Chuck Sperry News

General art-related discussion.
fallstaff
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:02 am

Codeblue wrote:Luls. Please tell me dat fudge is on tape. Faces blurred is fine of course.
What, the question answer sessions. Haha no i don't think it was recorded. Big missed opportunity though! That would have been hella funny.
Jpup
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:54 am

Codeblue wrote:Luls. Please tell me dat fudge is on tape. Faces blurred is fine of course.
The cell phone study for 10 mins was not enough for some... many missed the Agape as well as variants of the Rhyme and Reason bc they didn't answer correct...

As to why I would know when the Agape sold out: got an archive print for a friend in the 30s so I was hanging out... Chuck was also there hanging out front of with a bunch of blotter artist buddies from the night before art show...
Jpup
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:55 am

The cell phone study for 10 mins was not enough for some... many missed the Agape as well as variants of the Rhyme and Reason bc they didn't answer correct...

As to why I would know when the Agape sold out: got an archive print for a friend in the 30s so I was hanging out... Chuck was also there hanging out front of with a bunch of blotter artist buddies from the night before art show...
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:14 am

wow. i was casually checking in and out of that drama on saturday but didn't realize he actually went through with the 'test' thing. wow.

couple of silly questions.

this crew was so boisterous that they shared their plan to recruit people that EVERYone knew?

where is this craigslist add?

wonder if other galleries will start doing pop quizes. Would love to see a mondo trufanz pop quiz.

Seems silly way to handle it. If people have put in the time who cares what they do with their stuff after?
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:34 am

fallstaff wrote:Well a line lottery was probably preferable to the first come first serve, though people argue back and forth on that one.
So this crew that paid multiple people to come down and camp out on the street for days, couldn't POSSIBLY figure out even more people to come down for a lotto drawing to better their odds for spots.
fallstaff wrote:Long story short, Ken circumvented some of the nonsense and got more Agape panels to others, hopefully collectors. At number 29 an ecstatic gal scored the last panel (of the 15 allotted).
yes because sperry fans would NEVER flip or waffle their prints later down the line. good thing this quiz got the panels into the hands of people who properly know how to flip to sperry's market.
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:40 am

35mmpaul wrote:Would love to see a mondo trufanz pop quiz.
Please

1) The average Mondo Fan exercises
a) 1-2 times a week
b) 2-3 times a week
c) 3-4 times a week
d) never

2) The choice beverage for Mondo Fans is
a) Mountain Dew
b) Mountain Dew Code Red
c) Surge
d) all of the above
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:46 am

ccsmd598 wrote: 2) The choice beverage for Mondo Fans is
a) Mountain Dew
b) Mountain Dew Code Red
c) Surge
d) all of the above
So it goes...
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:53 am

ccsmd598 wrote:
a) Mountain Dew
b) Mountain Dew Code Red
c) Surge
d) all of the above
Believe this is what is commonly referred to as a suicide
davethewave
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:25 am

Codeblue wrote:Luls. It was an "actual art event". It's a fuggin art show just like any other and runs through the 28th. It just so happened to be the opening and they were selling a buncha popular flippable fudge so tons of EBers camped out. No different than a Mondo show anymore really.
Also, there was a show opening at Hashimoto next door to Spoke if ya wanted to get more "actual art event" in.
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:33 am

fallstaff wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Luls. It was an "actual art event". It's a fuggin art show just like any other and runs through the 28th. It just so happened to be the opening and they were selling a buncha popular flippable fudge so tons of EBers camped out. No different than a Mondo show anymore really.
Ken who runs SpokeArt was alerted to this, and he responded by obligating all people at the top of list to enter the gallery one at a time and answer a simple question related to Sperry. If you got it wrong, no Agape panel for you! One such question was: What does Chuck Sperry look like? In that case the dude didn't know, even though Chuck stood right in front of him :)

Long story short, Ken circumvented some of the nonsense and got more Agape panels to others, hopefully collectors. At number 29 an ecstatic gal scored the last panel (of the 15 allotted).
Hahaha. And when someone hesitated at that question, did Ken shout “DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?!?!?” ?
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
jkw3000
EB Team

Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:34 am

ccsmd598 wrote: 2) The choice beverage for Mondo Fans is
a) Mountain Dew
b) Mountain Dew Code Red
c) Surge
d) all of the above
The correct answer is always FourLoko.
fallstaff wrote: Ken who runs SpokeArt was alerted to this, and he responded by obligating all people at the top of list to enter the gallery one at a time and answer a simple question related to Sperry. If you got it wrong, no Agape panel for you! One such question was: What does Chuck Sperry look like? In that case the dude didn't know, even though Chuck stood right in front of him :)
I'm fine with people who put in the time buying what they want and doing what they want with their purchase...but that's brilliant and I'm buying you a beer for that, Ken. Good god why didn't they set up a camera...
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
1000steps
Art Expert

Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:10 am

I could send all these ambitious Sperry panel flippers a raft of ebay messages haranguing them for being greedy, opportunistic rat drymounts who couldn't care less about the art, much like the stupid ebay messages I receive from the ebay 'playahs' whenever I try to sell something for a smidge higher than price@drop

naaah, instead I'll act like a drymounting grownup and deal with it
Welcome to the sleaze pit
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:18 am

huh?
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:21 am

35mmpaul wrote:huh?
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
soam24
Art Freak

Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:26 am

1000steps wrote:I could send all these ambitious Sperry panel flippers a raft of ebay messages haranguing them for being greedy, opportunistic rat drymounts who couldn't care less about the art, much like the stupid ebay messages I receive from the ebay 'playahs' whenever I try to sell something for a smidge higher than price@drop

naaah, instead I'll act like a drymounting grownup and deal with it
35mmpaul wrote:huh?
He is saying he flips for big macs at times and people get mad for him crashing the market.
ccsmd598 wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:Would love to see a mondo trufanz pop quiz.
Please

1) The average Mondo Fan exercises
a) 1-2 times a week
b) 2-3 times a week
c) 3-4 times a week
d) never

a) Mountain Dew
b) Mountain Dew Code Red
c) Surge
d) all of the above

This is friggen hilarious