Mark Englert?

General art-related discussion.
finalfilppula
Art Expert

Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Sceazy wrote:Damnit, I need that variant!
What's the difference?

Wink.
dearmrecho
Art Expert

Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:06 pm

cmatthews11 wrote:Made my first dive into Mark's work and picked up Det er en Slags Ting ... can't wait to see it in person. :D
Great print... still my favourite of his.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:41 am

Took this quickly this morning before work. It's a terrible capture, that is completely out of focus, but I wanted to try to get the GID for those curious.

No tripod and a 30 second exposure =

TheBlack
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:53 am

So I think I just received the tube for You Are My Lucky Star - green variant from g1988. Anybody have any idea how I get this tube open? (metal ends)
rmoore
Art Expert

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:54 am

TheBlack wrote:So I think I just received the tube for You Are My Lucky Star - green variant from g1988. Anybody have any idea how I get this tube open? (metal ends)
Cut the tape all the way around that's about a quarter of the way down from the top of the tube. The top part of the tube should come off, then.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:56 am

rmoore wrote:
TheBlack wrote:So I think I just received the tube for You Are My Lucky Star - green variant from g1988. Anybody have any idea how I get this tube open? (metal ends)
Cut the tape all the way around that's about a quarter of the way down from the top of the tube.
I remember having a very frustrating time on those type of tubes before I learned about this.
rmoore
Art Expert

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:07 am

iambillyg wrote:
rmoore wrote:
Cut the tape all the way around that's about a quarter of the way down from the top of the tube.
I remember having a very frustrating time on those type of tubes before I learned about this.
I once got medieval on one with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch.
RelaxingDragon
Art Expert

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:18 am

rmoore wrote:
iambillyg wrote:
rmoore wrote:
I've still got the bent remains of at least one Mondo endcap that I went to town on with those pliers.

Honestly, I never figured to just take the tube off at that cut. It never occurred to me, and instead I was getting angry with a can opener.
sigma722
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:28 am

iambillyg wrote:
rmoore wrote:
ImageImage
TheBlack
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:33 am

rmoore wrote:
Cut the tape all the way around that's about a quarter of the way down from the top of the tube. The top part of the tube should come off, then.
Got it! :D
#200, nice number too!
ircollins
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:45 am

RelaxingDragon wrote: Honestly, I never figured to just take the tube off at that cut. It never occurred to me, and instead I was getting angry with a can opener.

Hah I did the same thing and used a can opener for one of my prints from them. Damn near cut my finger.
Image Image
Marty85
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:39 pm

rmoore wrote:
iambillyg wrote:
rmoore wrote:
skary
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:34 pm

Pic of My two girls
I can't wait for mark to start taking orders for the big zombie drawings inked we should get first dibs ;) ;) nudge nudge
So glad someone helped me out to get one of these since I missed all the sales.

And here is the source photo
Last edited by skary on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anocur
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:57 pm

ircollins wrote:
RelaxingDragon wrote: Honestly, I never figured to just take the tube off at that cut. It never occurred to me, and instead I was getting angry with a can opener.

Hah I did the same thing and used a can opener for one of my prints from them. Damn near cut my finger.
I should have thought of that... nice.
appletree wrote:People hang this stuff up? I thought it was supposed to go under my bed, gain value, and then make me some phat money? limited paper mayne
LtDeditionart
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:23 pm

Just a head up for everyone the remaining 200 of The Oldest and Most Mighty Race in The Universe will be online this Sunday the 7th of October at 9pm BST