wottagunn
Art Expert

Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:32 am

jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:24 am

jkw3000 wrote:
GiantBoyDective wrote:good thing art is subjective
WHOA WHOA WHOA WTF WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?!
It's a new thing for 2015. Kinda took me by surprise too
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:21 am

rubberneck wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
rubberneck wrote:Don't understand the birds popularity...
Quad self quote! Impressive.
jeter0204
Art Expert

Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:06 am

fantasticninja wrote:It would terribly bum me out if I missed these two guys, I just wish people who bought them actually wanted them instead of trying to make money on others.

EDIT: I wish Mike would make these a limited run, even for a day. When he did it before, for 72 hours the run was still like 150. Usually his birds and even other things are out of 100. The problem is people snatch them up so quickly then re-sell. With a limited it wards off those people, yet 50 more people get a piece they wanted. It's a win win for everyone, a limited run, and available to those who are fans. Just my opinion.
FFS go to Facebook and post that woe is me crap.......I've never understood that logic, "I'm a true fan, I deserve X print more than this person!" How the hell is anyone suppose to know someone is more deserving of a print than the next person
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:26 am

jeter0204 wrote:
fantasticninja wrote:It would terribly bum me out if I missed these two guys, I just wish people who bought them actually wanted them instead of trying to make money on others.

EDIT: I wish Mike would make these a limited run, even for a day. When he did it before, for 72 hours the run was still like 150. Usually his birds and even other things are out of 100. The problem is people snatch them up so quickly then re-sell. With a limited it wards off those people, yet 50 more people get a piece they wanted. It's a win win for everyone, a limited run, and available to those who are fans. Just my opinion.
FFS go to Facebook and post that woe is me crap.......I've never understood that logic, "I'm a true fan, I deserve X print more than this person!" How the hell is anyone suppose to know someone is more deserving of a print than the next person
Then you're not a TRUFAN!

seriously though, that argument about "i'm a true fan." has always annoyed the hell out of me
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
ThePhish1
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:30 am

jeter0204 wrote:

the 72 hour window resulted in a run of 400. not quite sure where you got "like 150" from. + the Stellar's was the first Bird since the Coal-Tit (7 or 8 birds ago) to have a run < 150. personally, i enjoy it when he tosses a low EDT size in there once in a blue moon. Stellar's was his best FB in a long while. if low EDT size means better & more prominent/prestigious fatty's (for whatever reason), then yippee.

EDIT: that said, post -Stellar's on-sale i recall Mike telling us ... the next few birds will have high # EDT sizes. so cheers.
renpen2112
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:33 am

jmagee87 wrote:
jeter0204 wrote:

Then you're not a TRUFAN!

seriously though, that argument about "i'm a true fan." has always annoyed the hell out of me
You could argue that if it was a timed edition "true fans" would get there fix and the flippers would have less chance to abuse the "true fan" market as the people that want it the most would buy it on the drop.
PS-i'm not a true fan !
fitz
Art Expert

Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:36 am

^^ you forget why a lot of people are here :wink:
Particle
Art Expert

Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:38 am

Not a fan of all the birds, but I likey this one. I will try for it. Let it be known.
renpen2112
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:40 am

fitz wrote:^^ you forget why a lot of people are here :wink:
Good point :lol:
Superfro33
Art Expert

Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:41 am

rubberneck wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
rubberneck wrote:Don't understand the birds popularity...
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:06 pm

jeter0204 wrote:

Hahahaha whoa, no need to be a kitten about it. I never even said the words "true fan" so you can just shut the hell up. I think I offended you, you must be a flipper, so...drymount you. :pint: Seriously, if me saying he should do a timed run because asshats buy and sell Mitchell's prints like it's their job then you must get offended very easily. Lol, it really is hilarious that what I said made you so upset. I feel like what I said is somewhat right, and what you're saying was made up bull.
Last edited by 1nkling on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't try to find ways around the swear filter, its there for a reason.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:07 pm

He does a variety of things- some timed, some larger editioned, some smaller. I think his change up is good, it makes the birds a cool collectors series instead of just everyone gets one of everything.
jeter0204
Art Expert

Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:07 pm

fantasticninja wrote:
jeter0204 wrote:

Hahahaha whoa, no need to be a cu-nt about it. I never even said the words "true fan" so you can just shut the hell up. I think I offended you, you must be a flipper, so...drymount you. :pint: Seriously, if me saying he should do a timed run because asshats buy and sell Mitchell's prints like it's their job then you must get offended very easily. Lol, it really is hilarious that what I said made you so upset. I feel like what I said is somewhat right, and what you're saying was made up bull.
Clearly you missed my point. I don't give a fudge about the timed edition aspect of your post. I'm talking about the comment you made about people getting them that actually wanted them. Guess you have never collected anything before. It's limited edition for a reason. Maybe hang around for longer than 2 months and you might learn a thing or two. And for the record, everyone flips, you donkey! get over it.
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
EG8
Art Expert

Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:52 pm

Word to your mother - or Bmerel's mom I guess...
Image Image Image