Adventures in Design Podcast thread

General art-related discussion.
jmcguire
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:21 pm

I wanted to make sure that people out there EB land were well aware of this podcast. Hosted by Mark Brikey from Hero Design Studio and Billy Bauman from Delicious Design League. This is a great show that delves deep in the heart of what poster design, and creation is all about. They are witty, funny, gritty and real about the work they do. Hearing the passion for their craft of design makes it all that more interesting to listen to. Just recently on episode 9 "What's inside us" they talk to Mitch Putnam and Rob Jones from Mondo. I would if I were you start by listening from episode 1 "the pilot" and work your way to the latest release. The interviews are top knotch and the banter between the hosts is a reminder of simpler days of NPR. These two are a blast to listen to and I anticipate each episode. Thanks guys! Below are the following links you can find the podcast streaming.
http://aidpodcast.libsyn.com/
iTunes.com/adventuresindesignpodcast
Facebook.com/AIDpodcast
On twitter @AIDpodcast
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:31 pm

Yes, I've been listening, cringing at points, laughing and occasionally learning something.
Agreed with most of the comments regarding EB in episode 11.
alteridiom
Art Expert

Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:40 pm

I love this podcast. Even as just a fan of art I enjoy it thoroughly. If you are in the industry or just getting started then I would say it is a must listen. Wish them much success. Hoping to hear Danger or McCarthy on there at some point.
Small town pizza lawyer
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:16 am

This podcast rules.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:51 pm

Their comments about EB were a little unfair though. They're not aware of the other side :?
Celsius
Flipper

Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:56 pm

machination wrote:Their comments about EB were a little unfair though. They're not aware of the other side :?
What did they say? What episode?
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:13 pm

Celsius wrote:
machination wrote:Their comments about EB were a little unfair though. They're not aware of the other side :?
What did they say? What episode?
Episode No.11 "Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants" featuring Raymond E. Biesinger.
Not much time spent on EB, but you'll know what I mean when you listen.
Overall, the episode was interesting and informative.
billydelicious
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:27 pm

Hey guys,

This is Billy from the show. Since Mark and I really don't hang on this site we were bound to mischaracterize it. Sorry if we got it wrong. If any EB loyalist wants to give me the real story of EB please do and I will try to make sure your voice heard on the next episode.

I also just want to say that I appreciate everyone who's been listening and any feedback is always helpful.

OH, and a sneak peek for just the EB'ers we are going to be interviewing Kevin Tong on July 30th - so look for that interview down the road.
Celsius
Flipper

Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:26 pm

billydelicious wrote:Hey guys,

This is Billy from the show. Since Mark and I really don't hang on this site we were bound to mischaracterize it. Sorry if we got it wrong. If any EB loyalist wants to give me the real story of EB please do and I will try to make sure your voice heard on the next episode.

I also just want to say that I appreciate everyone who's been listening and any feedback is always helpful.

OH, and a sneak peek for just the EB'ers we are going to be interviewing Kevin Tong on July 30th - so look for that interview down the road.
Please ask him his opinions of the secondary market and poster flipping. Always wondered what his thoughts on it were. Not a joke.

Welcome to the forums.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:55 pm

dhussey111 wrote:machination your avatar is really hot.. :)
Thanks. It comes from an awesome poster designed and illustrated by Alan Hynes and Christian Hall.
jmcguire
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:58 pm

Alright Guys I wanted to bump this post because Ken Taylor will be on Adventures in Design Tomorrow. It will be available at 9:00 PST Tune in and comment a lot on what you thought.
And they have a new webpage at http://www.aidpodcast.com/ some cool stuff there.
jmcguire
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:28 am

Alright everybody Adventures in Design #23 with Ken taylor is up. Give it a listen!
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:19 am

Going to start listening to this asap.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:21 am

Finally get to see how Australian sounding Ken is.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
punch
Art Expert

Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:53 am

Subscribed to you guys on Doggcatcher on my phone. I'll check out the Ken Taylor episode for sure. :pint: