John Baizley Thread

General art-related discussion.
xjmjx
Art Expert

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:07 pm

pathways wrote:Mini print sets! Available at the next punx picnic:

So I had a guy PB these last night, I exchanged a couple of emails with him and then a call. The sets were $35 a piece or 1 for $15. He was under the impression that John wouldn't sell him two (I had two peeps that were interested in a set) sets. After the conversation I haven't heard back from him yet this AM. He also said that John mentioned that he didn't know if he would make any more.
brinx
Art Enthusiast

Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:56 am

Permafrost looks spectacular in person.
xjmjx
Art Expert

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:41 am

Just found out my PB got me one, sorry guys, just one. Very happy! :clap:
pathways wrote:Mini print sets! Available at the next punx picnic:

pathways
Art Expert

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:45 am

Woo, congrats! I'd be lying if I didn't say I was super jelly though :twisted:.
Image Image
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:25 pm

:clap:
BRLSQ wrote:EBAYING THE PERMAFROST

eBay is a great place to find, among other things, limited edition and hard-to-find prints. As producers of some of these prints, we find eBay to be a double-edged sword. On one hand, it's great that there is a place where collectors can find prints of ours that we no longer have available. On the other hand, it sucks seeing prints of ours go up for sale minutes after they're purchased from our site... before we've even had a chance to wrap up and ship one single print.

What you do with a print of ours once it's in your possession is 100% your business. If you want to frame it, sell it on eBay, give it to a friend, or use it as a table covering for a seafood boil, that's your decision to make. However, if you're trying to sell something that you don't even have in your own hands and could end up getting lost or damaged on its way to your hands, it's lame and we don't approve. We even mention this in our store's FAQ.

Last week, our new Beyond The Permafrost print sold out very quickly. Within minutes of our own onsale beginning, we saw copies of Permafrost up for sale on eBay for double, even triple the original price. In the meantime, we were hearing from dozens of people who were bummed the print sold out before they had a chance to purchase it. This not only bothered us, but it bothered John Baizley, who has been excited to work with us to bring his gorgeous prints to the world at a reasonable price.

As promised in our store's FAQ, we were able to identify several eBay members who were prematurely listing their Permafrost prints. We cancelled their orders and refunded their payments so we could get these prints into the hands of collectors and Baizley fans who actually want to enjoy owning.

Please play by this simple rule and help us make sure that poster lovers can get the posters they're looking for at a fair price.
Presence
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:30 pm

Now that's pretty cool.
murdock
Art Expert

Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:44 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
tomdon
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:54 pm

I wonder if you get flagged after that as well. Can't wait to see this in the flesh, or bone. Super excited.
dsanacore
Art Expert

Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:59 pm

Good job Burlesque! :clap:
Image Image
DMSrabbit
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:16 pm

dsanacore wrote:Good job Burlesque! :clap:
Coolest thing I have seen in quite some time. Keep it up Burlesque!!
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:51 pm

DMSrabbit wrote:
POW have been doing that for years.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:06 pm

Bralumian wrote:
DMSrabbit wrote:
POW have been doing that for years.
...and Fairey...and Danger.....and Emek......and Ferg.......and most other artists that care about getting their artwork into the hands of their fans.

I think it would be fun to track down the insta-flippers and send out the nasty email. Almost as much fun as being a cop, searching backpage, and setting up prostitution stings. Its like shooting fish in a barrel, but before shooting the fish, you get a little massage out of the deal. :lol:

I don't get what so hard about waiting an extra couple weeks before you sell it. Not a fan of it, but wait until you see it and touch it, at least. I understand the money/hype/huge profit thing, but come on, have some ding-dang patience.
xjmjx
Art Expert

Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:54 pm

I ask you fine peeps a simple (although I'm sure, predictable-to-answer) question. I didn't have the scratch at the time for Permafrost. Will the after market of this go down at all?
tomdon
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:06 am

Lower than the top number now, probably. But how long, who knows. I would say it depends on how many want to take it at first flush. This thing is pretty good and sold out rather quickly for how crappy site was. It fought not to give them out.
dsanacore
Art Expert

Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:18 am

I dunno, not too many are being flipped and I think a lot of people are gonna want to hold onto this when they see it in person. I doubt the price will drop much more below it's current level.
Image Image