Looking for some poster corner weights

Discussion of gallery shows and art exhibitions.
pvecchi
Art Expert

Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:30 am

Hello

Looking for some good corner weights for flattening / showing rolled prints. I’ve seen people with nice beanbag ones. Anyone with some recommendations and/or reviews, comments?
TIA
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:44 am

Never buy anything that is made with an organic filler, such as rice, as it can rot and/or attract pests. You also wouldn't want anything with sand or other abrasive material in them. Iwish is a member here that used to make bags and would even customize them for you if you send her images. Her store is down now but you might be able to pm her to buy a set. Baroque also sells leather poster weights. I like both kinds, though the leather are a little heavier.
https://www.baroqueportfolios.com/colle ... er-weights
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
pvecchi
Art Expert

Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:19 am

Kramerica wrote:Never buy anything that is made with an organic filler, such as rice, as it can rot and/or attract pests. You also wouldn't want anything with sand or other abrasive material in them. Iwish is a member here that used to make bags and would even customize them for you if you send her images. Her store is down now but you might be able to pm her to buy a set. Baroque also sells leather poster weights. I like both kinds, though the leather are a little heavier.
Thank you. This is exactly the type of info I’m looking for :pint:
haven
Art Expert

Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:24 am

There are several sellers on etsy as well.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:38 am

Kramerica wrote:Never buy anything that is made with an organic filler, such as rice, as it can rot and/or attract pests. You also wouldn't want anything with sand or other abrasive material in them. Iwish is a member here that used to make bags and would even customize them for you if you send her images. Her store is down now but you might be able to pm her to buy a set. Baroque also sells leather poster weights. I like both kinds, though the leather are a little heavier.

cosigned
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:40 am

Collecting for 16 years with no poster weights. Luls.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:42 am

You one of those pint glass/canned goods people?
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
guryter
Art Expert

Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:43 am

More like sandals and candle jars
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
pvecchi
Art Expert

Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:53 am

guryter wrote:More like sandals and candle jars

I just use a few old pairs of tennis shoes