Jeff Soto - Seeker friends wood prints

General art-related discussion.
saL
Art Expert

Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:19 pm

Jeff announced another timed release wood print (among few other things):

"Seeker Friends - #1 Roller Skater"

6" x 6" UV print on sustainable FSC certified 3/4" plywood. Comes ready to hang, and is signed and numbered on front. This is the first print in a series of these little guys (and girls). The idea is to keep the prints easily accessible and affordable, so you can get only the ones you like, or collect the whole set!

This is a timed edition and will be available for one day only, starting April 5 at noon PST and will be available for 24 hours @ PrintsOnWood for $25.

$1 from every print sold goes to PlantABillion.org and will plant one tree!
nickjelly
New User

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:22 am

Looking forward to this. The potatostamp countdown clock just ticked down to zero. I think it was set to GMT! A few hours to go....
zefarrett
Art Freak

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:06 am

saL wrote: $1 from every print sold goes to PlantABillion.org and will plant one tree!
Don't get me wrong, I'm FAR from an environmentalist (i don't even recycle), but doesn't this seem kind counter productive? A timed release that could hypothetically (but it 110% won't) sell a million pieces on 6x6 wood and for each one sold a tree is planted. Lol
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
jools
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:46 am

zefarrett wrote:
saL wrote: $1 from every print sold goes to PlantABillion.org and will plant one tree!
Don't get me wrong, I'm FAR from an environmentalist (i don't even recycle), but doesn't this seem kind counter productive? A timed release that could hypothetically (but it 110% won't) sell a million pieces on 6x6 wood and for each one sold a tree is planted. Lol
don't get me wrong, i'm far from a mathematician, but 1 million times 6x6 pieces of wood vs 1 million trees...i'd say the treehuggers would still have somethin to hug :P
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
Loews

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:24 am

zefarrett wrote:I'm FAR from an environmentalist (i don't even recycle)
And you have a football player avatar. Nice to meet you, winner.

Also, learn math.
Baker
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:50 am

Snow Owl looks great, im sure this will too. Im in for one.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
skary
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:15 am

Gonna be buying this collection for my 2 girls my 3 year old saw a pic and was like oh I need that for my room.
SunflowerSeeds
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:36 am

Anyone have any idea what kind of time frame will be between each release of these little guys? Im already impatient.
zefarrett
Art Freak

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:46 am

Loews wrote:

Also, learn math.
Not really sure why you are attacking me. I'm not an idiot, I'm in law school. What are you doing with your life? If you want to get all mathematical, what about all the factors you have to take in including the newly planted trees dying or animals destroying them? Also, do you not like football? You must totally feel awesome going against society. Let me guess, you're a hipster who right this moment is in skinny jeans, a flannel shirt, and have black framed glasses. You like things before they are cool and once others like them you find a new AWESOME thing! Guess what buddy, more and more people are finding out about the poster business, so you better find something else.
Keep up that douche bag mentality, it will get you real far! :clap:
me owwww
chump1039
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:14 pm

seems the countdown clock on the site is based on your local clock/timezone. for me it says onsale now!
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:19 pm

saL wrote: 6" x 6" UV print
This has to do with how the ink is cured right? Drying through exposure to UV light? It isn't like... coating in UV protection or anything huh.
fnord
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:24 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:
saL wrote: 6" x 6" UV print
This has to do with how the ink is cured right? Drying through exposure to UV light? It isn't like... coating in UV protection or anything huh.
yeah I think you're right. Seems like the ink is applied via inkjet or something like that and simultaneously cured with UV light

DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
Asoli
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:26 pm

zefarrett wrote:
Loews wrote:

Also, learn math.
Not really sure why you are attacking me. I'm not an idiot, I'm in law school. What are you doing with your life? If you want to get all mathematical, what about all the factors you have to take in including the newly planted trees dying or animals destroying them? Also, do you not like football? You must totally feel awesome going against society. Let me guess, you're a hipster who right this moment is in skinny jeans, a flannel shirt, and have black framed glasses. You like things before they are cool and once others like them you find a new AWESOME thing! Guess what buddy, more and more people are finding out about the poster business, so you better find something else.
Which law school?
zefarrett
Art Freak

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:27 pm

wompa164 wrote:
zefarrett wrote:
Loews wrote:

Also, learn math.
This thread is cool.
If logically you are implying for him to get the drymount out, I concur! :lol:
Back on topic, it reminds me of a real version of Spusta's hairball. I like it :clap: Image
Asoli: University of Baltimore
me owwww
mattlew69
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:33 pm

I have an OG of one of these little buggers.

I hope he makes a wood print of it! :D