Un Prophete 13 Stout Release Discussion 03/15/13

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
automator
Nobody

Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:28 pm

This topic is dedicated to release discussion for Un Prophete 13 Stout - 1st

binky79
Art Expert

Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:37 am

Maybe the biggest "head-scratcher" of the show. Someone from the VIP/Press preview showed us a real quick flash of it and I genuinely thought it was Christopher Walken in The Prophecy. And honestly, I was a little disappointed to discover my mistake. But it looks so much like my favorite Stout, Let the Right One In, and I hadn't yet seen Un Prophete, so it was impossible to pass up.

I just finished watching the movie and I am SO glad I picked it up. Such a fantastic film. I love it when they make posters for my favorite movies. But it's even better when A great poster introduces me to something I would have never otherwise sought out. :clap:
OsironESP
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:16 am

binky79 wrote:Maybe the biggest "head-scratcher" of the show. Someone from the VIP/Press preview showed us a real quick flash of it and I genuinely thought it was Christopher Walken in The Prophecy. And honestly, I was a little disappointed to discover my mistake. But it looks so much like my favorite Stout, Let the Right One In, and I hadn't yet seen Un Prophete, so it was impossible to pass up.

I just finished watching the movie and I am SO glad I picked it up. Such a fantastic film. I love it when they make posters for my favorite movies. But it's even better when A great poster introduces me to something I would have never otherwise sought out. :clap:
:clap: Agreed, I can't believe this is not getting more love, sure a semi obscure movie, but a damn good one at that, and the print, just looks amazing.
finneganm
Art Freak

Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:18 am

Looks like no release from Stout directly on these, which is a bummer. Great print for a great film
That's what she said
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:31 pm

OsironESP wrote:
binky79 wrote:Maybe the biggest "head-scratcher" of the show. Someone from the VIP/Press preview showed us a real quick flash of it and I genuinely thought it was Christopher Walken in The Prophecy. And honestly, I was a little disappointed to discover my mistake. But it looks so much like my favorite Stout, Let the Right One In, and I hadn't yet seen Un Prophete, so it was impossible to pass up.

:clap: Agreed, I can't believe this is not getting more love, sure a semi obscure movie, but a damn good one at that, and the print, just looks amazing.
Maybe semi-obscure in America, but it has almost 50,000 reviews on IMDB so someone is watching it. I saw it the year it came out (or at least the year it came out in the US) thanks to a couple recommendations in the movie thread here.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Dubflakes
Art Expert

Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:29 pm

Codeblue wrote:Maybe semi-obscure in America, but it has almost 50,000 reviews on IMDB so someone is watching it. I saw it the year it came out (or at least the year it came out in the US) thanks to a couple recommendations in the movie thread here.
"Obscure movie" in America means, "I don't like to read subtitles."
Zukov
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:12 pm

Dubflakes wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Maybe semi-obscure in America, but it has almost 50,000 reviews on IMDB so someone is watching it. I saw it the year it came out (or at least the year it came out in the US) thanks to a couple recommendations in the movie thread here.
"Obscure movie" in America means, "I don't like to read subtitles."
rubberneck
Art God

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:13 pm

Dubflakes wrote:
"Obscure movie" in America means, "I'm too goddamn lazy to read subtitles."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
al4591
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:42 pm

This is one of my all time favorite gangster flicks. Obviously people don't know it too well though because it's in French. But that just makes it easier for me to own/hang/keep this print so I'm happy.

And for all of you who haven't seen this movie, I EXTREMELY suggest you check it out. I honestly have it up there with the Godfather and Goodfellas. It was nominated for an Oscar and currently holds a 97% out of 145 reviews on rottentomatoes and a 90 on metacritic. Acclaim like that doesn't happen often. Especially for a movie as violent and gritty as this.