Official James White / Signalnoise thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9471
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:12 am

Signalnoise wrote:
acidburn wrote:And wasn't your Thing print a big one too?
That wasn't official, just something I did for myself. Favourite horror movie and all. :)

I only sold a handful. So many official THING posters out there I was afraid of getting C&D by someone.
People still enjoyed it though?

And trust me, you might see people say there are way too many of whatever property out there but if you come along and knock something out of the park, there will def be results.
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25676
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:19 am

Image

Happy to have this even tho it wasn't able to be released as a screen print. :clap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
Signalnoise
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 793
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:56 pm
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:34 pm

acidburn wrote:People still enjoyed it though?
Oh I see what you mean. Yeah, people did enjoy it. I'm not trying to void any of my work (sorry if I came off that way), just a shift in direction after spending so long trying to get a foothold.
rubberneck wrote:Image

Happy to have this even tho it wasn't able to be released as a screen print. :clap:
Hell yeah, thanks dude! Not many of those things out there. :)
James White • Artist and Designer
Signalnoise Studio
WebTwitterInstagram
User avatar
xangelx
Art Expert
Posts: 2320
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY - Top of the food chain!

Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:39 pm

acidburn wrote:eh too hard on yourself. Your work is great. You have a very unique style and I think with the right properties it would come out even more.
Joe can you get the license to Springbreakers and have James do the poster? Cool thanks.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
User avatar
Signalnoise
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 793
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:56 pm
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:35 am

xangelx wrote:
acidburn wrote:eh too hard on yourself. Your work is great. You have a very unique style and I think with the right properties it would come out even more.
Joe can you get the license to Springbreakers and have James do the poster? Cool thanks.
I was on the hook to do an official Springbreakers poster just before the movie came out. Gig fell apart when a larger company scooped the license (and did nothing with it, as far as I know).
James White • Artist and Designer
Signalnoise Studio
WebTwitterInstagram
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9471
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:01 am

haha its always on cable now.
User avatar
tenaciousjack
Art Expert
Posts: 2839
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:06 pm

Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:38 pm

'Old Hero' just posted by James.

Image
User avatar
Signalnoise
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 793
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:56 pm
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:39 pm

tenaciousjack wrote:'Old Hero' just posted by James.

Image
Thanks for posting, buddy.

This is a WIP at the moment. Had the 'Old Heroes' series in my head for a while, decided to tackle this piece recently and explore the content/style a bit. Josh Keyes and Mike Mitchell influences are pretty apparent.
James White • Artist and Designer
Signalnoise Studio
WebTwitterInstagram
User avatar
xangelx
Art Expert
Posts: 2320
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY - Top of the food chain!

Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:43 pm

Oh I dig that ^^^
Signalnoise wrote:
xangelx wrote:
acidburn wrote:eh too hard on yourself. Your work is great. You have a very unique style and I think with the right properties it would come out even more.
Joe can you get the license to Springbreakers and have James do the poster? Cool thanks.
I was on the hook to do an official Springbreakers poster just before the movie came out. Gig fell apart when a larger company scooped the license (and did nothing with it, as far as I know).
Sooooo yeah...make it happen?
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
User avatar
Signalnoise
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 793
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:56 pm
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:27 am

xangelx wrote:Oh I dig that ^^^
Thanks!
xangelx wrote:Sooooo yeah...make it happen?
Spring breakers, you mean? Probably nothing I can really pursue. I was so annoyed by the situation I didn't even bother seeing the movie. Haha.
James White • Artist and Designer
Signalnoise Studio
WebTwitterInstagram
User avatar
xangelx
Art Expert
Posts: 2320
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY - Top of the food chain!

Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:40 am

Signalnoise wrote:
xangelx wrote:Oh I dig that ^^^
Thanks!
xangelx wrote:Sooooo yeah...make it happen?
Spring breakers, you mean? Probably nothing I can really pursue. I was so annoyed by the situation I didn't even bother seeing the movie. Haha.
I bet if you did see the movie you'd make a poster for it in your sleep.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
User avatar
DaleCooper
Art Expert
Posts: 3659
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:19 am
Location: Nottingham

Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:17 am

Signalnoise wrote:I'm looking forward to getting back into StarKade releases after the holidays. Top of the list is the final Half-Shells instalment, long overdue on releasing Mikey.
Any updates on the last print of the TMNT sub?
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25676
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:26 am

"Forgoing pop-culture for original content was the best decision. The Signalnoise creative trajectory has never been more clear. Fired up"
Recent Twitter post.

Might be a while then...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
DaleCooper
Art Expert
Posts: 3659
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:19 am
Location: Nottingham

Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:46 am

As long as I get the Mikey print I paid for, that's cool.
User avatar
dylanosaur
Art Expert
Posts: 1537
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:53 am

Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:29 am

i just reorganized my mini prints yesterday and was saddened by lack of Mikey.
Post Reply