Mike Mitchell's Thread of Amazing Things

General art-related discussion.
virtualj
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:12 pm

Can I be the one that is upset because it's not as exclusive anymore? 5 minute window my ass, catering to the cry babies is a budge move
I donate anonymously.
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:13 pm

What's the difference between the variant and the regular? What am I going get if I bought one 3 hours ago?
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:14 pm

if you didnt stick around for doobie bird, you didnt truly earn doobie bird.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:14 pm

Progress shots:

<expletive deleted>

So it goes...
aldobishalini
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:17 pm

virtualj wrote:Can I be the one that is upset because it's not as exclusive anymore? 5 minute window my ass, catering to the cry babies is a budge move
Agreed.... cried and got what they wanted. And even some who missed the 2nd window still complained. Useless.
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
virtualj
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:22 pm

aldobishalini wrote:
virtualj wrote:Can I be the one that is upset because it's not as exclusive anymore? 5 minute window my ass, catering to the cry babies is a budge move
Agreed.... cried and got what they wanted. And even some who missed the 2nd window still complained. Useless.
Right, when's round 3 or are we done for real this time?
I donate anonymously.
Luminous
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:23 pm

Meh, I love streams like this but I've got kids. I couldn't possibly have remained glued to my computer the entire time to catch the first doobie drop. So I'm grateful for the second opportunity.

For the record I wasn't one of the "cry babies". Before the second drop was announced I accepted I simply missed something exclusive. I wasn't even logged in to be able to comment.
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:23 pm

Was driving the first time and the feed cut out, was an idiot the 2nd. Wasn't complaining, just bummed I missed it. Happy for those who scored
ImageImage
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:24 pm

So it goes...
NEWPORTS69
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:24 pm

mik should do a nothin burger if he got the balls but i doubt it
aldobishalini
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:25 pm

virtualj wrote:
aldobishalini wrote:
Right, when's round 3 or are we done for real this time?

I thought the version was an exclusive to those there for those 5 minutes... probably <50. NOW.... it's probably 150.
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:29 pm

Let's put down the J for a second. Was really cool to see the thing unfold, especially the beginning. Whole thing moved SO quickly. Unreal how seemingly seamless it was. Have a whole new appreciation for Mik's art. Then he did the branch and I'm like "too many leaves.." but nope. It was fantastic in the end. Loved all the rendering too. Thanks for the education Mike
ImageImage
statik
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:30 pm

I don't have a account on Twitch either so I wasn't able to comment. I made one comment on fb, third shift sucks. Left it at that.

This didn't discourage me from wanting to see what was left of the process since by the time I woke up it was still going on. I especially enjoyed seeing him update doobie bird. The second two minute drop was a nice surprise and I'm thankful for it.

Like it was said some of us don't have that kind of schedule. I know West Coasters were either still at work, driving home (rush hour), and who knows what else. Thanks again Mike. I enjoyed the hour and change I caught.
drymount your sig!
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:33 pm

danieldanger wrote:if you didnt stick around for doobie bird, you didnt truly earn doobie bird.
Yes, because everyone has hours in the evenings. You DD should know more than others with renovations and upcoming wedding among other things in your life. And you don't even have kids yet :lol: We ain't no #truefans enough, I guess. Luls.
virtualj
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:36 pm

"that kind of a schedule" doesn't come into play when someone says "hey here's something special that's up for five minutes only". Either you're there or you're not. It's luck, not a right to be accommodated.

But hooray for Mike for the payday. Can't knock a guy for getting paid and he's the one that makes the rules. I'm sure he'd refund if I was upset enough to ask for one :notworthy:
I donate anonymously.