Henrik Aarrestad Uldalen : news and works

General art-related discussion.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:23 pm

PM a mod and ask em.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
fnord
Art Expert

Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:29 pm

Wawaad wrote:Can we slow down on the Hype a little bit? Until I have a few of his prints?
HYPE DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
Xander
Art Expert

Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:34 pm

twitch1977 wrote:
kryptonite wrote:2K? He told me his originals run 6-7K with older ones at 4.
That's what I was quoted as well, I would have bought the hell out of that one for $2k.
I should've mentioned that I offered $2,000 to see if that would make a dent in covering the price of that OG, but he said it's been sold already.
Wawaad
Art Expert

Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:53 pm

fnord wrote:
Wawaad wrote:Can we slow down on the Hype a little bit? Until I have a few of his prints?
HYPE DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY
DRYHYPE my life
Have No Fear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The Nation is Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ejg904
Art Expert

Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:00 pm

i predict we'll see a bunch of these in FS threads when everyone realizes these will never follow the geddes trajectory :lol:
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:13 pm

:lol:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
Wawaad
Art Expert

Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:37 pm

ejg904 wrote:i predict we'll see a bunch of these in FS threads when everyone realizes these will never follow the geddes trajectory :lol:
Are you trying to give me a heart attack ?
Have No Fear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The Nation is Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
entropy
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:50 pm

I don't think keyword spamming should be allowed in the Art Discussion subforum. An EB mod should have either moved this thread to Anything Goes or purged it altogether. At a minimum, remove Geddes' name and perhaps rename it "Consumer Psychology and the Art Collector: An Experiment in Marketing Hype [Exhibit A]"

When EB members want to rile up the art buying masses with the Next Big Thing, I think the EB community would prefer that the artist's work(s) first be added to the EB database, then once approved, discuss (hype) the art in the Art Comments threads...

Just my two bits..
thebends9
Art Expert

Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:52 pm

entropy wrote:I don't think keyword spamming should be allowed in the Art Discussion subforum. An EB mod should have either moved this thread to Anything Goes or purged it altogether. At a minimum, remove Geddes' name and perhaps rename it "Consumer Psychology and the Art Collector: An Experiment in Marketing Hype [Exhibit A]"

When EB members want to rile up the art buying masses with the Next Big Thing, I think the EB community would prefer that the artist's work(s) first be added to the EB database, then once approved, discuss (hype) the art in the Art Comments threads...

Just my two bits..
:clap: Well put :clap:
WalterSobchak
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:48 pm

:oops:
entropy wrote:I don't think keyword spamming should be allowed in the Art Discussion subforum. An EB mod should have either moved this thread to Anything Goes or purged it altogether. At a minimum, remove Geddes' name and perhaps rename it "Consumer Psychology and the Art Collector: An Experiment in Marketing Hype [Exhibit A]"

Just my two bits..
Thinking that it should just be restarted or moved back on topic. Liking the idea of people posting paintings closer to Geddes when they find them. Even photographs. My favorite artist is Geddes! If anyone can strike a similar taste for me on this thread that would be great. Already happened once. Hoping it will happen again. 8)
Every morning I awake as someone else.
Spatia
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:17 pm

ejg904 wrote:i predict we'll see a bunch of these in FS threads when everyone realizes these will never follow the geddes trajectory :lol:
I disagree - I purchased this print because I am a huge Geddes fan (see my collection) and this style of art appeals to me. I have no beliefs this will follow Geddes trajectory but believe this is great art. There were only 35 sold not hundreds and the ones that purchased Im sure are in the same boat.
ejg904
Art Expert

Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:31 pm

good, i'm glad you like it.

we shall see about the others who purchased it. i suspect others bought it because they saw the word "geddes" and thought "$$$"
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

Cragars
Art Expert

Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:32 pm

Spatia wrote:
I disagree - I purchased this print because I am a huge Geddes fan (see my collection) and this style of art appeals to me. I have no beliefs this will follow Geddes trajectory but believe this is great art. There were only 35 sold not hundreds and the ones that purchased Im sure are in the same boat.
can't :lol:
ejg904
Art Expert

Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:41 pm

and for the record, i've got 6 geddes prints myself - i see very few similarities between this guy and geddes.

i mean, okay, this guy also paints figures who are floating?

i don't think he's anywhere close to as talented as jeremy, but to each their own
Chico wrote:

gonzo303
Art Freak

Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Personally I think you guys are making a big deal out of the Geddes reference for no reason. Does it matter if people like the art?
Same fudge, different drop.