Mark Englert?

General art-related discussion.
bigmclargehuge1
Art Expert

Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:48 pm

Superfro33 wrote:Ok you guys. Apparently I owe Saul an apology about this entire thing. I was informed via PM that his auction was in fact a troll. Man...am I embarrassed!! :oops: I was also informed that I'm a "lifeless drymount", and while I appreciate any opportunity for constructive feedback and personal introspection, I'm assuming the troll part was the the main point here really so I won't confuse the issue.

In hindsight I've never known Saul to even flip a print, and certainly not instantly, and MOST certainly not to be black listed by other artists or anything for doing such, so I was definitely wrong to jump to such a conclusion. Also, it was really clever to start the BIN price at like $2,000 and then drop it down to $1,600, because when you go for the troll, making the price more and more enticing (or desperate as a person with obviously less intellect may view it) is really how you go about it. Job well done sir! You are a master!

:allhail:

So thanks for the enlightening PMs, and again, sorry for all the confusion and conclusion jumping. I hope I did not do any long term harm to anyone's heretofore spotless view of you as anything but an absolute pillar of this community. High five bro!
post of the day!
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:51 pm

Superfro33 wrote:Ok you guys. Apparently I owe Saul an apology about this entire thing. I was informed via PM that his auction was in fact a troll. Man...am I embarrassed!! :oops: I was also informed that I'm a "lifeless drymount", and while I appreciate any opportunity for constructive feedback and personal introspection, I'm assuming the troll part was the the main point here really so I won't confuse the issue.

In hindsight I've never known Saul to even flip a print, and certainly not instantly, and MOST certainly not to be black listed by other artists or anything for doing such, so I was definitely wrong to jump to such a conclusion. Also, it was really clever to start the BIN price at like $2,000 and then drop it down to $1,600, because when you go for the troll, making the price more and more enticing (or desperate as a person with obviously less intellect may view it) is really how you go about it. Job well done sir! You are a master!

:allhail:

So thanks for the enlightening PMs, and again, sorry for all the confusion and conclusion jumping. I hope I did not do any long term harm to anyone's heretofore spotless view of you as anything but an absolute pillar of this community. High five bro!
Wouldn't a "lifeless drymount" be someone who tries to flip an entire sub? I mean seriously, wasn't this meant for fans of Mark's work? I debated getting a sub but ultimately passed because I felt like there were others out there who wanted it more than me, not because I didn't think it was a good deal moneywise. If I were Mark I'd toss his ass out and open up a spot to a real fan who missed out.

I mean why go through all the trouble of opening up a facebook group, print voting contests, etc... if the goal here was to get non-fans a great deal on prints to flip? I definitely don't see a problem if members end up selling a couple of sub prints here and there. Not every subject Mark tackles is gonna be right up everyone's alley. That said, dude is unloading every single sub print before a single damn print has been released. Seems really slimy, IMO.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:26 pm

fro thx for the PMs :rolling:

holy fudge what a crybaby. sorry you got caught with your hands in the cookie jar. I'm sure you're telling the truth though like fro said. I've never seen you list a print for x3 x4 on EB 5 mins after the drop. This is probably a big misunderstanding :rolling:
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:50 pm

a.) this is probably the best thing ever. fro and gbd feel so powerful right now. :lol: Keyboard warriors, unite!

b.) it was a joke, a bet actually, you can believe it or not. that's all I'm going to say about it.

carry on with the flame war...
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:53 pm

did BNE sign into your acnt?
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:59 pm

BetterCallSaul wrote: b.) it was a joke, a bet actually, you can believe it or not. that's all I'm going to say about it.
No one believes it was a joke. Don't insult our intelligence.
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:00 pm

jrsheppa wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote: b.) it was a joke, a bet actually, you can believe it or not. that's all I'm going to say about it.
Especially from someone with the reputation as a flipper.
Last edited by Timbrh2001 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
veltri
Art Expert

Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:00 pm

jrsheppa wrote:
Maybe Mike Mitchell believes it was a joke. :wink:
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:01 pm

veltri wrote:
jrsheppa wrote:
Maybe Mike Mitchell believes it was a joke. :wink:
great callback
Image #trollcru
Superfro33
Art Expert

Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:23 pm

Superfro33 wrote:My money was on you doubling down and owning it, but I have to say you trying to spin the entire thing as a troll is inspired. I mean it'll fail but good effort none the less.
dutchflowers
Art Expert

Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:24 pm

Timbrh2001 wrote:... If I were Mark I'd toss his ass out and open up a spot to a real fan who missed out.

I mean why go through all the trouble of opening up a facebook group, print voting contests, etc... if the goal here was to get non-fans a great deal on prints to flip? I definitely don't see a problem if members end up selling a couple of sub prints here and there. Not every subject Mark tackles is gonna be right up everyone's alley. That said, dude is unloading every single sub print before a single damn print has been released. Seems really slimy, IMO.
Well said Timbrh.
That's awesome to hear that Saul took a spot from a real fan like myself who got shut out. And to be flipping his sub for 4x cost minutes after the onsale time... upstanding fellow. :hanging:
I wish Mark would take BetterCallSaul's spot away and auction it on ebay himself! That would be justice.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:31 pm

Well, I for one believe him - dude never lies.

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 1#p1832061

What'd you win from the bet?
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:32 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:Well, I for one believe him - dude never lies.

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 1#p1832061

What'd you win from the bet?
bsutter11

Shouldn't be hard for Mark to figure out what sub member BCS is (if he wanted to), haha.
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:35 pm

yep, not a real fan of Englert. That's why I have several of his pieces framed, including "It's a Dinosaur" with a Bart Simpson sketch prominently hanging over the tv in my living room..

I'm all about the flip though, guys. Especially since after securing a sub I sold my New Eden I scored from Bottleneck for cost.

Mark can refund me if he wants...it's his sub. I guarantee you won't see many of these prints for sale by me if I'm still part of it though.

Believe what you want! and please, oh please bring up bsutter11 again. I love it.
PrintNoob87 wrote:What'd you win from the bet?
lost $20, I picked gbd to out me first.
captainhavoc
Art Expert

Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:38 pm

Ayes wrote:Maybe all these dates who've been turning you down see you in your yard hurling cat food and blowing weed smoke at your neighbor's pets.