General art-related discussion.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:00 pm

im assuming we can combine shipping? cheers
anteis24
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:30 pm

Also curious if local pickup will be an option (for the framed).
tylerlyons24
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:51 pm

StaticMedium wrote:We would be happy to accommodate requests to upgrade to museum glass. Museum glass for The Hangover III will be an additional $60 and it will be an additional $75 for The Stray II.
Kickass, that's awesome! I guess I better be coming up with some extra money then! Haha very excited about the giveaways and surprises too. You guys are the best! I'm still very thankful for last time.
tylerlyons24
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:58 pm

Oh yeah, I posted in another thread but I just got this one off of Esao! Really excited to get my first original painting from him, and it was used for the back album art of my favorite band, that makes it even more amazing to me! I found this picture online, hopefully it's still framed - I dig it!
image.jpeg
jeffzilla
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:06 pm

Desert Beacon? Wow congrats Tyler!
Muppelope
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:23 pm

Absolutely adore both of these, but I might only be able to buy one, unfortunately. Can't pick which one I like better. And great pickup tyler, that's stunning.
taylorph
Art Expert

Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:16 pm

Ahhh I noticed a beautifully framed copy of desert beacon hit eBay recently. Now I know why :clap:

Congrats man I always thought that was a very underrated image.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:38 pm

Mr Medium or can I call you Static? What is the shipping cost for both if framed?
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:55 pm

StaticMedium wrote:
We photographed both originals in house so you can expect nothing but the highest quality on these two.
yes, esao told me you had my hangover so you could photograph it for the prints. i can't wait to see it in person...i know it's going to melt my mind. i'll toss a few pics in here next week when i get it.
bullelk
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:28 am

WIP for benefit auction in August.

tranito
Art Expert

Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:25 pm

lightyears2010 wrote:
StaticMedium wrote:
We photographed both originals in house so you can expect nothing but the highest quality on these two.
yes, esao told me you had my hangover so you could photograph it for the prints. i can't wait to see it in person...i know it's going to melt my mind. i'll toss a few pics in here next week when i get it.
Wondering, since it's a commish, if you had an input regarding the fall.. sometimes he'll paint natural looking water, sometimes he goes for the oil looking one.. curious if it was discussed and also curious of the purpose/meaning of the oily black water which is a recurring theme in his art.. Cheers.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:39 pm

i gave him no direction whatsoever other than asking for a hangover variant. he likes people to draw their own conclusions, so i've never asked him about the water color.
tranito
Art Expert

Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:57 pm

Excellent. Would rather buy a 100% Esao image than a heavily Corvin influenced image painted by Esao. :wink: No offense. With these movie posters commish being directed every step of the way from the concept to the final colors, I'm getting paranoid.. :lol:

Still dubious regarding his use of oily water.. never seen it discussed before, so if Esao's fans want to play, come along!
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
tylerlyons24
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:31 pm

tranito wrote:Excellent. Would rather buy a 100% Esao image than a heavily Corvin influenced image painted by Esao. :wink: No offense. With these movie posters commish being directed every step of the way from the concept to the final colors, I'm getting paranoid.. :lol:

Still dubious regarding his use of oily water.. never seen it discussed before, so if Esao's fans want to play, come along!

I don't know for sure but to me it is about our dependence on oil. We've made it as important as water in our lives (which we must have to live). It could be about anything though, us as humans polluting the earth and destroying our surroundings maybe? It is interesting to think about.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:38 pm

tranito wrote:
Sometimes I think it's definitely about oil (Petrosinella II comes to mind with the towers in the back) but I can also see it being used more for effect against the lighter background and greenery surrounding the water, as a more natural water color feels like it'd blend into the bottom portion of Hangover III and lose some separation.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.