i coulda scored a variant but i failed like many
Not really.

Only thing I've bought from these clowns is the Charlie Brown Great Pumpkin, which was a shitshow. Tried to buy Metropolis, which was a major shitshow, and checked to see if anything would come up for this failip of a drop out of pure curiosity, which was yet another shitshow. Almost all the rest are epic failips.

P.S. How many of the regs did you buy to failip?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
flatland333
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:54 pm

wonkabars7
Art Expert

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:54 pm

Re: edition sizes

DHM is running from this inquiry just to keep the hype up. All the talk about 'demand' and instant sell outs are more about the run of 200, than anything.

If Mondo did this drop, what would the run be...400-450 give or take? Regardless, it would still sell out quickly but not instantly.

Not saying the answer is Stout SW run numbers (but ZOMG those have shot up in value too, so much for that comparison :roll: ), but 200? Seems inane to be honest.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:56 pm

and failip of the year goes to.....
flatland333 wrote:just $1 eBay 200931818140
spankman
Art Expert

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:59 pm

wtf? It seems like they're all on ebay now.Image Sad to see so many ended up in the hands of flippers, oh well.
"I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard.” Mike Tyson
WhoLikesRingo
Art Expert

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:59 pm

jlabbate wrote:and failip of the year goes to.....
flatland333 wrote:just $1 eBay 200931818140
Could that be an anti-hype sale to lower prices?