Universal Personhood 13 Fairey Release Discussion 06/04/13

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
cerebus
Art Expert

Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:02 pm

misterwhisper wrote:Yep, my bad. Misread OG's tweet just now. Sorry folks! :oops:
On the main page (not description), it says:

ORION PRINT
ON SALE 6/4 AT RANDOM, $45, LIMIT 1

I thought the same thing as you (that UP had been moved).
misterwhisper
Art Expert

Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Thanks! I was getting a bit worried about my eyes for a moment there!
PLUSH
Art Expert

Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:33 pm

This seems confusing. http://store.orionmusicandmore.com/prod ... ive-poster

As OG says that a litho will be available at the show. Yet, this one says screen printed. Maybe they see no difference?
Mapman
Art Expert

Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:40 pm

PLUSH wrote:This seems confusing. http://store.orionmusicandmore.com/prod ... ive-poster

As OG says that a litho will be available at the show. Yet, this one says screen printed. Maybe they see no difference?
Here is the full text from the Orion store page:
Please note: this item will not ship until after the festival.

Once again, we've enlisted renowned street artist Shepard Fairey to create the official Orion Music + More Festival poster. The 2013 edition features a wicked double-headed snake coiled around a freshly uncapped beer bottle and the full lineup at the bottom, all rendered in his signature palette of red, cream and black. For the first time, we're making this available for pre-sale so you can purchase yours ahead of time and have it delivered to your home instead of carrying it around the festival.
So this COULD be a screen print version, while a litho is being released at the festival. But based on the price for the one being pre-sold, I'd question that it's a screen print.

The OG site also has two different sale dates, so that just adds more confusion to it all!

I just want to really know if the Universal print is still being sold tomorrow or not!?!?!
misterwhisper
Art Expert

Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:59 pm

PLUSH wrote:This seems confusing. http://store.orionmusicandmore.com/prod ... ive-poster

From OG:

"Like I mentioned in a previous post, I was asked to do the poster art for Metallica’s Orion Festival again this year. I hinted that there might be a molotov cocktail of rock iconography… BAM… there is, literally a molotov cocktail of 200 proof sonic elixir! I’ll be releasing a limited edition of 350 signed and numbered prints on Thursday the 6th. There will also be an unsigned litho version on thick paper available at the festival."

Looks like there will be both -- signed limited screenprints from OG, and open edition lithos at the venue.
Celsius
Flipper

Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:02 pm

Ordered a while back. I'd be pissed if I got a litho and not a screenprint.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)
summoner
Art Freak

Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:04 pm

Celsius wrote:

Image Image Image
Celsius
Flipper

Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:08 pm

summoner wrote:
Celsius wrote:

Sent in a cancellation request to be safe. I'll just get it from obey on Thursday.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)
gonzo303
Art Freak

Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:22 pm

Obey won't let me buy 5 so I'm keeping with my Orion order. Ill definitely order from obey though too.
Same fudge, different drop.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:25 pm

#nobrainer
Celsius
Flipper

Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:25 pm

unomasmoi wrote:
gonzo303 wrote:Obey won't let me buy 5 so I'm keeping with my Orion order. Ill definitely order from obey though too.

decent gamble at $25 per
Do they know how to ship though?
gonzo303
Art Freak

Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:27 pm

Paypal is always a friend and will have your back.
Rebafeind
Art Expert

Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:32 pm

they have changed the wording on the drop tomorrow

as everyone guessed regular drop zone is in play.
FreeTheWestMemphis3
Art Expert

Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Rebafeind wrote:they have changed the wording on the drop tomorrow

as everyone guessed regular drop zone is in play.
:evil:
ErocAfellar wrote:Repubs don't want to cut government spending. They just want to cut government spending on things they don't agree with.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:23 pm

I will pb for this drop if anyone is in need. :pint:

I am committed, no more pm's please. :D
Last edited by Kramerica on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH