Henrik Aarrestad Uldalen : news and works

General art-related discussion.
john38103
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:26 pm

If we really want this to feel Geddes-like someone should put a couple on ebay for $2000 or $3000.
nocodept
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:32 pm

Codeblue wrote:You mean Geddes?
I love Geddes work.

I put the reference to Geddes on the title because Henrik is a realistic painter too and I thought that Geddes fans would like to know his work.
"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a rooster like a burmese python, and the mind of a drymounting scientist."
Kenny Powers
student42
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:33 pm

nocodept wrote:Half of edition gone already 8)
How do you know how many are left? It only lets you cart one at a time.
ImageI like pie!
nocodept
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:36 pm

student42 wrote:
nocodept wrote:Half of edition gone already 8)
How do you know how many are left? It only lets you cart one at a time.
magic :P

I contacted him about the edition change and he told me :wink:
"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a rooster like a burmese python, and the mind of a drymounting scientist."
Kenny Powers
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:41 pm

nocodept wrote:
I love Geddes work.

I put the reference to Geddes on the title because Henrik is a realistic painter too and I thought that Geddes fans would like to know his work.
Or maybe it was cuz you knew it would get a lot more views than putting the name of the actual artist.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
nocodept
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:45 pm

Codeblue wrote:
nocodept wrote:
I love Geddes work.

Or maybe it was cuz you knew it would get a lot more views then putting the name of the actual artist.
Think in all the people who came to this thread because of the Geddes reference and loved Henrik art :wink:

do you think that i´m wrong in any of this?
Kenny Powers
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:45 pm

I'm holding out until some of his Frizzell pieces become prints.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:49 pm

nocodept wrote:
Codeblue wrote:
nocodept wrote:
I love Geddes work.

Or maybe it was cuz you knew it would get a lot more views then putting the name of the actual artist.
Think in all the people who came to this thread because of the Geddes reference and loved Henrik art :wink:

do you think that i´m wrong in any of this?
As Jane's Addiction says, "there ain't no wrong now, ain't no right". It's just hard to deny the hype factor inherent to the title and subsequent sales progress update. If this dude ends up getting more business out of it, there's nothing wrong with that.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
nocodept
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:56 pm

Codeblue wrote:As Jane's Addiction says, "there ain't no wrong now, ain't no right". It's just hard to deny the hype factor inherent to the title and subsequent sales progress update. If this dude ends up getting more business out of it, there's nothing wrong with that.
So our thoughts are in tune about this.

Btw, what do you think about Henrik work? Not this particular print but all his work in general..
Kenny Powers
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:00 pm

nocodept wrote:Btw, what do you think about Henrik work? Not this particular print but all his work in general..
The kid's got talent. Most of the subject matter is not my bag, but he's definitely a skilled painter.
treweman
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:06 pm

There are two or three artists I've been following, and purposely and selfishly have not shared with the EB community. I want an OG from each before I shout their names from the roof top. Now that this thread exists, I can safely say that I've been watching this artist for a while now, and I'm actively looking for an OG. And I agree with others that this is not my favorite of the pieces.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:11 pm

itsame wrote:blue i think you're confusing hype with merit.
Um no.
bone811
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:15 pm

You better get a free print for marketing it on EB. This edition is going to sell out based on this thread.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:00 pm

Huh?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:43 pm

Pffft.