What are chlorophyll prints?

General art-related discussion.
apruski03
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:53 am

Hello, sorry if this has been discussed, but I haven't seen it explained anywhere.

I'm looking at some prints and one of them has a chlorophyll version. What exactly does that mean? It's hard to see a difference when only looking at pictures.

Do you guys think they look better? Are they preferred? Thanks in advance!
shoeless
Art Expert

Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:56 am

had to be done.

and I have no idea.
Hopefully someone more helpful than I comes along.
fnord wrote:If you like something, for the love of dog don't share it with EB.
mrkyuss
Art God

Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:57 am

more like borophyll.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
mrkyuss
Art God

Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:59 am

Not only am I awful at pressing F5, I can't even use Google images at speed.
Last edited by mrkyuss on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
apruski03
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:01 am

Haha, nicely done guys.

I was disappointed there wasn't an answer, but then very happy remembering when Adam Sandler used to be funny!
dasher12
Art Expert

Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:05 am

wondered this myself. The Spusta tree adn we says cholophyll edition which I assumed was the color but it looks the same as the reg on the jpeg. Thinking about buying it but don't see the difference from the pics.
apruski03
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:07 am

dasher12 wrote:wondered this myself. The Spusta tree adn we says cholophyll edition which I assumed was the color but it looks the same as the reg on the jpeg. Thinking about buying it but don't see the difference from the pics.
I'm thinking it might be a kind of glossy, refractor type finish? Really just a guess though

and that's actually the print i was talking about!

the original looks so good, that I don't want to get a more "novelty" type variant if it sacrifices some of the amazing coloring.
guerilladubber
Art Expert

Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:31 am

Chlorophyll (also chlorophyl) is a green pigment found in cyanobacteria and the chloroplasts of algae and plants. Its name is derived from the Greek words χλωρος, chloros ("green") and φύλλον, phyllon ("leaf").
I figured you'd want the Greek left in there for study :lol:
Its a plant based paper (instead of tree?)- and, okay just go with me on this.. I believe the paper is clear and translucent, because there were those chlorophyll rolling papers (that sucked) a few years ago- that looked like that:) :ziggi:
Might be totally wrong of course!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
misterx
Art Expert

Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:17 am

Chlorophyll is definitely the green stuf found inside all plants...

Was there perhaps a green in the print?
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
apruski03
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:23 am

misterx wrote:Chlorophyll is definitely the green stuf found inside all plants...

I think there was a green print, chlorophyll print, and regular print.

It definitely doesn't look green from pictures
DickButt
Art Expert

Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:50 am

The only reason I clicked on this thread was for the Billy Madison reference and I was not disappointed
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:33 am

apruski03 wrote:
misterx wrote:Chlorophyll is definitely the green stuf found inside all plants...

I think there was a green print, chlorophyll print, and regular print.

It definitely doesn't look green from pictures
Screen shot 2012-08-17 at 5.33.04 AM.png
I would assume its a reference to the paper color.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
Gmallard42
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:38 am

From Marq himself: "but we still have a few Chlorophyll. This paper is wild, and changes color and brightness in the light. It's officially called GNUMB REACTION Strong Chlorophyll Yellow. It's hard to capture the paper's qualities in the photo, but this may bey favorite color for this print."

So it's just a name for the badass paper Marq has picked to get some of his new images printed on over at Monolith Press. Marq does a great job picking out rediciulous paper for his variants. I guarantee you you will not be disappointed and that there is a big difference from the reg, just can't really see through the jpegs. There was also a yellow green variant (which I got, along with reg) that is badass too, sold out though.
Can't this wait till I'm old? Can't I live while I'm young?
Jon1701
Art Expert

Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:20 am

and numerous algae and bacteria. Its a pigment that helps with capturing different spectra for light absorption, there are several different pigments present to catch the spectrum but chlorophyll is the most well know. Yeah - its likely referring to the 'colour' as mentioned in that last post.

“Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. Boom, a sad desk. Boom, sad wall. It’s art. Anything is anything.”