How would you fix Mondos Print Launches?

General art-related discussion.
TSgtJedi
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 02, 2012 1:40 pm

My Suggestion

I would like to see a lottery service – 5 bucks an E-Ticket (vested interest) – When pulled, you pay. Would allow all interested an equal chance to get in, no time constraints, would give Mondo better management of process and respect among its customer base, e-ticket funds raised given to an art charity of their choosing. What do you think, what would be your fix? I am pretty sure Mondo reads these threads for customer input. Maybe the creative director Mr. Ishmael would like some constructive feedback on this process.

Please note I did not post this under the Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread for in my opinion this “process” did not meet the criteria of general news, rumors, and speculation for Mondo/Alamo prints & events.

Have a Nice Day
Cbjornson
Art Expert

Wed May 02, 2012 1:42 pm

No. I would do nothing.
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed May 02, 2012 1:42 pm

lotteries always fail. Mondo is fine. Don't change.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
s_k_y
Art Expert

Wed May 02, 2012 1:44 pm

Open editions.

That'd be hilarious.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Wed May 02, 2012 1:46 pm

s_k_y wrote:Open editions.

That'd be hilarious.
lol. mondo out of business in < 6 months.

Nothing needs changed. As it is now, if you try hard enough (meaning willing to sit and F5 nonstop until it drops) you have at least a decent chance of scoring. Lotteries do not work.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
spankman
Art Expert

Wed May 02, 2012 1:47 pm

Lottos suck. The way its done is fine. They just need to get rid of the aesthetic changes they made and get it back to how it was.
"I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard.” Mike Tyson
sidewaysscott
Art God

this thread sucks.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
guerilladubber
Art Expert

sidewaysscott wrote:lotteries always fail. Mondo is fine. Don't change.
Celsius
Flipper

Return it to before they messed up the site by revision in Feb.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
finneganm
Art Freak

Wed May 02, 2012 1:48 pm

I would change it so that I could buy whatever I wanted two hours before the drop for the masses.
That's what she said
cerebus
Art Expert

Wed May 02, 2012 1:52 pm

finneganm wrote:I would change it so that I could buy whatever I wanted two hours before the drop for the masses.
^If this not possible, nothing.

To the OP, just how many posters do you think they have for sale, and how many people are trying to buy them? There are ALWAYS winners and losers in these sorts of drop.
lme7
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 02, 2012 1:53 pm

I'd remove the stupid calculating shipping page, since everyone in the US gets flat shipping anyway - it's a time waster where most of the hangups occur for people who were actually in on it before the twitter announcement. On top of that, the one thing that Sideshow gets away with that no one ever complains about is their "estimated shipping" charge, which means that if it turns out to be more after the fact, no one minds because they still get their product. Mondo could do that, and no one who got a print would ever, ever complain.

Also, give up on twitter announcements entirely - these prints will sell out no matter when they drop, and if the tweet doesn't go out, they sell out in 5 minutes as opposed to three, given the way word travels around here. I mean, Mondo has a great business plan where they don't need to pay for advertising at all, why not give up on the tweet entirely. It's the tweet that causes the bog down on the site, and there's no good reason for it other than to cause that bog down and increase the number of people fighting for those prints by exponential numbers.

Otherwise, no change.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Wed May 02, 2012 1:54 pm

What is this, like your 4th suggestion in regards to what Mondo does "wrong?"
dylansdad
Art Expert

Wed May 02, 2012 1:54 pm

By "fix" do you mean "allow me to successfully place an order"? There is no way to "fix Mondo" so that 10,000 people can successfully place an order for one of 400 copies of a limited print. What people mean when they say that is that Mondo should find a way to allow them through but not the rest of the crowd. Any change that Mondo makes to benefit you would also benefit everybody else. The competition would remain. Thousands of people will miss out and be disappointed no matter what.

Lotteries are the devil. Or maybe Stout just hates me.
roydamnit
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 02, 2012 1:55 pm

TSgtJedi wrote:My Suggestion

I would like to see a lottery service – 5 bucks an E-Ticket (vested interest) – When pulled, you pay. Would allow all interested an equal chance to get in, no time constraints, would give Mondo better management of process and respect among its customer base, e-ticket funds raised given to an art charity of their choosing. What do you think, what would be your fix? I am pretty sure Mondo reads these threads for customer input. Maybe the creative director Mr. Ishmael would like some constructive feedback on this process.

Please note I did not post this under the Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread for in my opinion this “process” did not meet the criteria of general news, rumors, and speculation for Mondo/Alamo prints & events.

Have a Nice Day

I LIKE IT!
Last edited by roydamnit on Wed May 02, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.