The Phantom City Creative Thread

General art-related discussion.
mycrospazm
Art Expert

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:58 pm

It's a nod to Fairey, obviously. The entire color scheme, layout...all very Obey. Would probably look great on a wall with some Faireys.
listerfeend
Art Expert

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:59 pm

Kramerica wrote:I thought it was kind of a take on a few different films. The OBEY being They Live, zombies in the background and there are definitely elements of Struzan's original Thing artwork with the pose and starburst effect behind Mikey.
What movie is the dazzle crotch from?
mycrospazm
Art Expert

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:59 pm

Kramerica wrote:I thought it was kind of a take on a few different films. The OBEY being They Live, zombies in the background and there are definitely elements of Struzan's original Thing artwork with the pose and starburst effect behind Mikey.
Also possible.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:03 pm

listerfeend wrote:
What movie is the dazzle crotch from?
Boogie Nights?

I could be way off on my interpretation just what I thought when I first saw it.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
caseyg1986
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:20 pm

mycrospazm wrote:
Also possible.
I totally see that. Makes a lot more sense now.
Danchbosky

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:32 pm

Yeah, I actually just realized the "zombies" in the background are actually The Fog lepers. It's a collection of John Carpenter film elements... probably because John Carpenter is this years' Festival of Fear guest of honour.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:48 pm

it's about time they did something.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:56 pm

Danchbosky wrote:
Yeah, I actually just realized the "zombies" in the background are actually The Fog lepers. It's a collection of John Carpenter film elements... probably because John Carpenter is this years' Festival of Fear guest of honour.
Good call, didn't know that about Carpenter being the guest of honor. Makes a lot of sense now.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Dnovi
Art Expert

Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:28 pm

Regular edition is blue with a print run of 200

Pretty sure Justin said the red variant is a run of 50.

Oh and they are glow in the dark.
jesseindisguise
Art Expert

Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:31 pm

:drool:

That print is de-lovely! Anyone headed to the Con that doesn't want one of these for themselves?
Blake wrote:Always Be Tubing.
Danchbosky

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:12 pm

jesseindisguise wrote::drool:

That print is de-lovely! Anyone headed to the Con that doesn't want one of these for themselves?
Already PBing for someone, but at the chance my wife and I can purchase one each, if I can snag another, will do..
spankman
Art Expert

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:20 pm

It looks like Michael Meyers couldnt find a William Shatner mask and had to settle for Ryan Gosling. Poster is still awesome though.
"I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard.” Mike Tyson
fanboy
Art Expert

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:27 pm

This is just too cool! I love everything John Carpenter did in the 80s and PCC has been lights out this year. Add GID ... :drool:
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
gerallestes
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:27 pm

spankman wrote:It looks like Michael Meyers couldnt find a William Shatner mask and had to settle for Ryan Gosling. Poster is still awesome though.
:lol:
skinkrawl
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:39 pm

If there's anyone out there who wants to snag one or both of these for me, I would be grateful. Your cost plus shipping plus some extra for your trouble.