General art-related discussion.
FAMPart
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:40 am

La Haine by Godmachine on sale today at 1pm EST
Sithlord32
Art Expert

Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:39 am

Well this packaging is very poor. The tube is far to large and flimsy. You can tell this wasn't going to hold up after trying to place the ends back on the tube plus the poster is rolled tighter than half the diameter of the tube with no padding to speak of. Haven't contacted GODMACHINE as of yet to see if i can be refunded but the print is only a run of 25 so a replacement is very unlikely. Pretty disappointed in this packaging. I hope he holds some scruples and i can be reimbursed for this. There's just too much damage to this for the cost to weather keeping it. Really liked this one too.

Here's a shot of the print for prosperity sake. Its the only part that doesn't have some kind of damage to it.

You can eat from a golden spoon but the cornflakes will taste the same

THC x 5
bootstrut
Art Expert

Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:54 am

Isn't that one a giclee? Shouldn't be too hard for him to get you a replacement.
Sithlord32
Art Expert

Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:39 pm

bootstrut wrote:Isn't that one a giclee? Shouldn't be too hard for him to get you a replacement.
Yes it is a glicee but he doesnt do single prints outside the run to my knowledge just issues refunds. I think id rather go that route anyways im impressed by the print at any length. I think its just the damage taking away my enthusiasm.
Last edited by Sithlord32 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THC x 5
godmachine
Art Enthusiast

Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:49 pm

Hello there, shame you thought it better to post here before contacting me as i always make sure the customer is happy and always fix problems as best i can including refunds and replacemets as everyone will tell you. No need to second guess my 'scruples' . I know it can feel personal sometimes but fudge happens. All other packaging has been successful so far. I hear padding would only help item get crushed even more. Either way you will be fully refunded and i am sorry yours was crushed. It wasnt malicious and sometimes no amount of packing can save the world.
Sithlord32
Art Expert

Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:50 pm

godmachine wrote:Hello there, shame you thought it better to post here before contacting me as i always make sure the customer is happy and always fix problems as best i can including refunds and replacemets as everyone will tell you. No need to second guess my 'scruples' . I know it can feel personal sometimes but fudge happens. All other packaging has been successful so far. I hear padding would only help item get crushed even more. Either way you will be fully refunded and i am sorry yours was crushed. It wasnt malicious and sometimes no amount of packing can save the world.
I sent you an email at the same time i posted here.Well within the time it took me to type it out and send it. I posted here first cause i was already posting up in here on some other threads. I do appreciate the fast response and the refund from Alex. One never knows how things are going to be handled and my viewpoint was just optimistic. I wasnt condemning you or your service and it wont stop me from buying prints from you in the future. I was just bummed about the damage and thought the tube was rather odd so i thought id share here and see if anyone else has received these large sized tubes from anyone. Id highly recommend thinner profiles these are not too sturdy and will most likely cause you more problems.

Thanks again for handling your business thoroughly and with the scruples i did assume you had. Sorry if i offended you in any way.

THC x 5
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:17 pm

Eraserhead

Under The Skin

Addams Family

I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:19 pm

That Addams Family is drymountin nice!!
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:47 pm

The bat at the top is so rad. And the tentacles are a nice touch!
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:08 pm

Mars Attacks

I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
Hellraiser
Art Expert

Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:10 pm

PLUSH
Art Expert

Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:59 pm

I like that!
toobs
Art Expert

Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:13 pm

PLUSH wrote:I like that!
u sir are straight
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
Hellraiser
Art Expert

Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:05 am

Still a few of the new Godmachine left guys:

http://www.silverbowgallery.com/collect ... godmachine
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:51 pm

Tonight i get to release a person piece. 8pm GMT from the store. A limited edition of only 50.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041