The Zach Landrum/Olde Soul Print Shop Thread

General art-related discussion.
yearsofstatic
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:08 pm

Baker
Art Expert

Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:14 pm

Only a couple days left on the deck Zach has on 50/50.

https://www.32auctions.com/organization ... ems/629252
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
simianfever
Art Expert

Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:20 pm

Zach kills it on those 50/50 For Taylor decks. So good.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:20 pm

Baker wrote:Only a couple days left on the deck Zach has on 50/50.

https://www.32auctions.com/organization ... ems/629252
Badass :clap:
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:12 pm

yearsofstatic wrote:Dapper Wizard is up:

http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/produc ... per-wizard
6 left :D
ZLandrum
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:48 pm

Sorry for the lack of being around, Life's been busy!

First off, thank you all for your support and recent purchases of prints, shirts, and pins and whatever else you've purchased! It really means the world, and it helps make sure I have enough beer to get through the days.

This friday the Half and Half and I are releasing a print that I worked really hard on illustrating, and they worked really hard on screenprinting. It's titled "Magnolia" and it's a 6 color screenprint, with a few variants that will be available as well. They'll all be available Friday, 12:00pm EST at http://shop.thehalfandhalf.com/

Here are some photos to look at until you can have one in hand.

Regular (edition of 100)

Kraft Variant (edition of 25)

one of the purple wood variants (edition of 4, less online)

Cheers everyone, I hope you're all well!
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:01 pm

Wow, that looks incredible. Great work. :clap:
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:02 pm

Love it! Colors on the reg are superb :clap:
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:09 pm

Needs moar beard. ;)

That really is something else though. The colors look a tad different between the full shot and the detail shot so I dunno which one's right, but the colors still pop and the illustration linework is a beauty. Very nice work man.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
shredkeenan
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:07 pm

Nobody is talking about this release? Couldn't resist picking up a reg - such a beautiful piece. Quite a departure from his other work, I wouldn't have known it was him unless you told me.
scobro13
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:04 pm

That is something else and a half.

Is it a faux pas to ask the meaning or the inspiration Zach?
kansasbbq
Art God

Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:08 pm

ZLandrum wrote: First off, thank you all for your support and recent purchases of prints, shirts, and pins and whatever else you've purchased! It really means the world, and it helps make sure I have enough beer to get through the days.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
ZLandrum
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:26 pm

shredkeenan wrote:Nobody is talking about this release? Couldn't resist picking up a reg - such a beautiful piece. Quite a departure from his other work, I wouldn't have known it was him unless you told me.
Cheers, thanks for the kind words. And yeah, I particularly don't like being pigeonholed into a particular style or subject matter. I'm influenced by soooo much stuff and want to learn as much as I can for as long as I can. I don't mind being known as "the beard guy" or the "house head guy" or the "remain dapper guy", but It's not all that I have up my short sleeves :)
scobro13 wrote:That is something else and a half.

No, it's not faux pas at all. The inspiration is obviously Alphonse Mucha / Art Nouveau, with several touches of where I live. The bird is the Carolina Wren which is South Carolina's state bird, and the magnolia flowers and leaves (up top) are a native tree around here, and they're just beautiful in person. I think it's actually mississippi's state tree which is where my great grandmother (who was an oil painter) is from. When given the opportunity to do whatever I wanted to do with little to no limitations from the Half and Half I couldn't help thinking of what I'd love to hang in my house, or what others may enjoy hanging in theirs. With all the time I needed to work on it, I really wanted to focused on composition, subject matter, details and patience to work through those issues as they arose.

Thank you all for your purchase of the print and the kind words and questions you've had for it! I can't wait to see what other artists the Half and Half works with on their artists' series.
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:38 pm

its defiantly a step up, super happy to see you stretching out more
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:14 pm

ZLandrum wrote:
shredkeenan wrote:Nobody is talking about this release? Couldn't resist picking up a reg - such a beautiful piece. Quite a departure from his other work, I wouldn't have known it was him unless you told me.
Cheers, thanks for the kind words. And yeah, I particularly don't like being pigeonholed into a particular style or subject matter. I'm influenced by soooo much stuff and want to learn as much as I can for as long as I can. I don't mind being known as "the beard guy" or the "house head guy" or the "remain dapper guy", but It's not all that I have up my short sleeves :)
scobro13 wrote:That is something else and a half.

No, it's not faux pas at all. The inspiration is obviously Alphonse Mucha / Art Nouveau, with several touches of where I live. The bird is the Carolina Wren which is South Carolina's state bird, and the magnolia flowers and leaves (up top) are a native tree around here, and they're just beautiful in person. I think it's actually mississippi's state tree which is where my great grandmother (who was an oil painter) is from. When given the opportunity to do whatever I wanted to do with little to no limitations from the Half and Half I couldn't help thinking of what I'd love to hang in my house, or what others may enjoy hanging in theirs. With all the time I needed to work on it, I really wanted to focused on composition, subject matter, details and patience to work through those issues as they arose.

Thank you all for your purchase of the print and the kind words and questions you've had for it! I can't wait to see what other artists the Half and Half works with on their artists' series.
Just saw this post. Very cool. Love the piece and the insight :pint: