General art-related discussion.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:54 pm

KingMob wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:02 pm
BENYOUNG20 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:33 pm
Something tells me the people whining about his releases aren't the ones buying them. But then again looking at some of their collections maybe they are both buying them and complaining that they don't like them.
Shrug?
You can be critical of an artist's releases and cash-grabbyness without buying their art. You can also buy an artist's art and still be critical of their shitty personality.
People are complaining that they are giclees.....really still? His prints have been this way forever? Is anyone in the Scott C, Reeder, or other 100 hundred artist threads complaining that they get their prints made by Static Medium? Static Medium makes great prints, but still we get replies like:
"$750 each for a bunch of wrecked inkjet prints"
"It's called a collage original mmmk."
"Ripped geeklays are #sostreet"

Which of these exactly is a valid critical response?
Or just some white gumpy dudes complaining online?
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:08 pm

Nobody complained his prints were printed by static medium. He is literally charging $750 for torn up inkjets. That's a great racket to have if you can find the suckers to buy it.

We get it, you are a diehard fanboy who will defend anything and everything the dude says, does, or produces. That doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you, or that his actions aren't above scrutiny. You seem far more grumpy about things compared to anyone else in this thread.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:12 pm

Luls. Who's complaining dat they're giclees? Duke obvs doesn't know how to read.

I was just takin the piss btw. I think it's impressive he can sell those bastards as easily as he does. I think the only pop culture artist in dis hobby better than him at marketing might be Edmiston, but it's pretty close. No #justiceleaguewhining here.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:22 pm

Kramerica wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:08 pm
Nobody complained his prints were printed by static medium. He is literally charging $750 for torn up inkjets. That's a great racket to have if you can find the suckers to buy it.

We get it, you are a diehard fanboy who will defend anything and everything the dude says, does, or produces. That doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you, or that his actions aren't above scrutiny. You seem far more grumpy about things compared to anyone else in this thread.
I'm not saying everyone has to agree with me. And Im a fan of a small fraction of what he releases, I just don't feel the need to go in every thread of something I don't like and spew I don't like it. I could care less if you like it or not, just move on if you don't. Is that too much to ask?

But if I have to see post of you guys complaining every time...so you get to see post of me complaining about you complaining every time. It's a lovely circle of despair.
But hey the sites already rotting away to a slow decaying death so why not push it on through by making it so others dont want to join the cesspool.
Last edited by BENYOUNG20 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:31 pm

Now that's irony.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:35 pm

Didn't someone say he was a discord mod for MM or some fudge? Why would ya be a mod in a channel for someone yer a fan of "a small fraction" of what they release.

P.S. Does dis count as whining?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:44 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:35 pm
Didn't someone say he was a discord mod for MM or some fudge? Why would ya be a mod in a channel for someone yer a fan of "a small fraction" of what they release.

P.S. Does dis count as whining?
not a mod.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:39 pm

what's so wrong with being white and gumpy anyway
RPuzio77
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:31 pm

Ben Young - "And I'm a fan of a small fraction of what he releases" - small fan huh, you own 227 of, to quote Codeblue this duke's artwork. Hate to see how many you would have if you liked his "artwork". Anyway, carry on just another GRUMPY, WHITE GUY, I guess.
cotis
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:05 am

:lol: clown
papaver
Tech Team Member

Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:52 am

it's all a business in the end. if mike can sell torn inkjet prints for $750. good for him. if i could sell torn prints for that much i would as well. nobody is forcing people to buy useless pieces of paper with ink on them for hundreds of dollars. if you don't have a marketing machine creating a sense of value from useless pieces of paper you in the end have useless pieces of paper.

can't say it's any different that the useless 'rare' nft tokens out there.

on top of that $750 has different values for different people. some people wipe their asses with $750. seriously if you bought bitcoin 5 years ago your $750 would be like $75k and you would also give a fudge about throwing money at wrecked prints.

and no, i did not buy a homer print. pretty weak use of ink if you ask me.

don't hate the player. most all commercial art is being pushed my someone, either an artist or a gallery.
sirmitchell
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:01 am

To my fans in this thread, thank you for your support and encouragement all these years, it means the world to me and I appreciate the hell out of you. For real.

To all the haters in this thread. I've honestly never ran into this kind of hostility in my entire life. None of y'all know me, but you must really hate my art, or some comment I made at some point, and that's fine. You just keep sitting on the sidelines anonymously spectating, talking fudge, but the reality is not one of you has ever had the gall to say any of this to my face, not once. Some of you, too cowardly to even stand in line with your wives to buy stuff from my booth...

Anyways, This will be my last post on this forum. Bye.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:30 am

not so amazing
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:43 am

erryone all gumped up in here, welcome to 2021
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:38 am

Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried.