Chuck Sperry News

General art-related discussion.
1000steps
Art Expert

Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:48 pm

fallstaff wrote:Kalligeneia — step off Agape, a new gal's in town. :wink:
IMG_2476.JPG
Yeah, I like that one a lot. Good taste.
Welcome to the sleaze pit
Celsius
Flipper

Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:09 pm

Now that a bunch of new panels just came out. Going to need to see updated pics of Sperry panels on your walls. I'll try to have mine re-arranged and up by the weekend.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
fallstaff
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:16 pm

1000steps wrote:
IMG_2476.JPG
Yeah, I like that one a lot. Good taste.
:clap:
fallstaff
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:18 pm

nobokov wrote:
IMG_2476.JPG
You were right. Damn, that's a beaut! Congrats man :drool:
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:34 pm

hakson wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:yes really. people camped for 3 days for the panels they knew they were getting.

You think that there would be less people there if they DIDN'T know what they were getting.

If the elements are still 'limited sperry wood panels' which flip for well over those $750 entry fee will still flip even if you go '''oooooohhh its a myyysssterrryyy'
Which is why you disclose nothing about what product being offered besides the term, "new image" for sale. The method isn't going to eliminate local flippers but it will deter many out of state flippers. If so happens Sperry only produces paper editions for that event then they're effed up. At least this method will actually deter flippers instead of just first come, first serve.
This is the silliest idea I've heard in this hobby.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
davethewave
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:42 pm

IMG_2476.JPG
AKA Gaia? :clap:
davethewave
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:43 pm

hakson wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:yes really. people camped for 3 days for the panels they knew they were getting.

You think that there would be less people there if they DIDN'T know what they were getting.

If the elements are still 'limited sperry wood panels' which flip for well over those $750 entry fee will still flip even if you go '''oooooohhh its a myyysssterrryyy'
Which is why you disclose nothing about what product being offered besides the term, "new image" for sale. The method isn't going to eliminate local flippers but it will deter many out of state flippers. If so happens Sperry only produces paper editions for that event then they're effed up. At least this method will actually deter flippers instead of just first come, first serve.
The World's Within blotter show is sorta proof of concept IMO. Mix that format up with others to get a good distribution... I imagine the folks making the decisions on show format might have already considered some of these things at length and perhaps we're missing logistical context. Like Ken said, I believe the intention was there to (reasonably) accommodate the crowd that day.
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:04 am

IMG_2476.JPG
That's a great pick up, man! Well done.
TNspreadhead
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:24 am

omyweenis wrote:Just let the Blacks and Mexicans go in first. Whites and Asians last. That will fix the problem. :lol: Just Kidding. Might have a better chance then.
oof
maddog76
Flipper

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:30 am

DoubleDown wrote:I really wish spoke art would at least offer the option of buying an inflated price panel at the show instead of saying “sold out” after 15 and then keeping 15 to sell slowly at escalating prices over time. Like sell 15 at 700 and then 5 at 1000 etc etc. at the show opening. Keeping 50% of the run as archival seems to create some of these problems. I get that they are trying to maximize profit for their gallery and artist but at least offer the option on day one, since it’s obviously the business model. Kinda like Malleus sells their prints.
Chuck keeps the other 15 to sell later.
fallstaff
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:55 am

bubbie wrote:
IMG_2476.JPG
That's a great pick up, man! Well done.
recycler
Art Expert

Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:24 am

35mmpaul wrote:The only thing that discourages flippers is giant huge editions. Or something unumberd to be printed in infinite.

Until sperry can do open edition panels, and prints, people will line up, or hire other people to line up for his work.

its just part of the game.

only other thing is crazy high prices to leave no meat on the bone for a flip.
This. Everything about it!

However, I do not want to see open editions or reprints. Timed or very large editions are cool though. Why is Squirt against it?
MerchlineMasta
New User

Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:54 am

Agape is fire.. the new semele?
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:22 am

stop rage buying if you miss out and wait for the next one. you might realize you don't need it and flippers will not want to have all their money tied up all the time and prices will come down.
butter80
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:04 am

stuckeyc wrote:stop rage buying if you miss out and wait for the next one. you might realize you don't need it and flippers will not want to have all their money tied up all the time and prices will come down.
This.
Karma is coming Monkey boy! watch yourself...