Hush

General art-related discussion.
hellosir
Art Freak

Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:51 pm

Why don't you just take a deep breath and relax? You'll have an answer in a couple days
RikerKirk
Art Enthusiast

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:09 pm

Got mine today.

They were okay for the most part. I cannot get over the size of the tube they sent the prints in. At least on mine the paper was much bigger than the prints.

The only damage was a bit of corner damage on one of the two. Probably not worth my time to try to get another replacement. The small amount of damage will frame out since I wont be floating them anyway.
lazk
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:24 pm

Sounds like someone got a deal on those big tubes and decided to use them. ANY common sense would tell you the prints would slide inside the tubes.

I feel for you'll.
T.K.C.
retter
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:18 pm

+1 trashed in australia. simply shocking attempt at packing.
MalachiConstant
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:25 pm

ejg904 wrote:how long did it take you guys to hear back from onethirty regarding damaged prints?

still haven't heard anything back
Give Rachel at onethirty3 some time. I know she was in the states this week and is probably on her way back. She responded to me within hours earlier in the week. Her email reply was very helpful and positive. I don't imagine she has stopped responding.
ejg904
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:31 pm

MalachiConstant wrote:
ejg904 wrote:how long did it take you guys to hear back from onethirty regarding damaged prints?

still haven't heard anything back
Give Rachel at onethirty3 some time. I know she was in the states this week and is probably on her way back. She responded to me within hours earlier in the week. Her email reply was very helpful and positive. I don't imagine she has stopped responding.
she's been top notch, i agree - that's why i was a bit surprised i hadn't heard back from here quite yet.

thanks for the info, didn't know she was traveling.

this is turning out to be a nightmare - this is what happens when you try to cut a corner here and there to save a few $$ - this will cost them a fortune reprinting and reshipping all of these.
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?
tranito
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:34 pm

Reprinting, really?
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
roo
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:35 pm

retter wrote:+1 trashed in australia. simply shocking attempt at packing.
I am very sorry to hear that Karim at least the sticker was Ok...... :?
Callaghanx
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Same boat.

Just popped the caps off to take a look, already can see some damage. Not a good sign.. Ill wait till I get home to pull them out and have a proper look. but drymount me.. is it seriously so hard to pack a print.
retter
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:43 pm

at least yours had end caps :?
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:45 pm

tranito wrote:Reprinting, really?
Never happen. Plenty of refunds, but I don't see HUSH reprinting anything...
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
bkboy77
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:47 pm

Callaghanx wrote:
Same boat.

Just popped the caps off to take a look, already can see some damage. Not a good sign.. Ill wait till I get home to pull them out and have a proper look. but drymount me.. is it seriously so hard to pack a print.
I am now so discouraged on buying a print from HUSH again. Don't get me wrong, I love his work. I will buy his OG's but I don't think I can buy a print from him again unless he sorts out this packaging issue.
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.
ejg904
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:02 pm

The packaging has nothing to do with Hush.

This begins and ends with the gallery - who allegedly contracted the packing and shipping out to "professionals," if I recall correctly
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?
kingburdy
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:03 pm

Received my prints today from WhiteWalls, needless to say not mint. One piece of tape on the craft paper would of held the roll tight enough to keep bubble wrap from getting into center of prints. The materials used were fine, why you would leave them loose is beyond me especially for art dealers. Will send email to Tova and see what WW can do?
bkboy77
Art Expert

Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:10 pm

ejg904 wrote:The packaging has nothing to do with Hush.

This begins and ends with the gallery - who allegedly contracted the packing and shipping out to "professionals," if I recall correctly
roo wrote:In my last email, I noted that the prints were to be flat packed, but after consulting Hush, and the packaging company, it was advised that rolling the prints into tubes was the safest option, and so that is what has been done.

Kind regards,

Flora
I don't think so.
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.