Dead Silence 13 Taylor Release Discussion 01/18/13

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
poopsicle
Art Expert

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:34 pm

haha well this was sweet news to come home to!
You can't spread peanut butter on a porpoise.
YORKSHIREpuddin
Art Expert

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:36 am

I see a few AP's on eBay. It looks really nice. Shame a lot of us will be receiving them drymounted up.

Can anyone confirm what glows?
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:47 am

YORKSHIREpuddin wrote:I see a few AP's on eBay. It looks really nice. Shame a lot of us will be receiving them drymounted up.

Can anyone confirm what glows?
Anything in orange. The inner of the phone booth and the highlights among the items around it.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:05 pm

Looks like you can pick up just the poster from Billy Talent now..

$35.49

http://www.billytalent.com/Store/Produc ... gory=Merch
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
stefansf
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:33 pm

Wow. I don't even know what to say. My "flipper" hasn't received the print yet from Billy Talent. This was supposed to have been sold out and now I can just go to the Billy Talent website and order one for $35? I ordered one. Why do I think the one I ordered will show up first...

Something is messed up here.

halftonegraphics wrote:Looks like you can pick up just the poster from Billy Talent now..

$35.49

http://www.billytalent.com/Store/Produc ... gory=Merch
sustain
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:06 pm

Excited to finally get this in the mail direct from Billy Talent. Unfortunately the packaging was terrible and I am left with a print that has several creases. :hanging:
YORKSHIREpuddin
Art Expert

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:20 am

I have to say Billy Talent customer service is the worst ever. After sending emails and leaving messages (they never pick up the phone you have to leave a message) daily for a week they finally emailed me back. I sent photos and they apologized for the damage (my poster was almost ripped in 2) but said they didn't have any replacements so they would refund me. Yet I see they are selling them on their site for $35.49.

So I looked at my credit card statement today and they had refunded me $13.66 for the poster. I ended up being charged full price $46.49 for a shitty album I don't even want. All I want is a Ken Taylor poster.

I don't know what to do, Would my credit card company be able to help?
hiroglifx
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:08 pm

Yeah I was bummed when this arrived in a box with the LP,mine came out fairly decent,but still,for the $60 total,it should have been packed better.I'm pretty positive it was only an addition of 100 originally,but who knows,it wasn't numbered and now you can buy just the poster on their website,who knows how many there are now..kinda sucks,but its still a really cool print and the album gatefold is nice,doubt I wouldn't really listen to the album though,not quite my steez...just wanted the Ken artwork.The phonebooth glows and the yellow highlights around the booth glow,shoulda put more highlights in to make it glow more.Whatever,its still a 12x36 Ken Taylor piece that glows,take it for what it is.
"Not all those who wander are lost"-J.R.R.Tolkien