What time is it?!?!? It's CALLOUT time!

General art-related discussion.
selassielion
Art Expert

Sat May 05, 2012 8:24 am

While it's poor business form, you got your money back and this is really more about you being upset about how the purchase didn't go down.

Not worthy of a call out thread imo, certainly not one where you are tossing the guy under a bus to the community. You live and learn, don't deal with KBBQ in the future since you had a bad experience with him.
Kdh12 wrote:It is not rockets science
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sat May 05, 2012 8:31 am

misterx wrote:Surprised bbq hasn't come on to defend himself.

Rather awkward for him really, having been caught telling lies etc...
No need - its much easier just to use another nick. :hanging:
But-we-unleashed-a-lion
Art Expert

Sat May 05, 2012 8:33 am

People need to chill
I'm waiting for a tube since december
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Sat May 05, 2012 8:34 am

selassielion wrote:While it's poor business form, you got your money back and this is really more about you being upset about how the purchase didn't go down.

Not worthy of a call out thread imo, certainly not one where you are tossing the guy under a bus to the community. You live and learn, don't deal with KBBQ in the future since you had a bad experience with him.
Isn't it poor form to find a bad seller in the community and keep his poor practices hidden so he can continue to do it? It's a thread. It isn't like this post costs anyone anything, but a lack of calling someone out on their bullshit might allow more people to get screwed over in the future.
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Sat May 05, 2012 8:41 am

Since there aren't Saturday morning cartoons, maybe I can entertain you a little bit more:
kansasbbq wrote: Why do you feel the need to do this? Was an apology not enough?
zombiedictator wrote:An apology is enough. An insincere one isn't.

Look man, I was sympathetic to your reply. I've really wanted posters that the wife has said "no", so I didn't get them. The problem was after I shared this disappointment, someone told me you were soliciting the poster to trade to them after I PAID you. Worse yet, they provided evidence. That really pisses me off, and it's a slap in the face. You didn't agree to a trade and change your mind, you took my money and then were trying to actively sell what was my print. How would you feel if I stole your wallet, took out all the cash, and then gave you back an empty wallet asking for a reward?
kansasbbq wrote:I'm not going to engage in a huge argument over a piece of paper for crying out loud. I'm not that kind of person. And for what it's worth, I don't quite follow your analogy. I didn't give you back an empty wallet. I haven't stolen a single thing from you. I made the decision to keep the print and refunded you back immediately afterwards. As far as I know I don't have anything of yours. I'm not a thief and I'm insulted you associated me with you.

And I'm hesitant to be honest with you because it seems like private information isn't really private information. But I will be because I don't have anything to hide. I've had probably close to 25 people contact me about this print and I've never posted it for sale/trade (not once). I would really like to know who gave them my info. I initially contacted you and 3 others (that's it). As for you and me, I wasn't shopping around your print after you sent me payment. We actually have 2 prints and I was exploring the possibility of trading the other one. I don't think I've done anything wrong so far....2 prints and 2 deals. But since the wife has expressed her displeasure with me both deals have been called off. I still have both prints in the flat file and can send you a pic if you'd like proof. I know it was bad form on my part, but I don't have anything of anybody's and both deals have been stopped.

To be honest, this print has been one headache after another. I really do apologize for the trouble I've caused. It's still a hot topic between the two of us, but I might bring it up in a few days and see if she has changed her mind. Are you OK with this?
zombiedictator wrote:Maybe I'm missing something here.

You have 2 prints. You sell one to me, so you still have the other. Your wife says "I want this print", okay, fine, I respect that. You keep the other one, problem solved. Am I missing something?

See, the problem I have is if I got to it first, then you could have just mailed it out and kept the 2nd one to keep her happy. Let's pretend I bought the 2nd print, someone else got to the first. Okay, fine, you e-mail me, refund it, cool. Then why are you soliciting trades after I already paid you?

The funny thing about this is I had multiple PBs for this event, and all of them were just a little too late. I thought I got a good deal through you, and assumed I had it locked. I had the chance to get it at cost AFTER I paid you. Did I e-mail you and say "hey, got this cheaper, give me my money back"? No. I paid more than twice face value, which I agreed to, and that's that. When money changes hands in a deal, it's final in my eyes, even if you immediately regret it. So here I am, printless, because I had good faith in you, because I see you as a regular here and you seemed like an up-and-up dude. I don't think poorly of you or whatever, but honestly, I've had a MISERABLE day today. Root canals, broken cars, everything, and I just feel like you kind of drymounted me over on this. This is my one ISO, and if I'm lucky enough to find it I'll be paying a lot more because of something that simply put, didn't need to happen.
That's pretty much it. I've said what I need to say. If you want to deal with the guy, by all means. Just don't say I didn't warn you. Who knows, maybe he'll read this thread and realize his milking an extra hundred bucks of value out of a giclee has soured his reputation here and try and make things right, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm still ISO of this (JJ Harrison's "My Neighbor Jake" if anyone lost track), so if someone has one for sale or knows someone, shoot me a PM. I'm a fair enough guy. I've never screwed anyone here on a sale, I PBed for about half a dozen people in 1 mega-trip last year to Spoke Art in San Fran (mike1233210, fallenangel1 and a few others), and I've PBed for another half dozen Mondo drops successfully. I'm on the up-and-up! :clap:
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
Benelli
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 05, 2012 8:42 am

this is very worthy of a callout post...

I'm by no means a long-term member of this community but before I ever joined, much less posted, I spent weeks reading and lurking. EB has a code it has norms and mores that every member is expected to adhere too and it's only through some form of community policing that they get enforced.

One of the first threads I ever read was a broken deal thread like this one, I thought it was funny as hell because of all the Mad Max "Break a deal face the Wheel" comments. It made me want to belong to this community one that was centered on respect, friendship and a code of behavior because I sure as hell knew that I would get fleeced somewhere else.

Quite honestly in the short time I have been here there seems to be less honor, less community enforcing, and less time teaching "how we expect you to act" and mostly it's just become raw commerce and how quickly someone get what they want for their piece of limited paper.

and that's a damn shame.
summoner
Art Freak

Sat May 05, 2012 8:47 am

I know that I have dealt with the accused in the past on a print deal, just not sure if it was a buying or selling, and have cleared my PMs since so I cant really go back to verify. I do know however that I have not had any negative transactions with anyone on this board so far (knock on wood)...

Callouts are serious when you throw someone's name out there, and sully their rep on one bad judgement transaction. This one I don't honestly think was justified enough to do just such a thing, and is all around bad form.
Image Image Image
selassielion
Art Expert

Sat May 05, 2012 8:54 am

zombiedictator wrote:
Isn't it poor form to find a bad seller in the community and keep his poor practices hidden so he can continue to do it? It's a thread. It isn't like this post costs anyone anything, but a lack of calling someone out on their bullshit might allow more people to get screwed over in the future.
A quick look at his seller feedback kinda indicates that he isn't a 'bad seller'. Dude I get that you are pissed with some rather dodgy business practices, but at the end of the day you got your money back. Immediately. People in these forums are so quick to call folks out publicly these days, and it seems from your various re-postings of private messages that he responded to all of your messages as well. I don't know KSBBQ but this all seems a bit blown out of proportion. Thats just my .02, it doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things.
Kdh12 wrote:It is not rockets science
binky79
Art Expert

Sat May 05, 2012 8:58 am

Maybe I'm biased because I too have been hooked up by kansasbbq. But I'd say the public posting of PMs (which FYI stands for 'Private Messages') is the more egregious transgression. The money has been refunded and an apology was made. It's time to move on.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sat May 05, 2012 8:59 am

comountaingolf wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Once payment is made, the deal is done. All we need is kansasbbq to come in and make a bullshit excuse so we can kick this thread up a notch.
Anytime up until payment is made- I could understand but my motto is similar to the above

This stuff about "my wife was mad" smells like malarkey especially when he had 2 of the same print? :hanging:

The morals you'all reflect Clinton should have just said "I'm sorry" versus "its wasn't sexually in nature " :lol:
lcsproductions
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 05, 2012 9:04 am

Why does it matter how fast or slow someone gets their money back? You made a deal stick to it. Worse and even shadier he has two of them. This is bad business and I appreciate someone sharing it with the community.
$250 for the pair shipped and insured. Both are mint. Shipping should be around 7 or 8 bucks.

FYI: this was the collection that didn't make my walls, still beats your shitty little collections...and if it doesn't, I still couldn't care less.
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Sat May 05, 2012 9:05 am

The responses from some people amaze me. Maybe it's just me, but I see a correlation between "since you didn't get robbed and only got lied to and screwed over, it's okay" and "I'm surprised this forum as turned into a haven of newbies begging for PBs never returning the favor and people nickel and diming each other". I still like this community, and I've been a member for longer than my join date, but acceptance of this behavior doesn't help the community, so why in God's name is anyone defending it?

I'm not demanding pitchforks, but saying "an apology has been made, move on", completely misses the point. He's been lying to me and other posters over and over and continues to do so. That's not an apology; that's lip service.
binky79
Art Expert

Sat May 05, 2012 9:19 am

zombiedictator wrote:I'm not demanding pitchforks, but saying "an apology has been made, move on", completely misses the point. He's been lying to me and other posters over and over and continues to do so. That's not an apology; that's lip service.
Maybe I am completely missing the point, but the lesson I've learned here is that if a deal goes south with kansasbbq the worst case scenario has me with an apology and a refund. If a deal goes south with you I'll have a callout thread and transcripts of all our private conversations posted.
summoner
Art Freak

Sat May 05, 2012 9:22 am

binky79 wrote:
zombiedictator wrote:I'm not demanding pitchforks, but saying "an apology has been made, move on", completely misses the point. He's been lying to me and other posters over and over and continues to do so. That's not an apology; that's lip service.
Maybe I am completely missing the point, but the lesson I've learned here is that if a deal goes south with kansasbbq the worst case scenario has me with an apology and a refund. If a deal goes south with you I'll have a callout thread and transcripts of all our private conversations posted.
Kinda thinking the same thing.
Image Image Image
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Sat May 05, 2012 9:25 am

binky79 wrote:
Allow me to help you out.

If a deal goes south with kansasbbq you'll have a fake apology only offered when you tell him you realize he screwed you.

A deal WON'T go south with me. He might be good for 4 out of 5 deals, but I'm good for every single one.