All things Esao Andrews

General art-related discussion.
ApeironCreative
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:23 pm

Could not resist and grabbed both of them. My first Esao's.
tylerlyons24
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:29 pm

ApeironCreative wrote:Could not resist and grabbed both of them. My first Esao's.
This is how mine started....now I'm around 30 I think lol. It's an addiction. Try not to bust a vein
ApeironCreative
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:30 pm

tylerlyons24 wrote:
ApeironCreative wrote:Could not resist and grabbed both of them. My first Esao's.
This is how mine started....now I'm around 30 I think lol. It's an addiction. Try not to bust a vein
Haha, Ill keep that in mind.
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:04 pm

meskell wrote:Put me in the minority that feels SM's sales gimmicks are kinda redonk.

StaticMedium
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:41 pm

Haha, we wanted to go all out on this release. Things will likely be more tame in the future. Maybe we'll do an unannounced drop of Monsoon II as an edition of ten. :twisted:

Some people were asking what the framed dimensions are, so here you go.

The Hangover III: 17" x 23.5"
The Stray II: 23.5" x 23.5"
mtarail
Art Expert

Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:51 pm

StaticMedium wrote:Haha, we wanted to go all out on this release. Things will likely be more tame in the future. Maybe we'll do an unannounced drop of Monsoon II as an edition of ten. :twisted:

Some people were asking what the framed dimensions are, so here you go.

The Hangover III: 17" x 23.5"
The Stray II: 23.5" x 23.5"
I know the website says that these prints are archivally framed, but can you give any further detail on the framing process? The main thing I'm interested in knowing is if there is any sort of glue/tape/adhesive being used to hold the print in place in the frame. and if framing includes spacers to keep the print away from the glass.
tranito
Art Expert

Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:34 pm

Looking at my Audrey Kawasaki Zelda as I'm writing this. Spacers for sure. Don't see why they'd use tape or adhesive as there is no mat to fix the print too. Pretty sure spacers and backboard are all that is required.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:55 pm

Has to be held on to the backing board by something.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
StaticMedium
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:39 pm

There are acid free pacers between the print and the acrylic, and then an acid free matt board cut to the size of the print behind the print. My understanding is that there is no adhesive, tape or hinge touching the print directly. The back side of the backing board and/or moulding has acid free tape that connects it to the backing paper (The brown craft'esque paper you see on the back of framed pieces).

I can confirm all of this with our framer Rob on Monday, but I believe that's all accurate. Anyone who has some of Kawasaki's framed prints is welcome to chime in. The same process will be used.
tylerlyons24
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:12 pm

StaticMedium wrote:There are acid free pacers between the print and the acrylic, and then an acid free matt board cut to the size of the print behind the print. My understanding is that there is no adhesive, tape or hinge touching the print directly. The back side of the backing board and/or moulding has acid free tape that connects it to the backing paper (The brown craft'esque paper you see on the back of framed pieces).

I can confirm all of this with our framer Rob on Monday, but I believe that's all accurate. Anyone who has some of Kawasaki's framed prints is welcome to chime in. The same process will be used.

If they don't do tape then ask for photo corners, they work just the same but won't damage the print.
tylerlyons24
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:13 pm

But yeah that's only if you use a mat, it won't be happening in this case
mtarail
Art Expert

Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:24 am

StaticMedium wrote:There are acid free pacers between the print and the acrylic, and then an acid free matt board cut to the size of the print behind the print. My understanding is that there is no adhesive, tape or hinge touching the print directly. The back side of the backing board and/or moulding has acid free tape that connects it to the backing paper (The brown craft'esque paper you see on the back of framed pieces).

Thanks for the info. If you can confirm, I'd appreciate. I already bought Stray II, but if it's possible I might want to get it framed.
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:03 am

Any way we can know whether or not the prints are defiled by tape or glue before the buying period ends?
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:20 am

I mean they said all archival materials.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
StaticMedium
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:39 am

Just confirmed all that was previously said. No tape or adhesive touches the print. Just acid free matt board and acid free spacers. Everything used in every step of the process is archival.