Ark I
6%
Guardian IV
4%

Total votes: 201
ratm
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 25, 2012 10:50 am

Awesome love sirens. :clap: Now, all that is left is to be disappointed when I get shutout trying to purchase one.
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri May 25, 2012 10:52 am

Was really hoping for The Exchange or Exodus. LOVE Josh's work, but Sirens doesn't do much for me for some reason so will be passing on that one. Seems a LOT of people love it though so should make for a really successful print release for sure.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
sixstringer
Art Expert

Fri May 25, 2012 12:51 pm

I actually dreamed about this last night....

Mr_Keyes_Sirens.gif
Variants baby!!!!!
(MBW/Keyes mashup)

I have also dreamed about dinging and creasing prints when untubing them....more than once. :(
shoeless
Art Expert

Fri May 25, 2012 12:53 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sorry to those that were wanting Exodus. Chances are it will be up for the next print.

To those not crazy about Sirens, please don't go for it. Let us who really want this thing have a better chance!
If Exodus won, Ive already said(on JK forum) that I would not be F5ing.

Now then, if anyone wants to help a brotha out on drop day, Id really appreciate it! This one already has a spot on the wall.
fnord wrote:If you like something, for the love of dog don't share it with EB.
zefarrett
Art Freak

Fri May 25, 2012 3:53 pm

now to find out the edition number, size, and price. Jeeeez I want this!!!! I feel likes its gonna be hard as drymount to get on the drop. ISO 10 pb's :lol:
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri May 25, 2012 5:51 pm

I'd be happy to be a PB for somebody on this one when the time comes.

Edit-That was quick. This PB has now been booked!
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
mtarail
Art Expert

Fri May 25, 2012 6:43 pm

Glad to hear sirens won the coin toss.
Xander
Art Expert

Fri May 25, 2012 11:59 pm

zefarrett wrote:I feel likes it's going be hard as drymount to get on the drop.
It shouldn't be as hard as a other drops (Mondo, P&T, etc.).

Josh's website held up pretty well during the Stampede drop, though Stampede still sold out within minutes. The PangeaSeed website, on the other hand, crashed completely for the Scorch II drop (we still love you, PangeaSeed).

If you look at the current aftermarket prices for both prints, they're pretty close to face value, so be patient with getting a Sirens if you miss the drop.
aust449
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 26, 2012 12:04 am

Xander wrote:

Josh's website held up pretty well during the Stampede drop, even though it still sold out within a few minutes. The PangeaSeed website, on the other hand, crashed completely for the Scorch II drop (we still love you, though, PangeaSeed).

If you look at the current aftermarket prices for both prints, they're pretty close to face value, so I'd be patient in acquiring Sirens post-drop if you miss out.
Agreed. Plus, Sowers, Last Kiss, Stampede and Scorch I can all still be picked up near cost. So if you miss the drop, it shouldn't be the end of the world, just let the market settle.
disdig1
Art Expert

Sat May 26, 2012 12:46 am

aust449 wrote:
Xander wrote:

Josh's website held up pretty well during the Stampede drop, even though it still sold out within a few minutes. The PangeaSeed website, on the other hand, crashed completely for the Scorch II drop (we still love you, though, PangeaSeed).

If you look at the current aftermarket prices for both prints, they're pretty close to face value, so I'd be patient in acquiring Sirens post-drop if you miss out.
Agreed. Plus, Sowers, Last Kiss, Stampede and Scorch I can all still be picked up near cost. So if you miss the drop, it shouldn't be the end of the world, just let the market settle.
it all depends on the edition size and overall size of the print imo. also with stampede and sowers they are both huge with big edition sizes so that turned many people away. scorch 1 and last kiss are much weaker images compared to sirens so i don't know if i would compare them

i do think josh's work is down a little overall in the aftermarket but we shall see where this one takes us, hopefully not to crazy for the unfortunate that miss out
sixstringer
Art Expert

Sat May 26, 2012 9:36 am

Josh said he is bringing the edition size back down to 200 for the next release.
applehead
Art Expert

Sat May 26, 2012 11:48 am

pretty cool! any idea what this would cost? i bought Scorch from ebay for a good deal (imo) and recently the tinyshowcase print (Amazing!!)and I love them!! ive learned very quickly how expensive this hobby can be, and ive really had to hold back from buying several prints in the past week, as well as had to sell some stuff off which sucked. I learned of this site 2-3 months ago and love it here. Thx for all the advise via PMs from everyone. I have a couple of questions about Josh's sales.

Does he sell prints on his site? Or will he publish the sale link in an email? How does he handle his sales? Thx in advance!
JoshKeyes
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 26, 2012 1:52 pm

applehead wrote:pretty cool! any idea what this would cost? i bought Scorch from ebay for a good deal (imo) and recently the tinyshowcase print (Amazing!!)and I love them!! ive learned very quickly how expensive this hobby can be, and ive really had to hold back from buying several prints in the past week, as well as had to sell some stuff off which sucked. I learned of this site 2-3 months ago and love it here. Thx for all the advise via PMs from everyone. I have a couple of questions about Josh's sales.

Does he sell prints on his site? Or will he publish the sale link in an email? How does he handle his sales? Thx in advance!
Hi Applehead, welcome to the Expresso beans forum!

All of the details about the print release will be sent out through my mailing list. will http://www.joshkeyes.net/mailinglist.htm
I will be inspecting printers proofs this week :)

Best,
Josh
mtarail
Art Expert

Sat May 26, 2012 3:30 pm

Have you decided on the size of the print, Josh? Such a cool image. As a print, it would look great at the size of Thunder, 32 x 24.
JoshKeyes
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 26, 2012 4:01 pm

mtarail wrote:Have you decided on the size of the print, Josh? Such a cool image. As a print, it would look great at the size of Thunder, 32 x 24.
I am looking to release this in the 18"X24" format. The larger size was a consideration but I wanted to make this release a little easier on collectors in terms of price, shipping, framing cost, and wall space. It is also a size that works well with the imagery and in my opinion, showcases the detail very well. I would like to do another 32"x24" in the future, and am sure there will be an painting/image soon, that will be well suited for that larger paper size.