Obey Star 13 Fairey Release Discussion 05/21/13

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
fright
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 21, 2013 2:46 pm

Need this in my life........
soam24
Art Freak

Tue May 21, 2013 2:47 pm

mike123230 wrote:Looks like this brought the flippers back out in force...I wonder if Obey is going to take the time to cancel all their orders...may be enough for a second drop if so.

well yeah. 100 more copies.. 100 more people who normally can't land.. land.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Tue May 21, 2013 2:47 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:
jlabbate wrote:so..did any one buy this that isn't looking to swap it for TWBB? :roll:
Why not?!? People purchased TWBB to flip or to trade for something else. What makes this one different?
no difference..just funny to see almost everone who has this for trade/sale will only trade for the Horkey
mike123230
Art Expert

Tue May 21, 2013 2:48 pm

jlabbate wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:
jlabbate wrote:so..did any one buy this that isn't looking to swap it for TWBB? :roll:
Why not?!? People purchased TWBB to flip or to trade for something else. What makes this one different?
no difference..just funny to see almost everone who has this for trade/sale will only trade for the Horkey
Makes sense...it's the first big/comparable drop since the TWBB
toyroom
Art Expert

toobs wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:
Shep hunts down flippers while mondo turns the other cheek?
Looks like a turkey shoot on ebay right now.
cardhawks
Art Expert

I've never understood the need to bitch about "flippers" on a site that has a price guide and ebay links :pint:
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue May 21, 2013 2:49 pm

jlabbate wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:
People will trade their Horkey for this? I would take that trade in a heartbeat. Hell, I would even throw in cash on top of the Fairey.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue May 21, 2013 2:49 pm

Nemesis01 wrote:Does anyone know if there is a way to load a site after using C4C or page monitor and you get the message from google stating "your computer or network may be sending automated queries." I think I might have permanently lost access to the obey site at work now :(
Nemesis01 wrote:Does anyone know if there is a way to load a site after using C4C or page monitor and you get the message from google stating "your computer or network may be sending automated queries." I think I might have permanently lost access to the obey site at work now
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
WhoLikesRingo
Art Expert

Tue May 21, 2013 2:51 pm

I love how people are so insulted when you offer them a print that has a value that has been holding for well longer than a day for the one they bought an hour ago. Especially when it's in their matchmaker

Obey Capitalism.
finneganm
Art Freak

Tue May 21, 2013 2:52 pm

The FS/FT section is strong to quite strong.
That's what she said
summoner
Art Freak

Tue May 21, 2013 2:56 pm

From the looks of the Trades section, Mondo fans jumped on this as a chance to try to trade for a TWBB... Little do they know that the majority of Obey fans tried to buy this to KEEP.... :roll:
Image Image Image
theomont
Art Expert

Tue May 21, 2013 2:56 pm

mike123230 wrote:Looks like this brought the flippers back out in force...I wonder if Obey is going to take the time to cancel all their orders...may be enough for a second drop if so.
I think this one brought a lot of people back into an OG drop. I saw that this was going on sale today by chance and knew that I had to try for it. Glad I'm still lucky on the OG servers and got one. I'll be keeping and framing this one up for sure and it's my first Obey try since I got the Dee Dee print.
http://theomont.blogspot.com - check it if you get a chance.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Tue May 21, 2013 2:57 pm

WhoLikesRingo wrote:I love how people are so insulted when you offer them a print that has a value that has been holding for well longer than a day for the one they bought an hour ago. Especially when it's in their matchmaker
yea, you don't get it :lol:
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
FOODRAP
Art Expert

Tue May 21, 2013 2:57 pm

just got out of a meeting here in Newport Beach CA and missed out. :(

If anyone wants to let one go, please let me know.

Not looking to pay ebay prices but will pay you a little extra...a little

Plus, I been known to repay the favor.

Thanks
summoner
Art Freak

Tue May 21, 2013 2:58 pm

FOODRAP wrote:just got out of a meeting here in Newport Beach CA and missed out. :(

If anyone wants to let one go, please let me know.

Not looking to pay ebay prices but will pay you a little extra...a little

Plus, I been known to repay the favor.

Thanks

Let's do this.
Image Image Image