Tiny info about a Tiny Media Empire aka Daniel Danger thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
pittidesart
Art Expert
Posts: 2878
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:45 pm

IWish wrote:Selling your product to fund something...no big deal. To ask for a hand-out on his website = lol. I will never understand. Maybe... it started out as a joke for Daniel just to see what would happen.
asking for donations? why does this bother you so much? It literally has NOTHING to do with ya. I see people asking for donations all the time. Sometimes I do, sometimes I dont. But it never bothers me and I am 38. Again, no one HAS TO donate, he even said you would be getting a "Thank you card" for doing it. SO technically you are getting something for that donation.
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
finneganm wrote:You going to start making rugs?
User avatar
theghost206
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:46 pm

IWish wrote:Selling your product to fund something...no big deal. To ask for a hand-out on his website = lol. I will never understand. Maybe... it started out as a joke for Daniel just to see what would happen.
You always seemed like a nice person but it bewilders me why you're so offended by this? Especially after you said you were "done" pages ago. Why keep piling on?
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5637
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:54 pm

theghost206 wrote:
IWish wrote:Selling your product to fund something...no big deal. To ask for a hand-out on his website = lol. I will never understand. Maybe... it started out as a joke for Daniel just to see what would happen.
You always seemed like a nice person but it bewilders me why your so offended by this? Especially after you said you were "done" pages ago. Why keep piling on?
I agree. Not sure why this has set you off the way it has as you have been perfectly nice to me in all the interactions we have had (still use the weight bags you made me).

Bottom line in my mind is - opinions and counter-opinions have been stated. No one appears to be swayed from their opinion. Have an adult beverage and move on with life.

Congrats to LORD KINGSHIT on the upcoming nuptials. Hope many buckets and prints are purchased!
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
User avatar
ccsmd598
Art Expert
Posts: 2021
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:57 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:Image
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 25839
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:58 pm

I fixed the video in my post a couple of pages back.
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8138
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:01 pm

IWish wrote:I refuse to understand.
FTFY
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
finneganm
Art Freak
Posts: 15822
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: NJ

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:07 pm

fredo wrote:I fixed the video in my post a couple of pages back.
Well done
...
...
That's what she said
IWish
Art Expert
Posts: 9668
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 12:23 am

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:09 pm

I hold no anger towards Daniel. I don't know...I'm embarrassed for him for posting it on his website/store.

paul, I'm not refusing to understand. I truly don't understand why it's "okay", (to so many people), to do that.
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Trainee
Posts: 21948
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:17 pm

Because we're a community, many of us actually know each other, many have met or come across or chatted with Daniel at conventions or shows, and basic empathy makes us think that in a similar situation, the contributions of aforementioned community would be a massive help to us and therefore there's some compulsion to help others as well?

Or we're all just crazy people. Take your pick.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
ccsmd598
Art Expert
Posts: 2021
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:19 pm

You're perfectly allowed to question it, but at this point you've been given an answer directly from Daniel, so what more are you trying to get out of this? You say you're embarrassed for Daniel but respectfully I'm embarrassed for you for continuing this outlandish line of questionIng.
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
User avatar
Sniffer85
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 548
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:14 pm

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:23 pm

DD is one of a small minority of artists that actually interact with our community, if I was in a bar I'd buy him a beer, and I am happy to stick $10 into his home DIY project, good luck to him :pint:
User avatar
technique
Art Expert
Posts: 3426
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:39 am
Location: Cincinnati
Contact:

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:24 pm

Image
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT
Posts: 1727
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:00 am

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:25 pm

I'm not embarassed.
User avatar
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak
Posts: 18000
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:27 pm

danieldanger wrote:I'm not embarassed.

Why are you taking donations tho? Please explain


Ps where is the 9.99 option. It's all I have!
Image
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8138
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:31 pm

IWish wrote:I hold no anger towards Daniel. I don't know...I'm embarrassed for him for posting it on his website/store.

paul, I'm not refusing to understand. I truly don't understand why it's "okay", (to so many people), to do that.
after the convos we had where i laid it out for you, and after all these pages, including artists, and people who are getting married as well. you still sit here and refuse to empathize with the situation?

You don't have to answer this question, but who paid for your wedding? No one has ever helped you out before in your life? you've never been in a bind and asked someone for help?

It's okay because it was optional, it's ok because weddings are drymounting expensive, it's ok because he is gonna send a thank you card, it's ok because you brought it up here not him, it's ok because you just need to let it go at this point.

you said you were done hours ago and yet you are still here.

If this is the hill you are going to die on, so be it. But don't sit here and go 'i dont understand why everyone is being so mean'. when you are refusing to try and understand a different perspective on the situation.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Post Reply