Henrik Aarrestad Uldalen : news and works

General art-related discussion.
Spatia
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:46 am

Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:49 am

ejg904 wrote:
Spatia wrote:
ejg904 wrote:i predict we'll see a bunch of these in FS threads when everyone realizes these will never follow the geddes trajectory :lol:
I disagree - I purchased this print because I am a huge Geddes fan (see my collection) and this style of art appeals to me. I have no beliefs this will follow Geddes trajectory but believe this is great art. There were only 35 sold not hundreds and the ones that purchased Im sure are in the same boat.
Spatia wrote:I ended up purchasing 3 of these. Not interested in selling - rather would like to use the extras for trades in the future. I also don't know what the teade value is in these yet either. Might be tough to determine until a few sales show up some where or until his next release.
do i even need to say it?
And??? Some will sell - I doubtthe bay but there will be some private sales.
User avatar
Wawaad
Art Expert
Posts: 1263
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:54 am

jjbehren wrote:Shhhh....

But since you decided to make that info public, offer one to toobs for cost. He's a good guy and makes some interesting prints.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Have No Fear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The Nation is Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
sidewaysscott
Art God
Posts: 22102
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am
Location: denver

Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:54 am

you really bought three? :?
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
User avatar
tranito
Art Expert
Posts: 7982
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Canada

Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:58 am

It's because he wanted a vertical and upside down "variant" as well. I hear these are worth much more.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
User avatar
finneganm
Art Freak
Posts: 15822
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: NJ

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:00 pm

I bought 32, so I guess everyone else is screwed
...
...
That's what she said
User avatar
john38103
Art Expert
Posts: 2575
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:28 am
Location: Chicago

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:32 pm

finneganm wrote:I bought 32, so I guess everyone else is screwed
You're obviously a liar because I snagged 9 of them. Gonna tape them shits up in the den next to the Big Mouth Billy Bass. Should really tie the room together.
User avatar
PLUSH
Art Expert
Posts: 7197
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:43 pm
Location: TEXAS

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:36 pm

tranito wrote:It's because he wanted a vertical and upside down "variant" as well. I hear these are worth much more.

LOL, now that is funny :clap:
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51341
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:40 pm

Not really.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
PLUSH
Art Expert
Posts: 7197
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:43 pm
Location: TEXAS

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:41 pm

Codeblue wrote:Not really.

that's cause you didn't get one.
User avatar
jjbehren
Flipper
Posts: 12687
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:45 pm

PLUSH wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Not really.

that's cause you didn't get one.
Yeah, cuz getting one was was like trying to get a $49 Blu Ray at Walmart on black friday...

Image
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51341
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:49 pm

I didn't want one and still don't.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
Xander
Art Expert
Posts: 3692
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:01 pm

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:12 pm

ejg904 wrote:
Spatia wrote:I purchased this print because I am a huge Geddes fan (see my collection) and this style of art appeals to me. I have no beliefs this will follow Geddes trajectory but believe this is great art.
Spatia wrote:I ended up purchasing 3 of these. Not interested in selling - rather would like to use the extras for trades in the future. I also don't know what the trade value is in these yet either. Might be tough to determine until a few sales show up some where or until his next release.
Do I even need to say it?
:rolling:
User avatar
ejg904
Art Expert
Posts: 3047
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:25 pm
Location: nahhhh

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:13 pm

didn't it take several days for him to sell this out?

not exactly a very fast moving train
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?
User avatar
gonzo303
Art Freak
Posts: 18431
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:15 pm

ejg904 wrote:didn't it take several days for him to sell this out?

not exactly a very fast moving train
Does it honestly matter? Geddes took years.

Go fudge in another thread but some of us may actually like the art.

drymount off.
Same fudge, different drop.
User avatar
ejg904
Art Expert
Posts: 3047
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:25 pm
Location: nahhhh

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:18 pm

someone likened the print selling as quickly as a $49 blu ray on black friday.

i don't do the whole black friday thing, but i'm pretty sure those don't hang around for days
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?
Post Reply