Mike Mitchell's Thread of Amazing Things

General art-related discussion.
alteridiom
Art Expert

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:47 am

I'll come out of hiding for this one.

I've really liked some of MM's stuff. Not everything but a fair amount. Collected JLU and Fat Birds. A few other things here and there. It kind of all started to fall apart when he became more of an online presence that attacked other artists. For someone that 90% of his art was a riff on somebody else's property he was attacking other artists as if he owned those properties himself. The more he showed his ass the less I cared to support him. He eventually blocked me on Twitter. If I recall he was going after Florey for doing some silhouettes of Marvel characters. He wasn't interested in engaging in conversation. Typical keyboard warrior. Express anger, refuse self-reflection. Doesn't seem like a very considerate or insightful guy. This attitude and his kind of one-trick-pony art resulted in me walking away.
Small town pizza lawyer
IronBott
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:19 pm

so all this fudge come from twitter and politics ?
zb117
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:49 pm

It must be embarrassing to both wannabe an art connoisseur while simultaneously holding the perspective that ripped giclees re-collaged is valueless or not-art.

It's like when you're trying to enjoy a modern art museum but teenagers keep blurting out things like "LOL ITS JUST CIRCLES WTF HAHAHA"

Looks like, more than being shallow morons, it's more about getting assmad over vendettas and dramarama over the artist and/or his fans. Barely less pathetic.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:11 pm

Woosh
A public relations nightmare

SLAPPED WITH FLIPPING
Iracles
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:34 pm

zb117 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:49 pm
It must be embarrassing to both wannabe an art connoisseur while simultaneously holding the perspective that ripped giclees re-collaged is valueless or not-art.

It's like when you're trying to enjoy a modern art museum but teenagers keep blurting out things like "LOL ITS JUST CIRCLES WTF HAHAHA"

Looks like, more than being shallow morons, it's more about getting assmad over vendettas and dramarama over the artist and/or his fans. Barely less pathetic.
This is harsh, but underneath that harshness is another level of harshness. But underneath THAT level, is a kernel of truth.

The artist may be an a-hole (or may he isn't, I don't really care), but the argument that he is ripping off his fans is a little bit much, especially given the hobby that we have chosen.
costaki
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:34 pm

hi guys, what facebook groups are people selling Mike Mitchell prints on? I see Fans of Mike Mitchell, but that's just for hooking up people at cost. are there any others? gotta let go of some fat birds and trying to avoid eBay fees.
advanz33
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:51 pm

costaki wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:34 pm
hi guys, what facebook groups are people selling Mike Mitchell prints on? I see Fans of Mike Mitchell, but that's just for hooking up people at cost. are there any others? gotta let go of some fat birds and trying to avoid eBay fees.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/7166074 ... ?ref=share