Mark Englert?

General art-related discussion.
markenglert
Art Expert

Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:36 pm

Also, my refund policy is very simple... if I haven't sent you something and you want your money back, let me know and it's yours.
Hellboy
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:12 pm

FROBAY wrote:Congrats to the Sub Holders. I failed at my attempt to secure a spot.

Im still waiting on my Zombie Portrait and some prints I ordered in 2012. Lucky Star and Oldest Mighty race and some GOT prints I sent to Mark to sign.

Anybody else waiting on the Zombie portrait? Just curious if I'm the only one.
jimbobiii wrote:
You are not the only one...
markenglert wrote:
There's a couple of folks... Haunts me every day. I am working on them...
markenglert wrote:Also, my refund policy is very simple... if I haven't sent you something and you want your money back, let me know and it's yours.
2 years?!? :(

Sorry Mark but if somebody has waited that long I don't think a refund is what they're looking for. I get being busy and all and I think everyone that follows you is sympathetic in regards to your past situation. That being said, and I may take some heat for this comment, but whatever, I think there is something to be said for taking care of your long time supporters and prior commitments before moving onto new projects.
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:15 pm

you shouldn't catch heat over that. having to wait 2 years for something while he is constantly churning out more stuff is bullshit.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:17 pm

it's more of a commission though. Maybe it's been a little while but in my experience it's always better to wait than voice concerns & most of the time unless it's David O Daniel the artist makes up for the wait cause they do feel bad.

People have had to wait YEARS for commissions from artists before. Jimbob is waiting & he still wanted to try for Mark's sub. Things happen & plans change. Mark will make it right with the people waiting.
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
markenglert
Art Expert

Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:18 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Sorry Mark but if somebody has waited that long I don't think a refund is what they're looking for. I get being busy and all and I think everyone that follows you is sympathetic in regards to your past situation. That being said, and I may take some heat for this comment, but whatever, I think there is something to be said for taking care of your long time supporters and prior commitments before moving onto new projects.
I'm confident that I take care of people... I answer emails and keep folks up to date with what I am up to. I've given folks the option for me to just send their prints and then the portraits later, or just refund... everyone who has been waiting have been extremely patient and I've sent a bunch out. Not everyone posts here when they get theirs.

I'm still working on them and will get them all out. I agree that 2 years is a ridiculous time to wait, but I don't more to offer than completing the work when I am able, or a refund. It's not the kind of thing I want to rush out quick to just get people off my back, I want these portraits to be great.

In hindsight, I sold more than I ought to have. I am working on a couple right now... I'll post pics later.
Hellboy
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:25 pm

GiantBoyDective wrote:it's more of a commission though. Maybe it's been a little while but in my experience it's always better to wait than voice concerns & most of the time unless it's David O Daniel the artist makes up for the wait cause they do feel bad.

People have had to wait YEARS for commissions from artists before. Jimbob is waiting & he still wanted to try for Mark's sub. Things happen & plans change. Mark will make it right with the people waiting.
While it is something "extra" we're talking about a handful of signatures and a sketch. Hardly equivalent to a full on commission. Heck you could probably have the signatures done in the same amount of time it takes to make 3 posts in this thread. :roll:
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:34 pm

sketch? are you really comparing

this

to actual quick sketches
(not to say I don't want that Zelda fug u cel)
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
Navinabob
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:42 pm

Unless time is of the essence, it takes as long as it takes. Would I want my stuff to take that long? No. Nor would I be happy if it did. But I'd understand it, because it's worth it. I asked Mark for goofy sketches that took time to do, and I was more then happy to get what I got. On each request I ended it with "Or do whatever you want because I trust you" and each time Mark took my first idea an put a spin on it that made it better. He could have just pumped out one that he just did for someone else, but he didn't.

I gave him the chance to take the easy road and he declined each time and put me first. Mark has a fan for life.
1nkling
Site Admin

Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:44 pm

Glargh.. Englert for the Ghostbusters show at G88?

< Insert takemymoney.gif >
My up to date trades and ISOs.
Sceazy
Art Expert

Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:13 pm

1nkling wrote:Glargh.. Englert for the Ghostbusters show at G88?

WHAT?!?!?!
Definitely going to need whatever Mark is doing for Ghostbusters
ryanfromindiana wrote:drymount all of you crying about missing, you probably aren't even true fans.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArtPrint/
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:15 pm

Sceazy wrote:

WHAT?!?!?!
I already have it and I will trade it for a LTROI :pint:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Sceazy
Art Expert

Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:19 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
Sceazy wrote:

WHAT?!?!?!
I already have it and I will trade it for a LTROI :pint:
Sounds about right. Done!
ryanfromindiana wrote:drymount all of you crying about missing, you probably aren't even true fans.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArtPrint/
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:13 pm

markenglert wrote:
FROBAY wrote:Congrats to the Sub Holders. I failed at my attempt to secure a spot.

Im still waiting on my Zombie Portrait and some prints I ordered in 2012. Lucky Star and Oldest Mighty race and some GOT prints I sent to Mark to sign.

Anybody else waiting on the Zombie portrait? Just curious if I'm the only one.
There's a couple of folks... Haunts me every day. I am working on them...
Ok, cool. I came in here just to ask about it since I haven't received a reply to any (just a few) messages/emails over the past year.
jimmysleftbrain
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:33 pm

Any hints on the piece for the 10yr g1988 show?
AK57BS
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:48 pm

Here's a hint:

ImageImageImageImage Image Image