Official James White / Signalnoise thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
Signalnoise
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 793
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:56 pm
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:41 pm

DaleCooper wrote:If they're going for villains, what do you reckon?

Shredder, Rocksteady, Beebop and Krang?

I'd also LOVE to see a Foot soldier, Casey Jones and Splinter
Great thing about the turtles universe is the selection of colourful baddies. Have some fun stuff lined-up. :)

Also have a few other secrets up my sleeve. Some orders might get more than they bargained for... just sayin'.
James White • Artist and Designer
Signalnoise Studio
WebTwitterInstagram
User avatar
DaleCooper
Art Expert
Posts: 3659
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:19 am
Location: Nottingham

Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:41 pm

Oh man - make sure they aren't too limited!
User avatar
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert
Posts: 6310
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 2:24 pm
Location: Chicago

Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:48 pm

+1 on the Leader and secret bad guy, I passed on subscription :cry:

First WWF and know TMNT :drool:

All we need now is the Ghostbusters and my childhood set is complete.
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
User avatar
sonicboom
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:24 pm

Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:03 pm

I picked up a sub against my wallets wishes.
User avatar
Signalnoise
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 793
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:56 pm
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Half-Shells subscriptions and packs are sold out.

What a wonderful start to this fun little series. Another big thanks everyone!
James White • Artist and Designer
Signalnoise Studio
WebTwitterInstagram
User avatar
GonzMan
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 270
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:31 pm

Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:31 pm

Signalnoise wrote:
DaleCooper wrote:If they're going for villains, what do you reckon?

Shredder, Rocksteady, Beebop and Krang?

I'd also LOVE to see a Foot soldier, Casey Jones and Splinter
Great thing about the turtles universe is the selection of colourful baddies. Have some fun stuff lined-up. :)

Also have a few other secrets up my sleeve. Some orders might get more than they bargained for... just sayin'.
Could it be those "Hot rodding teenagers from Dimension-X?

chisoxfan2424 wrote:+1 on the Leader and secret bad guy, I passed on subscription :cry:

First WWF and know TMNT :drool:

All we need now is the Ghostbusters and my childhood set is complete.
Make it "The Real Ghostbusters" and im in. Would love to see Sam Hain, Sandman and Boogeyman.
User avatar
DaleCooper
Art Expert
Posts: 3659
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:19 am
Location: Nottingham

Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:00 pm

Just added the MOTU and TMNT to the EB database so hopefully they'll show up soon. Need to track down the MOTU set.

edit:

Image

Image
User avatar
Signalnoise
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 793
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:56 pm
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:48 am

DaleCooper wrote:Just added the MOTU and TMNT to the EB database so hopefully they'll show up soon. Need to track down the MOTU set.

edit:

Image

Image
Awesome, thanks for doing that buddy. Much appreciated.

Wish I could help you out on nabbing a Masters set, but I'm fresh out. Only 10 made it online, the rest sold out at the gallery.
James White • Artist and Designer
Signalnoise Studio
WebTwitterInstagram
User avatar
DaleCooper
Art Expert
Posts: 3659
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:19 am
Location: Nottingham

Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:14 pm

Appreciate it, James. I'll track them down eventually :)
User avatar
theartofliving
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:58 pm
Location: Austin, Tx

Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:25 pm

so i was flipping through the new game informer last night and under "top christmas gifts for 2013" they had James's starkade series listed. pretty cool
User avatar
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert
Posts: 6711
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:48 pm
Location: Houston

Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:26 pm

theartofliving wrote:so i was flipping through the new game informer last night and under "top christmas gifts for 2013" they had James's starkade series listed. pretty cool
That's sweet!
User avatar
Signalnoise
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 793
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:56 pm
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:45 pm

theartofliving wrote:so i was flipping through the new game informer last night and under "top christmas gifts for 2013" they had James's starkade series listed. pretty cool
I got emails from a few moms wanting to buy sets for their kids. Bummer to tell them I've sold out.

I blamed all of you. :)
James White • Artist and Designer
Signalnoise Studio
WebTwitterInstagram
User avatar
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert
Posts: 6711
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:48 pm
Location: Houston

Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:51 pm

Imagine a gaming series of these! ex:
Final Fantasy 2D series
Cecil, Kain, Sabin, Terra, Golbez, Kefka

Secret of Mana, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger. Oh how the mind wanders!
User avatar
DaleCooper
Art Expert
Posts: 3659
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:19 am
Location: Nottingham

Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:23 pm

All these Robocop sketches that haven't been printed yet... I was thinking this is a way to tie them in to the Starkade series. Best moment.


User avatar
Signalnoise
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 793
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:56 pm
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:52 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:Imagine a gaming series of these! ex:
Final Fantasy 2D series
Cecil, Kain, Sabin, Terra, Golbez, Kefka

Secret of Mana, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger. Oh how the mind wanders!
While I'm not totally ruling out video game characters for my StarKade series, I don't want to tramp on anyone's toes either.

As it is, this small-format series is obviously influenced by Olly Moss and Mike Mitchell, so the last thing I want to do is start overlapping on their content too much... specifically Olly's video game characters. Know what I mean?
James White • Artist and Designer
Signalnoise Studio
WebTwitterInstagram
Post Reply