Mike Mitchell's Thread of Amazing Things

General art-related discussion.
sirmitchell
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:50 am

darthvenom wrote:i like the pace of fatties being made. gonna have a real sweet collection soon. thx mike
In lieu of a solo show this year, I wanted to try and put out a solo show's worth of work over the year in the form of Fatness. This is on top of whatever else I'm doing, but definitely expect a lot of releases from me this year. I'm also going to try and work on some non print stuff, shirts, maybe some coffee mugs, stickers, and some unexpected stuff. We hired our first full time employee in preparation. I'll probably have to start doing second editions of all my prints if I'm going to be able to pay him a livable wage.
Noah0189
Art Expert

Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:55 am

Doyle'd
acidburn wrote:...Was one of those bootleg Spidermans that looked like a luchador and showed my excuse for a bulge.
cdhague
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:00 am

sirmitchell wrote:
darthvenom wrote:i like the pace of fatties being made. gonna have a real sweet collection soon. thx mike
In lieu of a solo show this year, I wanted to try and put out a solo show's worth of work over the year in the form of Fatness. This is on top of whatever else I'm doing, but definitely expect a lot of releases from me this year. I'm also going to try and work on some non print stuff, shirts, maybe some coffee mugs, stickers, and some unexpected stuff. We hired our first full time employee in preparation. I'll probably have to start doing second editions of all my prints if I'm going to be able to pay him a livable wage.
This is great/terrible news. Time to go get a second job.
sirrichardrichard
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:27 am

I like the increase in availability of all these. I've had awesome PBs for the last two gallery shows, but it's nice to have control over everything. I like the variety too between the timed and limited (and even more limited) releases.

As far as second editions go...I guess one of the benefits of using profiles as an artistic choice in Fat birds and portraits is you can literally make "Flipped" editions.... flipping to thwart the flippers!
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:47 pm

Mike firing shots!

@sirmitchell: How the gosh dang heck is Mr. Brainwash still making crazy money selling prints? Nearly everything he puts out is rubbish.

@sirmitchell: Exit Through the Gift Shop aside, the work is just totally lacking any substance. That Hendrix print is a glorified photo manipulation.

@sirmitchell: Mr. Brainwash's art would be perfectly suited for Michael's, maybe Hobby Lobby. You know, that mass produced soulless garbage.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:58 pm

MJGallicchio wrote:Mike firing shots!

@sirmitchell: How the gosh dang heck is Mr. Brainwash still making crazy money selling prints? Nearly everything he puts out is rubbish.

@sirmitchell: Exit Through the Gift Shop aside, the work is just totally lacking any substance. That Hendrix print is a glorified photo manipulation.

@sirmitchell: Mr. Brainwash's art would be perfectly suited for Michael's, maybe Hobby Lobby. You know, that mass produced soulless garbage.
Funny. Same thing is said about Mikes art except actors and celebrities aren't buying Mikes art like MBWs.

He needs to step down off that pedestal.
Same fudge, different drop.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:59 pm

gonzo303 wrote:

Funny. Same thing is said about Mikes art except actors and celebrities aren't buying Mikes art like MBWs.

that's actually not true, Mike just isn't a fame whore about it.
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:12 pm

Someone's hangry that he has to sell 2nd editions to get by while MBW is laughing at him all the way to the bank
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
mike123230
Art Expert

Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:14 pm

GiantBoyDective wrote:
gonzo303 wrote:

that's actually not true, Mike just isn't a fame whore about it.
Just using that little known voice, Twitter.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:18 pm

people really think the 2nd edition post was real?

TGT
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
coborjobs2010
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:20 pm

Any upcomming portraits, Mike?
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:20 pm

Still going...

@sirmitchell: Apparently some people are unaware that he is in fact still "creating" art. He sold a butt ton of these at $250 a pop http://t.co/dDpTpU10kF

@sirmitchell: Even worse, people are buying them on the secondary market for upwards of $500.

@sirmitchell: hold on while I make a MBW piece, brb....
soam24
Art Freak

Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:25 pm

MJGallicchio wrote:Still going...

@sirmitchell: Apparently some people are unaware that he is in fact still "creating" art. He sold a butt ton of these at $250 a pop http://t.co/dDpTpU10kF

@sirmitchell: Even worse, people are buying them on the secondary market for upwards of $500.

MBW is on hollywood level selling OG's for crazy money.. AND people with crazy bank WANT mbw OG's.

Mitchell is selling birds on repeat.... birds.. hence the same as MBW putting out "his art"

Everyone has to find their niche and run with it..
mike123230
Art Expert

Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:26 pm

soam24 wrote:
MJGallicchio wrote:Still going...

MBW is on hollywood level selling OG's for crazy money.. AND people with crazy bank WANT mbw OG's.

Mitchell is selling birds on repeat.... birds.. hence the same as MBW putting out "his art"

Everyone has to find their niche and run with it..
Or randomly wake up one morning and take pot shots against an artist that's not even on Twitter. Did the time change put you in a cranky mood, Mike? Just don't get the unnecessary negativity.
MagiaOrganica
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:31 pm

MBW is an unoriginal jerk-off hack. You're right he is on Hollywood level. That isn't art.