Official Ken Taylor thread

General art-related discussion.
cgriff
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:24 pm

Seriously though. Ken's gig posters are way better than his Mondo prints. Maybe it is just the quantity, but the dude can draw some damn flora and fauna.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:33 pm

cgriff wrote:Seriously though. Ken's gig posters are way better than his Mondo prints. Maybe it is just the quantity, but the dude can draw some damn flora and fauna.
I think you touched on it perfectly, when left to his own devices slash imagination, given free reign he can do some pretty spectacular stuff. So i'd expand that from just gig posters to include his unlicensed art prints as well. His movie prints are great, but for me some of the art prints I've seen out of him are my favorite things. (e.g. Kachou Fuugetsu, Usagi, etc.)
So it goes...
fredo
Art God

Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:14 pm

DonPiano wrote:Part of me wishes that Ken would work with ink and paper sometimes.
You mean like:

?
just a foil for me today, thanks
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:17 pm

Humina humina, that NIN+QotSA OG :drool:
So it goes...
DonPiano
Art Expert

Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:03 am

Well, the Rob Jones collab is an OG so of course that's ink and paper, but I don't think that the QotSA is ink and paper though. I think the Alice in Wonderland is though.

I agree with mfaith - more art prints please.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
shibbyaholic
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32 am

mfaith wrote::lol: Just a shot in the dark here... but soam has tickets to MGM Grand, and shibbyaholic has tix for Phish in Vegas. haha

Sadly I do not..... No Fall Tour for me...... ISO a PB for Ken Taylor Phish Print. Thanks. I am really upset that I can't do any fall shows..... Money is just too tight right now...
Image Image Image
jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:36 am

mfaith wrote:
kentaylorart wrote:Little something that's part of something else that's coming out sometime soon :)
Possibly something for the Batman show? This looks like it could be on a building in Gotham possibly
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:38 am

jmagee87 wrote:Possibly something for the Batman show? This looks like it could be on a building in Gotham possibly
That's a good thought. He didn't say it was something he was working on that day (otherwise it would be too late to be for Batman), so it's very possible. And you're right, does have that gothic gotham aesthetic. One can hope. :pint:
So it goes...
cgriff
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:46 am

Yes, and I do not mean to down play his movie prints at all. Mfaith, I agree completely, his best work seems to be when he has creative freedoms. The man can draw some birds, the underrated Albatross, Bon Iver, Sigur Ros, Mogwai. I just think these show his artistic talent a lot better than some of his movie prints, NCFOM, Figh Club, etc.
shibbyaholic
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:13 pm

according to Phish's Tweet we will have a Ken Taylor Fall Tour Print... I am going with my original thought... ISO PB!
Image Image Image
shibbyaholic
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:14 pm

according to Phish's Tweet we will have a Ken Taylor Fall Tour Print... I am going with my original thought... ISO PB!
Image Image Image
soam24
Art Freak

Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:34 pm

shibbyaholic wrote:according to Phish's Tweet we will have a Ken Taylor Fall Tour Print... I am going with my original thought... ISO PB!

i'll be in vegas.. but usually don't get in early enough to grab prints.. or like the hassle of having them in a show.

but if by chance i am in early i'll grab what i can.
shibbyaholic
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:09 pm

soam24 wrote:
shibbyaholic wrote:according to Phish's Tweet we will have a Ken Taylor Fall Tour Print... I am going with my original thought... ISO PB!

i'll be in vegas.. but usually don't get in early enough to grab prints.. or like the hassle of having them in a show.

but if by chance i am in early i'll grab what i can.

Awesome, thank you
Image Image Image
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:26 pm

KSUvet wrote:
Creation88 wrote:i'll definitely need the Ray Lamontagne. one of my favorite artist by one of my favorite artists.
Looks like tonight's the night. Who's going to get us some?
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:28 pm

Color scheme would make it a nice pairing with the Fight Club variant.
So it goes...