Henrik Aarrestad Uldalen : news and works

General art-related discussion.
guerilladubber
Art Expert

Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:28 pm

You guys had me laughing out loud for a few pages there. You're banter is TV show worthy. :clap:
I just dropped way to much on Wall Paper to be able to GE(ddes)T this... kidding- you guys make me want to be witty....
I think this dude rocks.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
eAkira
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:11 am

Has this been added to the database? whats the name for the print?

Ok got it "untitled"
nocodept
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:54 am

eAkira wrote:Has this been added to the database? whats the name for the print?

Ok got it "untitled"
http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/148058
"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a rooster like a burmese python, and the mind of a drymounting scientist."
Kenny Powers
eAkira
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:34 am

Saw the "Untiled" on the shop itself, i thought it was not given a title yet :P
So how long will this get to sell out? any guess?
ananda
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:27 am

this new print is much nicer than the previous one, not enough to push me to buy one but really a good image. Price wise it is a bit steep for a rather small print, but his OG's are quite pricey too, i asked recently and they sell for 7000 usd (for the latest ones), so 150 for a print including shiping is reasonable, although OG are much bigger (120cmx80cm usually). Curious to see what's next...
middayshadows
Art Expert

Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:36 pm

ananda wrote:this new print is much nicer than the previous one, not enough to push me to buy one but really a good image. Price wise it is a bit steep for a rather small print, but his OG's are quite pricey too, i asked recently and they sell for 7000 usd (for the latest ones), so 150 for a print including shiping is reasonable, although OG are much bigger (120cmx80cm usually). Curious to see what's next...
Personally the prices that his OG's go for doesn't really impact me with regards to whether or not his prints are fairly priced. And I dont really begrudge him for selling them at that amount either. But the truth is that I find the prices a little too steep and that is the only thing holding me back from buying in. I like the work very much thus far, but it will take a piece that really blows me away to go for it at $150.
Last edited by middayshadows on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:47 pm

middayshadows wrote:
ananda wrote:this new print is much nicer than the previous one, not enough to push me to buy one but really a good image. Price wise it is a bit steep for a rather small print, but his OG's are quite pricey too, i asked recently and they sell for 7000 usd (for the latest ones), so 150 for a print including shiping is reasonable, although OG are much bigger (120cmx80cm usually). Curious to see what's next...
Personally the prices that his OG's go for doesn't really impact me with regards to whether or not his prints are fairly priced. And I dont really begrudge him for selling them at that amount either. But the truth is that I find the prices a little too steep and that is the only thing holding me back from buying in. I like the work very much thus far, but it will take a piece that really blows me to go for it at $150.
I agree. If they were $50 like the Bret Amory prints, I'd probably pick up a couple.
shoeless
Art Expert

Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:53 pm

middayshadows wrote:
Personally the prices that his OG's go for doesn't really impact me with regards to whether or not his prints are fairly priced. And I dont really begrudge him for selling them at that amount either. But the truth is that I find the prices a little too steep and that is the only thing holding me back from buying in. I like the work very much thus far, but it will take a piece that really blows me to go for it at $150.
ISO: A PRINT THAT BLOWS ME!!!!!

In all seriousness, this:
HenryGaleWasHere wrote: I agree. If they were $50 like the Bret Amory prints, I'd probably pick up a couple.
That is.....until he becomes the next Geddes.
Lets give him a good, old fashioned EB hype!!!!

i keed. i keed......but for serious
Last edited by shoeless on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:02 pm

I pulled the trigger on it. I think it's gonna be great. Can't wait to see it.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
eAkira
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:37 pm

Pple mindset will change once its sold out.
summoner
Art Freak

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:41 pm

These prints very well "may" go for what Geddes are in the future, but that is the future. Pricing for then instead of the now might not be for the best.
Image Image Image
srdzevon
Art Expert

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:48 pm

Wasn't Heat Death the same price with a larger run when it went on sale?
ImageX5 Hodor Image
heartstrand
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:53 pm

srdzevon wrote:Wasn't Heat Death the same price with a larger run when it went on sale?
yeah, but Heat Death is AWESOME.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:58 pm

shoeless wrote: ISO: A PRINT THAT BLOWS ME!!!!!

ha ha - Freudian slip, what can I say?
shoeless wrote:
HenryGaleWasHere wrote: I agree. If they were $50 like the Bret Amory prints, I'd probably pick up a couple.
That is.....until he becomes the next Geddes.
Lets give him a good, old fashioned EB hype!!!!
Funny, but there's truth to it.
heartstrand
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:59 pm

Someone alert me when these two go up:

and I'd pay $150