Chuck Sperry News

General art-related discussion.
liptonsweettea
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:31 pm

boraaa wrote:
liptonsweettea wrote:
boraaa wrote:i'll probably see you guys there. wonder if i should get there earlier than 9, since doors open at 11

hopefully thinkspace and chg have something nice as well
What day r u going?
i'm leaning towards friday/saturday. friday most likely though
Friday should not be too bad. Im going on Saturday. Hopefully not too many people. Fingers cross
bmerel
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:18 pm

Anyone know what time people line up for this show? Years past advice? PM response would be cool if you don't want to share. Trying to get my pb some info!!
liptonsweettea
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:28 pm

bmerel wrote:Anyone know what time people line up for this show? Years past advice? PM response would be cool if you don't want to share. Trying to get my pb some info!!
that is depend on what day your PB is going.
swabie2424
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:33 pm

boraaa wrote: wonder if i should get there earlier than 9, since doors open at 11
God I hope people aren't going all batcrap crazy and lining up hours on end early for this. To be honest, it's 100% not that type of event, and you'll be getting some odd looks if you roll in at 7 a.m. with five poster tubes strapped to your back. I'm not even sure if the event will permit any type of line nonsense (never had a reason to be there there when the doors opened). This will be my third year attending in a row, and I must say that it's a very high end fair and not a print/poster show in the slightest. Don't just go for a Sperry print... plan on spending an entire day roaming the aisles to see some of the coolest contemporary art in the world from all over the world. They also have some cool talks/lectures/symposiums. If you have deep pockets... fill them!

I'm going on Thursday. If anyone else is planning on being there Thursday, please say hi if you see me wandering. I'll be the guy wishing I was rich! :P

Hey Ken.. see you there buddy! 8)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
aibohphobia
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:34 pm

I'm glad this was said. Don't scrub up the joint.
Image _ Image
fredo
Art God

Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:37 pm

swabie2424 wrote:
boraaa wrote: wonder if i should get there earlier than 9, since doors open at 11
God I hope people aren't going all batcrap crazy and lining up hours on end early for this. To be honest, it's 100% not that type of event, and you'll be getting some odd looks if you roll in at 7 a.m. with five poster tubes strapped to your back. I'm not even sure if the event will permit any type of line nonsense (never had a reason to be there there when the doors opened). This will be my third year attending in a row, and I must say that it's a very high end fair and not a print/poster show in the slightest. Don't just go for a Sperry print... plan on spending an entire day roaming the aisles to see some of the coolest contemporary art in the world from all over the world. They also have some cool talks/lectures/symposiums. If you have deep pockets... fill them!
Yah, but...what if you have a POSTERBUDDY!?!?!??!
just a foil for me today, thanks
pj101ca
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:38 pm

My homeless crew will be lining up at 5:00am
mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.
cchang
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:41 pm

Ha. Perry fans muckin' up da joint!
swabie2424
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:42 pm

This event always falls on my birthday. Last year I turned 40 and my wife and I went to the art show all day, then to the Palm for a steak and then to the Eagles concert for the Forum re-opening. The sad thing is I was the youngest person in attendance at all three places.
tenaciousjack
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:44 pm

so… um… anybody able to PB a reg? :notworthy:
cchang
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:44 pm

swabie2424 wrote:This event always falls on my birthday. Last year I turned 40 and my wife and I went to the art show all day, then to the Palm for a steak and then to the Eagles concert for the Forum re-opening. The sad thing is I was the youngest person in attendance at all three places. Boy, am I a sad human.
Nah, that's a good way to spend your 40th.
liptonsweettea
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:48 pm

swabie2424 wrote:This event always falls on my birthday. Last year I turned 40 and my wife and I went to the art show all day, then to the Palm for a steak and then to the Eagles concert for the Forum re-opening. The sad thing is I was the youngest person in attendance at all three places.
always like Palm, went there when i went to the lakers games (back then when they were good). :lol:
dasher12
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:51 pm

I really enjoyed it last year. They had some awesome Hirst and Mr. Brainwash originals but as said by swabie seeing some work by the old masters in person available at the price of a house here in socal was the real treat. Ken and the crew had an awesome booth but there was so much to see. If you just go for the Sperry you'll miss out on some awesome stuff. Trying to go on Sunday this year again if anybody else is. They serve alcohol too which rocks.
swabie2424
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:04 pm

The booze is great. I always go to the Yardhouse or some such place in LA Live for lunch. Makes for a fun day. So much to see, it's really not meant to be done in a single day. They have a jewelry exhibit as part of the show that is nuts. Armed guards watching you as you browse tens of millions of dollars in diamonds. I always leave feeling like a poor.
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:19 pm

Always envious of a fun time involving cool stuff to see and a sweet print to pick up. Enjoy either way gentlemen. :pint:
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.