Mike Mitchell's Thread of Amazing Things

General art-related discussion.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:37 am

RPuzio77 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:31 pm
Ben Young - "And I'm a fan of a small fraction of what he releases" - small fan huh, you own 227 of, to quote Codeblue this duke's artwork. Hate to see how many you would have if you liked his "artwork". Anyway, carry on just another GRUMPY, WHITE GUY, I guess.
That numbers a little high (but I haven't updated my EB in a bit), but yes I collected his Super series and Food Dudes. But since he has 825 releases in the database that puts me at about 1/4 of his out put interests me. Oh well, I'm sure this comment to will be analyzed and picked apart, have at it.
xangelx
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:05 am

Thread delivers.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:23 am

xangelx wrote:
Thread delivers.
Gumpy whites doing all the delivery too! Should change the thread name to "Postmates: missed connections".

There's only one other person I know that gets this worked up over MM. ben your soul mate is out there, two peas in a pod.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:58 am

sirmitchell wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:01 am
To my fans in this thread, thank you for your support and encouragement all these years, it means the world to me and I appreciate the hell out of you. For real.

To all the haters in this thread. I've honestly never ran into this kind of hostility in my entire life. None of y'all know me, but you must really hate my art, or some comment I made at some point, and that's fine. You just keep sitting on the sidelines anonymously spectating, talking fudge, but the reality is not one of you has ever had the gall to say any of this to my face, not once. Some of you, too cowardly to even stand in line with your wives to buy stuff from my booth...

Anyways, This will be my last post on this forum. Bye.
HAHAHAH good drymounting riddance ya chump. Let's hope you stick to it. Too drymounting funny that a couple of comments gets you to run and hide. :lol:

What a tool; Leaves on a "come up and say it to my face" combined with a wife insult. Pure drymounting class.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:05 pm

BENYOUNG20 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:37 am
RPuzio77 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:31 pm
Ben Young - "And I'm a fan of a small fraction of what he releases" - small fan huh, you own 227 of, to quote Codeblue this duke's artwork. Hate to see how many you would have if you liked his "artwork". Anyway, carry on just another GRUMPY, WHITE GUY, I guess.
That numbers a little high (but I haven't updated my EB in a bit), but yes I collected his Super series and Food Dudes. But since he has 825 releases in the database that puts me at about 1/4 of his out put interests me. Oh well, I'm sure this comment to will be analyzed and picked apart, have at it.

So much math to figure out who the tru fanz are.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:25 pm

so he's not that big of a fan after all. pathetic.
tywebbsposters
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:49 pm

Disclaimer: i like mike's work

But even if i didnt a lot of you sound pretty miserable

Have a great day
mattlew69
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:16 pm

Mike, your 45 design is aces!

That is all.

I love all the artist/fan interaction, but this will be my last post in this thread. Bye.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:04 pm

I am sure you all have your reasons for your feelings toward MM, but in this thread it just comes across as hostile. I liked it when some artists actually contributed to the site, but it appears we ran them off as well.

After a couple times blaming it on “temperamental” artists, it is now abundantly clear that it is the inhabitants of this site. What could someone you don’t know have done to rate this vitriol?

TL;DR; this why we can’t have nice things
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:22 pm

To be fair, those were Mike’s first two posts in about 3 years. While people were always doing their thing here, it’s not them (I guess I should include myself and say us) why artists don’t post here anymore. It’s the same reason a bunch of people left in general. Sad.

Lord Kingshit got married, grew up and moved on and he is the only one who was posting regularly in my time here.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:35 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:04 pm
I am sure you all have your reasons for your feelings toward MM, but in this thread it just comes across as hostile. I liked it when some artists actually contributed to the site, but it appears we ran them off as well.

After a couple times blaming it on “temperamental” artists, it is now abundantly clear that it is the inhabitants of this site. What could someone you don’t know have done to rate this vitriol?

TL;DR; this why we can’t have nice things
eh. i mean, im not defending what people said on here, but mike left this site years ago. and has a discord dedicated to just him and his fans.

consolidating his fanbase to people to who are into the bastard prints and micro releases, mystery releases, and other very small hyper focused releases.

Id personally just like the ability to buy the homer with the skully eyes at a normal price and a not have it be a random inclusion of a bastard print. but the juice isn't worth the squeeze of the price. But that seemingly works for the fanbase he wants to cater to now.

all the artists that were on here are on facebook and some have moved on to discord. this place is a collectors retirement community. not the primo spot to collect info on releases and discussion.

yeah people on here were pretty intense in their dislike of his release, but it seems to be a prime example of the market and fanbase he caters to. who aren't on this site anymore.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
papaver
Tech Team Member

Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:16 pm

i mean its 2021. who the drymount still uses board to communicate...
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:27 pm

sirmitchell wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:01 am
Anyways, This will be my last post on this forum. Bye.
Nobody believes that.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:28 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:23 am
xangelx wrote:
Thread delivers.
Gumpy whites doing all the delivery too! Should change the thread name to "Postmates: missed connections".

There's only one other person I know that gets this worked up over MM. ben your soul mate is out there, two peas in a pod.
GBD?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:31 pm

I personally enjoyed the hypocrisy of being a SJW in his spare time, while at the same time doodling Hitler into a Superman pose on a postcard and charging people 10 bucks for it - then subsequently getting indignant about it when people suggested that's not really cool. And when folks were like, hey maybe it would be a nice thing to at least donate some of that cash to causes that combat anti-Semitism, he pretty much laughed at the audacity to even suggest a thing. This guy is a chode and it's amusing to me that he's still got the wool pulled tightly around some folk's eyes. What do you do when more and more people point out the fact that you might be kind of a prick? Go make a special MM parler where everyone worships at the alter and no ill words can be spoken. I'm embarrassed to say I was ever a fan, but I guess I was young and dumb. Now I'm just old and dumb.