Mike Mitchell's Thread of Amazing Things

General art-related discussion.
captainhavoc
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:36 pm

anyone ISO a kevin spacey JLU?
Ayes wrote:Maybe all these dates who've been turning you down see you in your yard hurling cat food and blowing weed smoke at your neighbor's pets.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:59 pm

ok, i lied. Its no wonder there are no artists on here. This is the peanut gallery of critiquing art.

Same goes for twitter and instagram. I see artists get blasted on there all the time.

But at least they have control over their own domain....they can delete the comments or report them.

Not sure even why they have critiques amongst peers in art classes and design school anymore, if no one can take the heat.

Doesn't critique, review, criticism and commentary make you a better artist? See the err in your ways? Knock you down, yet build you up in the long run?

Look at what Geddes did to his latest sculpture, due to critique from the peanut gallery. 8)

Some artists accept it. Most say drymount off, i don't need you.
Last edited by mattlew69 on Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:03 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:31 pm
I personally enjoyed the hypocrisy of being a SJW in his spare time, while at the same time doodling Hitler into a Superman pose on a postcard and charging people 10 bucks for it - then subsequently getting indignant about it when people suggested that's not really cool. And when folks were like, hey maybe it would be a nice thing to at least donate some of that cash to causes that combat anti-Semitism, he pretty much laughed at the audacity to even suggest a thing. This guy is a chode and it's amusing to me that he's still got the wool pulled tightly around some folk's eyes. What do you do when more and more people point out the fact that you might be kind of a prick? Go make a special MM parler where everyone worships at the alter and no ill words can be spoken. I'm embarrassed to say I was ever a fan, but I guess I was young and dumb. Now I'm just old and dumb.
Welp one less thing for me to include in my response. Good lord you know you're a piece of fudge when printnoob comes at you. Lets not forget when he and a few buddies decided to start attacking their peers publicly for the artwork they were releasing. https://twitter.com/PosterPosse/status/ ... 4264872960 Looks like you deleted all of your comments. Who is the coward now? At least I stand by the fudge I say even if I end up being wrong. The fact that anyone still defends your character is comical. People like shitty art so the fact you keep selling prints isn't surprising but the character defending is. I am honestly shocked that none of the people you have backed out of deals with have decided to join the pile on. Since one of your favorite moves seems to be asking for a hand in something or acquiring something, getting said thing and then not holding up your end of the deal. I do love that you took a shot at me but you're too big of a pussy to actually address me by name. What actually happened was my wife for some inexplicable reason loved the fat birds and some of the fat kingdom stuff so she wanted the armadillo. I said you were a piece of fudge and I didn't want to watch her put money in your hand for your "art". I couldn't have her standing in kevin tongs line alone though could i? I didn't think I'd be able to stand there and not talk fudge to you so I decided to go to a different booth while she did that. I didn't want to make a scene at Mondocon and I was buddies with a few Mondo employees so in the moment I decided to just avoid your booth. You clown.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:05 pm

mattlew69 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:59 pm
Its no wonder there are no artists on here. This is the peanut gallery of critiquing art.

Same goes for twitter and instagram. I see artists get blasted on there all the time.

But at least they have control over their own domain....they can delete the comments or report them.

Not sure even why they have critiques amongst peers in art classes and design school anymore, if no one can take the heat.

Doesn't critique, review, criticism and commentary make you a better artist? See the err in your ways? Knock you down, yet build you up in the long run?

Look at what Geddes did to his latest sculpture, due to critique from the peanut gallery. 8)

Some artists accept it. Most say drymount off, i don't need you.
Mike doesn't want critiques. He wants an echo chamber.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
guryter
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:25 pm

Does he also drymount people's moms on top of piles of torn up giclees?
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:28 pm

That's Doyle, but two sides of the same coin.
bsharp
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:52 pm

Just wanted to share the Homer print for those that cared to see it. My mistake. :oops:
cotis
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:05 pm

did you delete it?
bsharp
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:13 pm

cotis wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:05 pm
did you delete it?
Delete something on EB? That’s some high level mondo bot coder type stuff.
TonyC
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:30 pm

Don't really get at all why MM is so bent out of shape. Is it that controversial to say that it's stupid to spend $750 on a couple ripped $35 giclees and that he's overcharging his fans? I mean, in his heart he has to know that, right? He used to absolutely crush Doyle on here (rightfuflly) for making multiple "limited" editions of the same prints. Didn't hold back at all. But now he can't handle any criticism whatsoever. Kinda lame.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:51 am

please insert Cindi Lauper " True (giclee) Colors" for better onveonce :D
bryndavies
Art Expert

Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:28 am

Mike Mitchell is a petulant child and the ultimate art grifter secondary to Doyle. Always has been, always will be. Se la vie.
ImageT.K.C.
IronBott
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:37 am

wow all the OG posting fudge again. This feel like EB of 2013.
2021 up to a great start guys, dont stop bitchin!
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:05 am

here for the MAKE EB GREAT AGAIN shirts, hats, and lawn signs.
alteridiom
Art Expert

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:47 am

I'll come out of hiding for this one.

I've really liked some of MM's stuff. Not everything but a fair amount. Collected JLU and Fat Birds. A few other things here and there. It kind of all started to fall apart when he became more of an online presence that attacked other artists. For someone that 90% of his art was a riff on somebody else's property he was attacking other artists as if he owned those properties himself. The more he showed his ass the less I cared to support him. He eventually blocked me on Twitter. If I recall he was going after Florey for doing some silhouettes of Marvel characters. He wasn't interested in engaging in conversation. Typical keyboard warrior. Express anger, refuse self-reflection. Doesn't seem like a very considerate or insightful guy. This attitude and his kind of one-trick-pony art resulted in me walking away.
Small town pizza lawyer