Adventures in Design Podcast thread

General art-related discussion.
Post Reply
User avatar
dasponyboy
Art Expert
Posts: 5363
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:47 pm
Location: THE ILL

Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:19 pm

Ya I think it was Darkknight, kansas and me. Maybe Hongkongcavaliers too. It was at like 2 a.m. so its a little fuzzy.
User avatar
jmcguire
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 10:02 am

Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:11 pm

************************************************************Edited at the request of jmcguire.*****************************************************************
Image
User avatar
Darkknight37
Art Expert
Posts: 7841
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:39 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:50 pm

Our very own (or former) Iron Jaiden/Jay Shaw, is featured on today's AID!
User avatar
Odess
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:52 pm

Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:09 pm

I listened to about half of it on the way to work this morning. Will listen to the rest on the way home. I like most of the shows, but Jay is proving to be one of the most entertaining guests yet.
User avatar
Darkknight37
Art Expert
Posts: 7841
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:39 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:16 pm

So far Jay's is my favorite episode this year. His how he got his start story might possibly be the best ever.
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
Posts: 5364
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:20 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:So far Jay's is my favorite episode this year. His how he got his start story might possibly be the best ever.
I agree. So hilarious. I'd love to listen to the rest of the podcast, but I'm not a circle of trust member :(
Last edited by dweebofthedead on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
afrosteeziac
Art Expert
Posts: 2746
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:34 pm

dweebofthedead wrote:
Darkknight37 wrote:So far Jay's is my favorite episode this year. His how he got his start story might possibly be the best ever.
I agree. So hilarious. I'd love to listen of the podcast, but I'm not a circle of trust member :(
You should fix that. Best handful of change I've spent this winter. And that story Jay told at the beginning was hilarious, and a little frightening really.
User avatar
jmcguire
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 10:02 am

Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:04 am

afrosteeziac wrote:
dweebofthedead wrote:
Darkknight37 wrote:So far Jay's is my favorite episode this year. His how he got his start story might possibly be the best ever.
I agree. So hilarious. I'd love to listen of the podcast, but I'm not a circle of trust member :(
You should fix that. Best handful of change I've spent this winter. And that story Jay told at the beginning was hilarious, and a little frightening really.
Yes, the bonus content is awesome to listen to. Almost 3 hours of extra content las week alone. Pretty sweet!
Image
User avatar
afrosteeziac
Art Expert
Posts: 2746
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:39 pm

Lots of interesting discussions going on in todays episode of AiD.
User avatar
afrosteeziac
Art Expert
Posts: 2746
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:39 pm

Lots of interesting discussions going on in todays episode of AiD.
User avatar
machination
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 7847
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: Maple Leaf Land
Contact:

Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:52 pm

Fridays are the best with Billy and James joining Mark for shop talk. Well worth the paid subscription.
Image
User avatar
jmcguire
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 10:02 am

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:54 pm

afrosteeziac wrote:Lots of interesting discussions going on in todays episode of AiD.
Really interesting today! The whole bit about Tyler Stout is awesome!! Wow! really want to hear that story...

Quick poll for anyone that listens here, how many of us are CoT Members?
Image
User avatar
AlanCampbell
Art Expert
Posts: 2195
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:34 pm

machination wrote:Fridays are the best with Billy and James joining Mark for shop talk. Well worth the paid subscription.
they can be pretty good, Billy always hits the points i would make if i was there

and yeah I'm a COT member.

Also someone set up a reddit sub for the show, its a little easier to comment and follow along - http://www.reddit.com/r/adventuresindesign/
Last edited by AlanCampbell on Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Darkknight37
Art Expert
Posts: 7841
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:39 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:40 pm

I'm COT! I'm kinda behind on my episodes though, need to pick up the slack tomorrow.
User avatar
jmcguire
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 10:02 am

Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:45 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:I'm COT! I'm kinda behind on my episodes though, need to pick up the slack tomorrow.
Thats the nice thing about the show I think, is being behind, gives me the content I want / need for a few days worth of work. I like to listen to the free episodes, and then on friday, download all of the bonus content, and have a few hours of getting all of the other stories finished while I do my printing.
Image
Post Reply