MJGallicchio wrote:Image

Semele, 2016
20 x 30.75
Edition of 30
7 colors on oak panel
Signed and Numbered

Out of Print: Pushing the Boundaries in the Art of Print

March 19 - May 29, 2016
I need this. Why does it have to be in Indiana?

More like, finally, a Sperry wood drop I can make it to from Michigan!
:lol:
:lol: That's just what I was thinking. May be an early morning ride to Ft Wayne.
I'm not someone else.
beerotan
Art Enthusiast

Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:34 pm

GoBluePanic wrote:
:lol: That's just what I was thinking. May be an early morning ride to Ft Wayne.
You in A2 as well? I'm crossing my fingers that I even get a chance, when I called around 11 I was told they already received ~150 calls. Here's hoping the emails/voicemails I left earlier in the day give me a shot...
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:10 pm

Thanks to everyone who contacted the Fort Wayne Museum of Art to acquire my “Semele” piece! There was overwhelming response. This piece is no longer available.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:11 pm

I sent an email at 6:30 am and still haven't heard back. I'm guessing even that was too late?
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:13 pm

from that response, i might guess they are just cutting off the inquiries. cant say theyve reached out. chuck just now posted that on his blog.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
partpat
Art Freak

Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:15 pm

spring lady is the best that is not of the original 4 panic ladies
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:27 pm

beerotan wrote:
GoBluePanic wrote:

You in A2 as well?
I'm crossing my fingers that I even get a chance, when I called around 11 I was told they already received ~150 calls. Here's hoping the emails/voicemails I left earlier in the day give me a shot...
Yes, in the general vicinity.

:cheers:
I'm not someone else.
dodgers77
Art Expert

Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:35 pm

From Chuck Sperry website :

" Thanks to everyone who contacted the Fort Wayne Museum of Art to acquire my “Semele” piece! There was overwhelming response. This piece is no longer available. "

:hanging:
mnachmia3113
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:02 pm

partpat wrote:spring lady is the best that is not of the original 4 panic ladies
WSP only? I think Black Keys Philly would top this.
jwolfe3
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:34 pm

I am not one to publish +1s following drops, but I am pretty excited about this one! - and about to do it now.

About 30 minutes after receiving the email from Chuck late last night I filled out the contact form to the Fort Wayne Museum of Art. I stated that I am a big fan and collector of Chuck's art, and was interested in purchasing the oak panel - this was around 1:45 AM eastern time. I guess being a west coast hockey fan on the east coast coupled with a dire need to finish some laundry paid off. I saw Chuck's email announcement at the conclusion of the Sharks / Bruins game.
I attended the show and have the gig poster from where this art is derived. It was the final show of the fall tour in 2013. Todd Slater did the space turtles print for that tour as well - those 2 prints are some of my favorite gig poster art. Anyway, the museum called me today a little after 4pm eastern saying that I was the first person to contact them and that the panel was available for $700. I couldn't say no and will now have to figure something out to appease my wife. They said the panel will ship at the end of May following the conclusion of the exhibit.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:45 pm

jwolfe3 wrote:I am not one to publish +1s following drops, but I am pretty excited about this one! - and about to do it now.

About 30 minutes after receiving the email from Chuck late last night I filled out the contact form to the Fort Wayne Museum of Art. I stated that I am a big fan and collector of Chuck's art, and was interested in purchasing the oak panel - this was around 1:45 AM eastern time. I guess being a west coast hockey fan on the east coast coupled with a dire need to finish some laundry paid off. I saw Chuck's email announcement at the conclusion of the Sharks / Bruins game.
I attended the show and have the gig poster from where this art is derived. It was the final show of the fall tour in 2013. Todd Slater did the space turtles print for that tour as well - those 2 prints are some of my favorite gig poster art. Anyway, the museum called me today a little after 4pm eastern saying that I was the first person to contact them and that the panel was available for $700. I couldn't say no and will now have to figure something out to appease my wife. They said the panel will ship at the end of May following the conclusion of the exhibit.
Hmmm, I sent one about the same time, and I haven't heard crap :thumbdown: . Congrats to you though. :clap:
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:37 pm

Wasn't there only one for sale?
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:38 pm

dasponyboy wrote:Wasn't there only one for sale?
Yep
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:44 pm

i think most, including myself, read it as the edition was being made available at the gallery.

1xRun Referral
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:45 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:i think most, including myself, read it as the edition was being made available at the gallery.
Most people did. That is how it was worded but that wasn't the case.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.