Stolen Art - Art Thefts - Art Heists

General art-related discussion.
Moriarty
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 13, 2014 1:31 am

This was a cool scene .... You guys see Danny Boyle's "Trance?"

EDIT: If you haven't seen that The Thomas Crown Affair version this clip is a major SPOILER ALERT.
Sithlord32
Art Expert

Tue May 13, 2014 2:25 am

misterwhisper wrote:She keeps her Monet in her BATHROOM??? What's she got in the living room?
My question is why would you keep anything of value in a bathroom....no brainier.
You can eat from a golden spoon but the cornflakes will taste the same

THC x 5
GmidD
Art Expert

Tue May 13, 2014 4:02 pm

Moriarty wrote:

This was a cool scene .... You guys see Danny Boyle's "Trance?"

EDIT: If you haven't seen that The Thomas Crown Affair version this clip is a major SPOILER ALERT.
LOVE the Thomas Crown Affair! Someone needs to make a movie poster for that, original or remake.
cadeallaw
Art Expert

Tue May 13, 2014 4:18 pm

Might not technically be considered an "art heist" per se, but one time I sold a kid a print and upon receipt, he made allegations that the print was damaged in an attempt to get my to refund some of his money... Luckily I had pictures prior to sending.
pewter14
EB Team

Tue May 13, 2014 4:21 pm

GmidD wrote: LOVE the Thomas Crown Affair! Someone needs to make a movie poster for that, original or remake.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
GmidD
Art Expert

Tue May 13, 2014 5:27 pm

pewter14 wrote:
GmidD wrote: LOVE the Thomas Crown Affair! Someone needs to make a movie poster for that, original or remake.
You know something I don't? I need a Thomas Crown poster!
Sithlord32
Art Expert

Wed May 14, 2014 7:42 am

Another fav of mine in the sense of this series that has got no attention and would love a print of.

THC x 5
GmidD
Art Expert

Wed May 14, 2014 12:06 pm

I need to rewatch Hudson Hawk. Haven't seen it in years, but remember really liking it.
jesseindisguise
Art Expert

Wed May 14, 2014 1:18 pm

Sithlord32 wrote:
misterwhisper wrote:She keeps her Monet in her BATHROOM??? What's she got in the living room?
My question is why would you keep anything of value in a bathroom....no brainier.
I've been in a few places with so much amazing art that you'd find ludicrous OGs in the most banal spots. Some people just roll deep.
Blake wrote:Always Be Tubing.
Sithlord32
Art Expert

Wed May 14, 2014 6:32 pm

jesseindisguise wrote:
Sithlord32 wrote:
I've been in a few places with so much amazing art that you'd find ludicrous OGs in the most banal spots. Some people just roll deep.
Deep as Forest, Forest Gump. Its not even about the money its about the art. A Monet is a rare piece of history so youd risk ruining it for the world just cause you have the money to piss on it it. Dumb. I mean unless they take whatever precautions that kind of money can buy to keep all the mildew and moisture and other foulness away from it I guess I could see that but even then still why risk ruining it. My $.02

THC x 5
ricv64
Art Expert

Thu May 15, 2014 9:19 am

Sithlord32 wrote:
Wallace kept this in what was his bathroom

shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Fri May 16, 2014 11:46 am

I was reminded of these since the recent passing of H.R. Giger. Old news, but they are still missing.
A reward of $10,000 is being offered for information leading to the recovery of these two world famous paintings, ELP I and ELP II, two H.R. Giger in 1973, for the record cover of‚ “Brain Salad Surgery”, by Emerson Lake & Palmer, the progressive British rock band. The paintings were last seen at the artist's 2005 retrospective at the National Technical Museum of Prague in the Czech Republic. Each painting measures 34 x 34 cm (without a frame) "H.R. Giger in Prague" ("Mimi Dobro"), ran from April 14 through August 31. When the show closed the two paintings were still safely in their place. After the show was taken down all the artwork was stored in a locked room at the museum over the weekend. On Monday September 5th, the truck with all the artwork left for Switzerland. When the shipment arrived at the H. R. Giger Museum in Gruyeres an inventory was taken and it was discovered that the two paintings were missing.

A reward of $5,000 for each painting, plus an all expenses paid weekend at the HR Giger Museum, Chateau St. Germain, in Gruyeres, Switzerland is being offered, no questions asked, to anyone who will provide the information leading to these painting's successful recovery.

Contact Les Barany, HR Giger's agent at: les@HRGiger.com or publishing@wizard.ch
ImageImage

ricv64
Art Expert

Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:16 am

You'd think someone would look at the back and see how aged the canvas is ^
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
pewter14
EB Team

Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:06 pm

mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines