Tiny info about a Tiny Media Empire aka Daniel Danger thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
TyrisFlare
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:50 pm

Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:51 am

$300? Dey goin for half dat on the bay. Duke must be preppin for dat divorce #bloodsuckinlawyers
User avatar
iambillyg
Art Freak
Posts: 10330
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:14 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:53 am

Image
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8120
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:11 am

can someone tell codeblue his intern has gone off the reservation
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4474
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:12 am

35mmpaul wrote:can someone tell codeblue his intern has gone off the reservation
actual-lol
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51229
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:58 am

He ain't wrong tho as far as the price drop off. Where's the rn duke skiing down a hill gif?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5628
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:19 pm

Codeblue wrote:He ain't wrong tho as far as the price drop off. Where's the rn duke skiing down a hill gif?
Is it hard to type the as the every time? I do it once in a while, I would have to think about it to do it every time. Do you have your autocorrect change it?
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
User avatar
piper27
Art Expert
Posts: 1143
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:52 pm
Location: Stewart, Mn

Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:53 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
Codeblue wrote:He ain't wrong tho as far as the price drop off. Where's the rn duke skiing down a hill gif?
Is it hard to type the as the every time? I do it once in a while, I would have to think about it to do it every time. Do you have your autocorrect change it?
I was always curious how that worked too
Codeblue wrote:Try vigorously rubbing yer peen on it several times.
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:56 pm

Duke's certainly dedicated to his craft.
So it goes...
User avatar
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert
Posts: 1589
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:49 pm
Location: STL
Contact:

Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:38 pm

Who is duke?
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Trainee
Posts: 21740
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:37 am

Image
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4474
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:04 am

^that gif's getting some serious play for you today
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Trainee
Posts: 21740
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:26 am

hunterjax wrote:^that gif's getting some serious play for you today
Not like it can't be used daily around these parts.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
mistersmith
Art Freak
Posts: 13557
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:09 am
Location: SF, CA

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:02 pm

danieldanger wrote:drayage costs within the hall
I used to be a tradeshow carpenter: the union rates for stuff like this are absurd. I don't know who's in charge of the floor and drayage in SD (probably Teamsters) but it's a total racket. You almost certainly can't bring your booth in on foot, but if you stick all your prints in a large portfolio bag that might work. The less it looks like freight the more likely you are to be able to carry it into a booth with you.

Also very generally, the more West Coast a city was the more laid back it was. The stuff I did in LA, Anaheim, SF, the show floors were pretty laid back. But if a client so much as screwed in a light bulb in Philly or NYC, an electrician or carpenter would come running over starting a fistfight screaming about "you're stealing food out of my kids' mouths!" and then billing the exhibitor 4 hours for their 20 seconds of work. So maybe in SD it'll be easy to avoid the nonsense.

Anyway, try to carry stuff in. Ship it to your hotel room and just deal with the lazy door "security guards." It's a scam. Good luck.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5628
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:20 am

mistersmith wrote:
danieldanger wrote:drayage costs within the hall
I used to be a tradeshow carpenter: the union rates for stuff like this are absurd. I don't know who's in charge of the floor and drayage in SD (probably Teamsters) but it's a total racket. You almost certainly can't bring your booth in on foot, but if you stick all your prints in a large portfolio bag that might work. The less it looks like freight the more likely you are to be able to carry it into a booth with you.

Also very generally, the more West Coast a city was the more laid back it was. The stuff I did in LA, Anaheim, SF, the show floors were pretty laid back. But if a client so much as screwed in a light bulb in Philly or NYC, an electrician or carpenter would come running over starting a fistfight screaming about "you're stealing food out of my kids' mouths!" and then billing the exhibitor 4 hours for their 20 seconds of work. So maybe in SD it'll be easy to avoid the nonsense.

Anyway, try to carry stuff in. Ship it to your hotel room and just deal with the lazy door "security guards." It's a scam. Good luck.
Yep. When I used to go to trade shows with my old company, the east coast trade unions would have someone sitting by the loading doors. If you tried to carry so much as a box yourself, they would start screaming. Really surprised the crap out of me how militant they were until we got the bill, It was insane the amount they charged for things.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8120
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:57 am

I've heard this is one of the bigger reasons Mondo has skipped NYCC for the last few years. (not including they had Mondocon)
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Post Reply