Peace Dove 13 Fairey Release Discussion 03/05/13

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
User avatar
ErocAfellar
Art Expert
Posts: 4515
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:25 pm

Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:15 pm

GmidD wrote: Honestly, I don't even really care that much that I missed this print.
:lol:
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
User avatar
fnord
Art Expert
Posts: 7400
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:19 pm

Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:18 pm

hogie777 wrote:Guestimates as to average EB price in one month?
Image

this is too much fun
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
truthiness
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:00 am

Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:21 pm

GmidD wrote:
shoeless wrote:
gonzo303 wrote:How mad are you GimdD?
Oh, he mad.
Oh, I'm good. Anyone who knows me personally would tell you that I don't get mad very easily. :D It would take a whole lot more than a sh!tty website and a missed print to get me mad. Honestly, I don't even really care that much that I missed this print. Just gets annoying that any complaints about the site are met with pretty harsh comments and people keep saying there's nothing wrong with his site, when clearly there is.
You do realize that there were likely tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of people vying for 300 prints, correct? OG on FB has 433k likes, OG on Twitter has 120k followers. This in addition to anyone else who is not on those platforms. If just 10% his social media audience went for this, that's 55k people hitting a server at once. For the server to successfully complete 300 transactions in under 5 minutes during what is essentially a small DDoS scenario is a testament to just how GOOD you had it today. What you are wishing for would kill your chances at getting a print. Consider the 'glitches' you experience as 'second chances' and be grateful that they are there.
User avatar
treejam1
Art Expert
Posts: 1861
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:50 pm
Location: Philly

Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:25 pm

truthiness wrote:
GmidD wrote:
shoeless wrote:
gonzo303 wrote:How mad are you GimdD?
Oh, he mad.
Oh, I'm good. Anyone who knows me personally would tell you that I don't get mad very easily. :D It would take a whole lot more than a sh!tty website and a missed print to get me mad. Honestly, I don't even really care that much that I missed this print. Just gets annoying that any complaints about the site are met with pretty harsh comments and people keep saying there's nothing wrong with his site, when clearly there is.
You do realize that there were likely tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of people vying for 300 prints, correct? OG on FB has 433k likes, OG on Twitter has 120k followers. This in addition to anyone else who is not on those platforms. If just 10% his social media audience went for this, that's 55k people hitting a server at once. For the server to successfully complete 300 transactions in under 5 minutes during what is essentially a small DDoS scenario is a testament to just how GOOD you had it today. What you are wishing for would kill your chances at getting a print. Consider the 'glitches' you experience as 'second chances' and be grateful that they are there.
User avatar
appletree
Art Expert
Posts: 6886
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: Cypress, Texas
Contact:

Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:25 pm

No way 100,000 people were trying to buy a print.
<3 + Image = T.H.C.

:::Johnathon Powers Photography:::
Sail wrote:it was all just a misunderstandingtree.
User avatar
hogie777
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 718
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:13 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:26 pm

fnord wrote:
hogie777 wrote:Guestimates as to average EB price in one month?
Image

this is too much fun
:lol: :lol:
“We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams” - Willy Wonka
User avatar
acidfree
Art Expert
Posts: 1995
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:25 pm

Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:26 pm

fnord wrote:
hogie777 wrote:Guestimates as to average EB price in one month?
Image

this is too much fun
:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
chalkdust
Art Expert
Posts: 7151
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:00 am
Location: St. Louis

Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:27 pm

Image
jvphish
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:43 pm
Location: NC

Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:27 pm

appletree wrote:No way 100,000 people were trying to buy a print.

hahahaha seriously

wtf.
truthiness
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:00 am

Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:28 pm

fnord wrote:
hogie777 wrote:Guestimates as to average EB price in one month?
Image

this is too much fun
THAT is awesome.
truthiness
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:00 am

Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:29 pm

appletree wrote:No way 100,000 people were trying to buy a print.
agreed. just a hypothetical.

If you had to make a guess what would you say?
Last edited by truthiness on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
gonzo303
Art Freak
Posts: 18438
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:29 pm

appletree wrote:No way 100,000 people were trying to buy a print.
But they have 433k followers on Facebook alone
Same fudge, different drop.
User avatar
appletree
Art Expert
Posts: 6886
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: Cypress, Texas
Contact:

Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:30 pm

truthiness wrote:
appletree wrote:No way 100,000 people were trying to buy a print.
agreed.
I was referring to the statement you made.....

Edit: Ah ok saw your edit. I have no idea but no where near that much. I am sure a lot of people, but with a random time and all things considered I doubt it was a tenth of that. Even being hypothetical, you don't really believe that many people on a Tuesday were trying to buy this print, do you? Not attacking, just curious as it seems highly unrealistic.
Last edited by appletree on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<3 + Image = T.H.C.

:::Johnathon Powers Photography:::
Sail wrote:it was all just a misunderstandingtree.
User avatar
Wawaad
Art Expert
Posts: 1263
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:31 pm

gonzo303 wrote:
appletree wrote:No way 100,000 people were trying to buy a print.
But they have 433k followers on Facebook alone
+ 120K on twitter = 100,000 buyers
it's just science
Have No Fear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The Nation is Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
gonzo303
Art Freak
Posts: 18438
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:32 pm

Wawaad wrote:
gonzo303 wrote:
appletree wrote:No way 100,000 people were trying to buy a print.
But they have 433k followers on Facebook alone
+ 120K on twitter = 100,000 buyers
it's just science
Did they hashtag anything on twitter? That adds more potential followers/buyers
Same fudge, different drop.
Post Reply