The Turtles' Quest 13 Florey Release Discussion 03/26/13

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
automator
Nobody

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:00 pm

This topic is dedicated to release discussion for The Turtles' Quest 13 Florey - 1st

Florey
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:14 pm

Here's a slightly better look at the piece.
valotron
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:42 pm

Wayy too pink. I want a black variant.
Florey
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:01 pm

valotron wrote:Wayy too pink. I want a black variant.
Too pink? I didn't think there was such a thing.
No variant on this one unfortunately.
punch
Art Expert

Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:50 pm

Yeeeahhh.. Not digging the pink at all. No little boy is going to want this in his room. Trying to make a girl friendly TMNT print?

Kudos for going that deep into the TMNT rouges gallery though.
Florey
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:43 pm

punch wrote:Yeeeahhh.. Not digging the pink at all. No little boy is going to want this in his room. Trying to make a girl friendly TMNT print?

Kudos for going that deep into the TMNT rouges gallery though.
Not really. The soft pinks just felt right for the piece. Offset most of the character colours nicely.
And pink was kind of a thing in the late eighties/early nineties. I'm pretty sure I had a neon pink, orange and green skateboard and some point. Maybe I was a weirdo though. Haha.
But yeah, TMNT have a crazy amount of whacky bad guys. Good fun.
Thanks for the feedback guys.
staidanflakes
Art Enthusiast

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:43 pm

I really like this, but you know maybe it's because I'm a girl and dig pink... :-P /sarcasm

Really enjoying this series so far, and I'll be trying to pick one up. Still hoping to get one of the AP's for The Other Plumber's Quest though...
Florey
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:11 pm

staidanflakes wrote:I really like this, but you know maybe it's because I'm a girl and dig pink... :-P /sarcasm

Really enjoying this series so far, and I'll be trying to pick one up. Still hoping to get one of the AP's for The Other Plumber's Quest though...
Ha! Awesome. Glad you're into it.
I have Mario/Luigi APs in hand, just working on getting tubes and supplies sorted, then they'll go up.
I'll tweet and blog it out when they're good to go, so keep an eye out.
statik
Art Expert

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:02 pm

Well I did pick this up recently, which is awesome in person. I have so much TMNT as it is

....sooooooo how can I NOT pick this up as well? I don't mind the pink. It fits the time period like you said. What other color would look better is my question considering all the different colors of the characters you have to be careful not to blend in with. I was contemplating painting my office a dark purple color anyway so this would work quite well. Though that might change to a dark green or some kind of grey. I hate being ocd sometimes.

What time does this release?
drymount your sig!
Florey
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:39 pm

statik wrote:Well I did pick this up recently, which is awesome in person. I have so much TMNT as it is

....sooooooo how can I NOT pick this up as well? I don't mind the pink. It fits the time period like you said. What other color would look better is my question considering all the different colors of the characters you have to be careful not to blend in with. I was contemplating painting my office a dark purple color anyway so this would work quite well. Though that might change to a dark green or some kind of grey. I hate being ocd sometimes.

What time does this release?
Nice!
Just paint your office all of those colours. Get crazy.
I believe it's 12 noon March 26.
statik
Art Expert

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:50 pm

Hey Florey noticed on your Tumbler it said this:

"First person to name every character wins a No Prize!"

I don't have Tumbler so I'll answer here instead.

Michelangelo, Donatello, Leonardo, Raphael, Foot Solider, Mouser, Bebop, Baxter Stockman, Rocksteady, Rat King, Slash, Antrax, Wingnut & Screwloose, Rahzer, Mutagen Man, Tokka, Muckman & Joe Eyeball, Groundchuck, Dirtbag, Triceraton, Leatherhead, General Traag, Krang, Technodrome, Shredder.
drymount your sig!
Florey
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:00 pm

statik wrote:Hey Florey noticed on your Tumbler it said this:

"First person to name every character wins a No Prize!"

I don't have Tumbler so I'll answer here instead.

Michelangelo, Donatello, Leonardo, Raphael, Foot Solider, Mouser, Bebop, Baxter Stockman, Rocksteady, Rat King, Slash, Antrax, Wingnut & Screwloose, Rahzer, Mutagen Man, Tokka, Muckman & Joe Eyeball, Groundchuck, Dirtbag, Triceraton, Leatherhead, General Traag, Krang, Technodrome, Shredder.
That's cool. Only 'artists' and twelve year old girls have a Tumblr.
But damn! Hot dog! We have a weiner!
Hope you enjoy your No Prize. You got it spot on!
A bit of a TMNT fan I take it?
statik
Art Expert

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:12 pm

Florey wrote:
Pretty much. Every day after school I would grab my huge tote sack of tmnt toys and act out stupid stories with my neighbor and childhood best friend while watching the newest episode of TMNT on the tv. Roots that never left apparently. The only character I had trouble with was freaking Dirtbag, name just slipped my memory for some reason. I had to dig out one of my boxes of tmnt figures to figure that one out.

You take requests for prints in this style? I'd kill for a Toejam & Earl. So many enemies to make it really fun. In TJ&E 1 the ground was green grass for the most part, in 2 it was mostly pink. I think as long as it had the black space background it would look pretty damn amazing. Elevator at the end of the quest would be perfect. Just a random thought.

Thanks for the nostalgia kick. :lol:
drymount your sig!
Florey
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:31 pm

statik wrote:
Florey wrote:
Pretty much. Every day after school I would grab my huge tote sack of tmnt toys and act out stupid stories with my neighbor and childhood best friend while watching the newest episode of TMNT on the tv. Roots that never left apparently. The only character I had trouble with was freaking Dirtbag, name just slipped my memory for some reason. I had to dig out one of my boxes of tmnt figures to figure that one out.

You take requests for prints in this style? I'd kill for a Toejam & Earl. So many enemies to make it really fun. In TJ&E 1 the ground was green grass for the most part, in 2 it was mostly pink. I think as long as it had the black space background it would look pretty damn amazing. Elevator at the end of the quest would be perfect. Just a random thought.

Thanks for the nostalgia kick. :lol:
I think most of us born in the 80s can relate. Wish I still had more of the toys.
I've got a few of these planned. Would love to hear suggestions. I plan on continuing this 'Epic Quests' series until I (or you guys) get sick of them.
I wasn't a huge Toejam & Earl kid, but I do remember them. I'll put it on the list. You never know!
Florey
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:39 am

Just under 12 hours until the prints are released over at http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/
They just put up a blog post with all the details here http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/blogs/ ... nformation