Hush

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
ejg904
Art Expert
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:25 pm
Location: nahhhh

Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:14 pm

as in hush said "yeah, rolling them is a good option"

i'm pretty sure he didn't advise them to use fudge tubes, and not enough (or no) kraft paper.

it's not his fault, at all. it's not as if rolling a print and shipping is "one size fits all." there are shitty ways to do it, and very good ways to do it.

needless to say, they did an awful job.
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?
User avatar
bkboy77
Art Expert
Posts: 8585
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:58 pm
Location: Burger King

Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:19 pm

ejg904 wrote:as in hush said "yeah, rolling them is a good option"

i'm pretty sure he didn't advise them to use fudge tubes, and not enough (or no) kraft paper.

it's not his fault, at all. it's not as if rolling a print and shipping is "one size fits all." there are shitty ways to do it, and very good ways to do it.

needless to say, they did an awful job.
I guess you didn't order directly from onethirty3. 6 in. tube, no kraft paper. wrapped only in tissue which does not really help at all. :hanging:

Agree with you on your last statement.
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.
User avatar
ejg904
Art Expert
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:25 pm
Location: nahhhh

Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:44 pm

i ordered both directly from onethirty.

both damaged :hanging:

i don't blame Hush though. shameful packing job they did on these
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?
User avatar
bkboy77
Art Expert
Posts: 8585
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:58 pm
Location: Burger King

Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:19 pm

ejg904 wrote:i ordered both directly from onethirty.

both damaged :hanging:

i don't blame Hush though. shameful packing job they did on these
Sorry to hear that. At least Rachael will send you replacements for your prints. Different story for those who bought from WW and Metro.

Just one thing though, doesn't HUSH own onethirty3?
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.
User avatar
ejg904
Art Expert
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:25 pm
Location: nahhhh

Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:26 pm

bkboy77 wrote: Just one thing though, doesn't HUSH own onethirty3?
i have no idea about that. if that's true, i retract my statements about it not being his fault
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?
User avatar
PLUSH
Art Expert
Posts: 7199
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:43 pm
Location: TEXAS

Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:31 pm

kingburdy wrote:Received my prints today from WhiteWalls, needless to say not mint. One piece of tape on the craft paper would of held the roll tight enough to keep bubble wrap from getting into center of prints. The materials used were fine, why you would leave them loose is beyond me especially for art dealers. Will send email to Tova and see what WW can do?

She'll say the same thing she told me, you can either get a refund, or I'm sure they may adjust the price, as she says, it will frame out. I hate that answer, it really is a weak statement. I guess refund it is.
cktbreaker
Art Expert
Posts: 1535
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:44 pm

Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:37 pm

For the people that got them from White Walls. Lets not just cave on this reprint thing, and settle for a refund. If we all take the same stance that we want a reprint then maybe it will happen. When I spoke to Tova she said that it could be possible to get a replacement. So it sounds like White Walls just didn't have a back up plan that involved reprinting. Like someone else said give it a bit of time, and lets see where this thing goes. Any other conjecture is pointless.
User avatar
bkboy77
Art Expert
Posts: 8585
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:58 pm
Location: Burger King

Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:38 pm

ejg904 wrote:
bkboy77 wrote: Just one thing though, doesn't HUSH own onethirty3?
i have no idea about that. if that's true, i retract my statements about it not being his fault
I knew I read this somewhere....

In 2011 Hush will launch his new installation program and exhibition space, onethirty3, in Newcastle, UK.
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.
User avatar
retter
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 870
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:52 pm

Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:40 pm

Metro told me that Hush is on holidays so it may take a while to find out if replacements are possible
User avatar
ejg904
Art Expert
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:25 pm
Location: nahhhh

Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:28 am

bkboy77 wrote: In 2011 Hush will launch his new installation program and exhibition space, onethirty3, in Newcastle, UK.
:clap:

i retract my statements absolving hush of guilt
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 18053
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:28 am

PLUSH wrote:
kingburdy wrote:Received my prints today from WhiteWalls, needless to say not mint. One piece of tape on the craft paper would of held the roll tight enough to keep bubble wrap from getting into center of prints. The materials used were fine, why you would leave them loose is beyond me especially for art dealers. Will send email to Tova and see what WW can do?

She'll say the same thing she told me, you can either get a refund, or I'm sure they may adjust the price, as she says, it will frame out. I hate that answer, it really is a weak statement. I guess refund it is.
This is the response I got back from Tova:

I won't have enough extra to reissue to everyone and I want to say if there is anyway you want to try and put a heavy book on the edge to see if it flattens that might be a good idea. Or, you can get it matted with framing and that will get rid of those edges. I can refund your money if you don't want to keep it. Let me know what you prefer and I can let you know when and if I can replace it. So sorry about this! Such a bummer and a bit embarrassing for us. We've used those tubes hundreds of times with no problems, I think they might have been a bit large for them. So sorry! Let me know your thoughts.

What a headache! Getting a replacement isn't a guarantee and getting a refund means waiting for a FedEx insurance claim to filed and approved. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for a replacement. If not, I'll opt for a refund. $350 for a damaged print....no way I'm accepting that.

I think it's hilarious that she suggests trying to use heavy books to flatten it out. I should email her back and suggest how to properly pack and ship a tube. They should be more than a bit embarrassed. And there is no way I believe they've used those tubes hundreds of times without any issues....not for a second.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
wenjamin
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:53 am

Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:38 am

it appears that a few folks have already received their prints from White Wall, but i haven't gotten any updates for my pair - wishful thinking that the gallery is holding back shipment until they have a better packing solution?

anyone on the same boat as me who is still waiting for shipping notice from WW? has any prints turn up without notice?
User avatar
dtrain
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 297
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 10:57 am

Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:47 am

email I just got from Rachael @ onethirty3:

Hi

Very sorry about the inconvience this has caused you.

We are sending the prints out over the next few days and will issue you with tracking.

To assure no damage at all all prints are being sent out flat packed between wooden boards.

Kind Regards Rachael
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12340
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:52 am

wenjamin wrote:it appears that a few folks have already received their prints from White Wall, but i haven't gotten any updates for my pair - wishful thinking that the gallery is holding back shipment until they have a better packing solution?

anyone on the same boat as me who is still waiting for shipping notice from WW? has any prints turn up without notice?

didn't get mine yet. going to pick them up in person next weekend.
Image
User avatar
Vytis33
Art Expert
Posts: 2068
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:29 pm

Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:54 am

No shipping notice fom White Walls either. They can go ahead and hold on to mine until they come up with a better packing method.
Post Reply