Chuck Sperry News

General art-related discussion.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:14 am

hakson wrote:Want to discourage flippers? That's easy. DON'T disclose anything about the show until hours (not days) before opening if it's first come, first serve. This makes the show exclusive to locals and surrounding areas, and this will deter flippers since the ROI will be unknown. This also won't annoy the surrounding neighbors with people lining up outside residentials and stores. Locals and hardcore fans will still attend the show regardless and buy stuff, but this gives them literally no time to game the system, so there's really no point disclosing anything besides saying, "new image" for sale. So unless you're concern with selling out on the first day this is the best policy for first come, first serve.

Keep flippers in the dark and the chances of these selling to local collectors would dramatically increase. Curious if majority of Agape even went to locals, which should have to begin with, but I'm almost certain that majority of them went to out of state people based on fb and ebay.

That is some seriously entitled fudge there.

Art collection limited by region isn't a concept I expect to catch on real soon thankfully.
I'm not someone else.
Jamilton
Art Expert

Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:00 am

GoBluePanic wrote:
hakson wrote:Want to discourage flippers? That's easy. DON'T disclose anything about the show until hours (not days) before opening if it's first come, first serve. This makes the show exclusive to locals and surrounding areas, and this will deter flippers since the ROI will be unknown. This also won't annoy the surrounding neighbors with people lining up outside residentials and stores. Locals and hardcore fans will still attend the show regardless and buy stuff, but this gives them literally no time to game the system, so there's really no point disclosing anything besides saying, "new image" for sale. So unless you're concern with selling out on the first day this is the best policy for first come, first serve.

Keep flippers in the dark and the chances of these selling to local collectors would dramatically increase. Curious if majority of Agape even went to locals, which should have to begin with, but I'm almost certain that majority of them went to out of state people based on fb and ebay.

Art collection limited by region isn't a concept I expect to catch on real soon thankfully.
lol. As a native Austinite I should have first dibs on all Mondo releases. It's only fair.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:03 am

But can I pay you a premium to sit on line for the next show. i dont even know what it is and i hear they are leaning toward mystery shows. but incase i really want it and you are local could you go and get it for me whatever it is.

and if it is a fake out show where its just lame stuff...well then that's your fault for camping.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:09 am

Regardless of where y’all stand, all this line-drama is so cringy. People need to grow dafuq up and move on. It’s crazy that some of these people having drymounting kids...oof. Like stuckeyc said, don’t pay people who buy to flip and move on. Same fudge happened with the Edmiston/House Part show. Either show up or shut up.
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:17 am

Ya'll realize you're talking to heathunter, right?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:20 am

Codeblue wrote:Ya'll realize you're talking to heathunter, right?
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
fallstaff
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:12 pm

RiotAct wrote: Hahaha. And when someone hesitated at that question, did Ken shout “DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?!?!?” ?
Wow, a little slow on the uptake. I Just got that Jules reference! :D That would have been hilarious.
RiotAct
EB Team

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:44 pm

Jamilton wrote:
GoBluePanic wrote:

lol. As a native Austinite I should have first dibs on all Mondo releases. It's only fair.
You can have ‘em — we don’t want ‘em
hakson
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:52 pm

35mmpaul wrote:But can I pay you a premium to sit on line for the next show. i dont even know what it is and i hear they are leaning toward mystery shows. but incase i really want it and you are local could you go and get it for me whatever it is.

and if it is a fake out show where its just lame stuff...well then that's your fault for camping.
you can still pay campers, but you wouldn’t be able to game the system. fyi, no ones going to camp for you without upfront payment for fcfs btw lol. see how you just played yourself if they end up having fudge? lol.
Dumb people makes life interesting
hakson
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:56 pm

GoBluePanic wrote:That is some seriously entitled fudge there.

No one ever said it’s limited to a region. It’s limiting people from gaming the fcfs system. I don’t think you even read the op lol.
Dumb people makes life interesting
cotis
Art Expert

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:03 pm

35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:13 pm

hakson wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:But can I pay you a premium to sit on line for the next show. i dont even know what it is and i hear they are leaning toward mystery shows. but incase i really want it and you are local could you go and get it for me whatever it is.

you can still pay campers, but you wouldn’t be able to game the system. fyi, no ones going to camp for you without upfront payment for fcfs btw lol. see how you just played yourself if they end up having fudge? lol.
I don't know why you keep thinking that if spoke had a show and was like 'Hey we are doing a sperry show, and wont reveal anything until we open doors' how in any way that LESS people will show up.

The 'what if there is something i really want there' factor will make more people camp sooner.

You realize the thing that you are banking on is that a gallery and an artist to put out sub par work that doesn't flip, in order to fool fans who camped, so that they don't get purchased by someone sent there to do it.

This is a supply and demand problem. Not a 'well maybe if keep a secret as to what the supply is maybe the demand will be less' .

you're being thick at this point if you think thats a good plan. so either you are trolling. or have no idea how these fanbases work. or both.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:14 pm

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:20 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
hakson wrote:

I don't know why you keep thinking that if spoke had a show and was like 'Hey we are doing a sperry show, and wont reveal anything until we open doors' how in any way that LESS people will show up.

The 'what if there is something i really want there' factor will make more people camp sooner.

You realize the thing that you are banking on is that a gallery and an artist to put out sub par work that doesn't flip, in order to fool fans who camped, so that they don't get purchased by someone sent there to do it.

This is a supply and demand problem. Not a 'well maybe if keep a secret as to what the supply is maybe the demand will be less' .

you're being thick at this point if you think thats a good plan. so either you are trolling. or have no idea how these fanbases work. or both.
The issue isn't having less people show up, it's having less teams of mules showing up or camping. Which admittedly making it a mystery would be a factor. Knowledge of a definite, flippable asset versus merely the potential of one factors into whether or not somebody's going to put out an ad for multiple people to do a multi-day camp out for hundreds of bucks each.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
liptonsweettea
Art Expert

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:22 pm

Codeblue wrote:
this