Tiny info about a Tiny Media Empire aka Daniel Danger thread

General art-related discussion.
cmatthews11
Art Expert

Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:33 pm

matowest wrote:I'll donate three times if you put up a Tenebaums. On top of the Tenenbaums price, obvs. I hear it's rare as balls
Only Danger I have framed in my house currently.
danieldanger wrote:on a site where people buy $100 Home Alone 2 prints.
:lol:
mfaith wrote:
cmatthews11 wrote:I find it hilarious that this would bother some one of you...
Fair! Although I'm sure some others are thinking it...
finneganm
Art Freak

Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:36 pm

This is like 9/11 times the Holocaust
That's what she said
PLUSH
Art Expert

Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:37 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
danieldanger wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:I only put in for the bucket because I'm gonna flip the fudge out of those thank you cards, especially since they're gonna be mini Corrina Corrina prints.
RARE DANIEL DANGER THANK YOU CARD NOT BANKSY NOT HORKEY BIN IN-HAND EBAY GOLD.
HOW DO YOU KNOW MY EBAY LISTING WTF
IWish wrote:Daniel, you are the only artists that I know of that has done something, (tasteless), like that. Beggars gonna' beg, I guess.
We live in an era when, real talk, medical expenses are putting people to using gofundme and the next generation is increasingly burdened to the point of living with their parents until later and later in life. It's not a tasteless thing to ask for help, certainly in this day and age, when the request isn't unreasonable - but I suppose what's reasonable is up to the individual.

So true. Had a 100k medical bill this year, no insurance, no gofundme page, Chapter 7 here I come.
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:40 pm

also, and i cant believe were still doing this, but i clearly state im going to send people a card. itll probably be a nice card because im an illustrator.
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:45 pm

cmatthews11 wrote: Fair! Although I'm sure some others are thinking it...
Of course they are, but won't say anything.
danieldanger wrote:also, and i cant believe were still doing this, but i clearly state im going to send people a card. itll probably be a nice card because im an illustrator.
You have a lot of sob stories. I'm done.

Carry on....
alteridiom
Art Expert

Glady threw some cash in the bucket. I view it like Patreon.

My dollars are votes. I choose to vote for more art from this guy. If you want to vote for more baby-back ribs from Applebee's instead, that's your choice. The more corporate, mass-produced junk you vote for the less authentic fudge that speaks truth we are gonna get.

I've gotten $20 worth of laughs and inspiration from DD. I guess some don't feel that way. This further illustrates the lost art of ignoring.
Small town pizza lawyer
jkw3000
EB Team

PLUSH wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:
danieldanger wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:I only put in for the bucket because I'm gonna flip the fudge out of those thank you cards, especially since they're gonna be mini Corrina Corrina prints.
RARE DANIEL DANGER THANK YOU CARD NOT BANKSY NOT HORKEY BIN IN-HAND EBAY GOLD.
HOW DO YOU KNOW MY EBAY LISTING WTF
IWish wrote:Daniel, you are the only artists that I know of that has done something, (tasteless), like that. Beggars gonna' beg, I guess.
We live in an era when, real talk, medical expenses are putting people to using gofundme and the next generation is increasingly burdened to the point of living with their parents until later and later in life. It's not a tasteless thing to ask for help, certainly in this day and age, when the request isn't unreasonable - but I suppose what's reasonable is up to the individual.

So true. Had a 100k medical bill this year, no insurance, no gofundme page, Chapter 7 here I come.
Already had to file after 5 years in this hobby. #fancypaperpoorchoices
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:46 pm

IWish wrote:
cmatthews11 wrote: Fair! Although I'm sure some others are thinking it...
Of course they are, but won't say anything.
danieldanger wrote:also, and i cant believe were still doing this, but i clearly state im going to send people a card. itll probably be a nice card because im an illustrator.
You have a lot of sob stories. I'm done.

Carry on....

Don't you have some bags to be stuffing. :hanging:
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:47 pm

lol at lolterally everylol
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:48 pm

IWish wrote:You have a lot of sob stories.
Really read this sentence back to yourself slowly.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
pewter14
EB Team

Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:49 pm

Turn away for 30 minutes and get three pages full.

Personally, I'm more insulted by mystery tube sales pimped with one highly sought after print then a gentle ask for a $10 donation for an artist's wedding. Lord Kingshit's probably saving people money.

But again, no one's forcing anyone to donate.

Seems like a silly callout.

EDIT --- PS, congrats on the wedding DD, hope you and the future Mrs. Kingshit have a good one.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:52 pm

I get the point, but I'll give credit that DD's been on here a LOT and far more than many artists and there's a certain respect/familiarity that comes with it (and certainly from putting up with us). Many of us know him personally. We're a community and sometimes we stick out for each other for some unknown but certainly godforsaken reason.
matowest
Art Expert

Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:56 pm

Plus, ya know, again...he didn't solicit for donations on EB...it's on his own site
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:57 pm

And screw this entire line of discussion it totally cost me lock and key I HATE THIS PLACE AND YOU ALL WITH IT.
Celsius
Flipper

Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:59 pm

jkw3000 wrote:I get the point, but I'll give credit that DD's been on here a LOT and far more than many artists and there's a certain respect/familiarity that comes with it (and certainly from putting up with us). Many of us know him personally. We're a community and sometimes we stick out for each other for some unknown but certainly godforsaken reason.
This. D. Danger is one of the few artists that still hang out on expresso -- which is really awesome -- and I happily sent a small congrats without a second thought. Don't know him personally, but met him once and dude couldn't have been nicer. Took the time to sign my Game of Thrones prints too. And plus, weddings are expensive, you know?
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club