very nice score rmoore. I need to hurry up and grab a copy of that. :shock:
mkuborn
Art Expert

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:35 am

Celsius wrote:
mlinderer wrote:
Celsius wrote:http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq15 ... uff009.jpg

what is the name of this print?
Is his copy a different unlisted color? Doesn't look like the gray one.
Nah it is the grey one, it just has some greyish-blue hues.
mlinderer wrote:Some of you might remember a few months back that Daniel Danger was selling a few random things on his site and he posted a "tube-o-stuff" that probably lasted a minute before it was snatched up. Well I've been hoarding its contents to myself until now so I thought it was time to share.
HOLY CRAP.
Never seen the grey walking dead, that is epic. Is that a tinted version of the recent letterpress or one of the pieces from the rottofugi show? Epic man.

Anyone seen this:

mlinderer
Art Expert

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:47 am

mkuborn wrote:
mlinderer wrote:Some of you might remember a few months back that Daniel Danger was selling a few random things on his site and he posted a "tube-o-stuff" that probably lasted a minute before it was snatched up. Well I've been hoarding its contents to myself until now so I thought it was time to share.
HOLY CRAP.
Never seen the grey walking dead, that is epic. Is that a tinted version of the recent letterpress or one of the pieces from the rottofugi show? Epic man.

Anyone seen this:

The walking dead must be a one-off that was done as a test. It's just numbered "XO"

As for the escape print. It is a letterpress with watercolor. In fact it is the same one that is shone in DD's post from a while back. I'm guessing this is the only one that made it through the test phase.
danieldanger wrote:Image
honestly, the escape prints were supposed to be hand painted with watercolor washes. but the paper i picked was waaay too soft for water, so it took the plates really nicely for the slight embossing, but it started breaking up after two washes, and DERRRR.... letterpress inks are oil based. idiot move on my part. didnt work.
I have not seen that new image yet. Where did you find it? It looks very promising.
xjmjx
Art Expert

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:20 am

mkuborn wrote: HOLY CRAP.

Anyone seen this:

That's fantastic!

Is this one of DDs?

http://www.polyvinylrecords.com/store/index.php?id=452
mlinderer
Art Expert

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:25 am

xjmjx wrote:
That's fantastic!

Is this one of DDs?

http://www.polyvinylrecords.com/store/index.php?id=452
He has done work for Aloha before, so it could be. There are some elements in that image that could be DD's but some are different from what we typically see from Daniel.
xjmjx
Art Expert

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:10 pm

Those were my thoughts as well.
xjmjx
Art Expert

Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:06 pm

mkuborn wrote:
Anyone seen this:

Any word on this?
rmoore
Art Expert

Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:48 pm

rmoore wrote:Just picked up this beauty off of craigslist for $100, professionally framed and ready to hang. Been ISO this one for a couple years now. And the best part is I can get a thin mat and swap it out with Wet Teeth or Wolf Guard 11!

Got my thin mat cut and put Wolf Guard in the same frame; it turned out nice! It works better than Something Out There for the low lighting I get in this room.

tdimatt
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:13 pm

looks great!
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Ya I really like the thin mat. I'm gonna start going that route instead of spacers. Looks awesome!
rmoore
Art Expert

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:47 pm

dasponyboy wrote:Ya I really like the thin mat. I'm gonna start going that route instead of spacers. Looks awesome!
Thanks, but it still hurts that it cost me $40 to get that tiny little mat cut. I need a mat cutter. :hanging:
mlinderer
Art Expert

Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:25 am

There's nothing out there definitely needs a well lit space. I moved mine from a hallway to a room with a window and it made all the difference.
mlinderer
Art Expert

Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:28 am

rmoore wrote:
dasponyboy wrote:Ya I really like the thin mat. I'm gonna start going that route instead of spacers. Looks awesome!
Thanks, but it still hurts that it cost me $40 to get that tiny little mat cut. I need a mat cutter. :hanging:
I've had my framer in the past give me the cut out since I paid for it anyways and then take it in at a later date and tell him to use it on a smaller piece and he would only charge labor and nothing extra for materials.
Celsius
Flipper

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:20 am

Hey Daniel,

Can you please post a larger jpeg of your print? I'd love to see the details.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club